Notes and Intel heading into Camp

WFE12

Some Auburn notes, intel heading into fall camp

Matt Zenitz - al.com

Auburn begins fall camp Friday afternoon, so here's a rundown of some things I've been hearing about the team leading up to the beginning of camp:

-- Jarrett Stidham was limited some by a back issue during the summer but the expectation, per sources, is that the star QB should be fine moving forward.

-- Word is that Kam Martin, the current leader in the competition for the starting running back job, had a good summer. Got stronger and put on some good weight. Now up in the 200 pound range.

-- Auburn continues to be excited about grad transfer offensive lineman Jack Driscoll, whom it's probably safe to refer to as the current favorite to win the right tackle job. Driscoll impressed people behind the scenes throughout the summer.

-- Word is that Calvin Ashley had a good summer too, though. For now, it seems like he's still in the mix for that right tackle job, but it's possible the former five-star recruit could end up moving inside to guard at some point. Coaches think he's versatile and capable of making that move.

-- Some of the other vets I've heard had especially good and productive summers are wide receiver Ryan Davis, defensive linemen Dontavious Russell and Derrick Brown and cornerbacks Jamel Dean and Javaris Davis. Seems like sophomore linebacker K.J. Britt also had a good summer.

-- Lastly, people have continued to be complimentary of freshman receiver Matthew Hill, who enrolled this summer. A top-100 recruit, Hill has decent size at 6-1 and 185 pounds and is talked about as a versatile guy who runs good routes, has good hands and is smart and tough. Some other freshmen who had particularly good summers: running back Asa Martin, cornerback Christian Tutt and safeties Jamien Sherwood and Smoke Monday.

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

Word is that Kam Martin, the current leader in the competition for the starting running back job, had a good summer. Got stronger and put on some good weight. Now up in the 200 pound range.

Well, that's just 

QuickBaggyBuffalo-max-1mb.gif

13 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Sounds like a guy that can handle 25 plus carries a game now!  ZING. 

25? Pfft . . . mere child's play compared to what we're going to do to him against ASU in week 2! Gotta get those "Heisman" numbers up quick!

(sarcasm)

In all seriousness, that's like the best possible notes and intel post that could have been made. All positions of concern were addressed and had sunshine pumped into them. Well, except for Stidham of course and his back.

6 minutes ago, AUatHeart said:

Did Siposs (sp?) ever report?

Yes, reporters have said he may not start fall camp with the 1st team while he adjusts but the plan is to have him working with the starters after a few days.

40 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

The way the title read I thought Notes and Intel were a couple of new guys that I had not heard about.

From what I hear Notes is studious and Intel is just plain smart.

Archived