Sign in to follow this  
RunInRed

Too Early Pregame Sights and Sounds -- CFA Kickoff game vs. Washington

20 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Curious... Who's shoes are these?  The white ones look like the same shoes the male cheerleaders are wearing in that thread...  They don't appear to be football cleats.

Coaches' shoes?

Likely, warm-up, walk-through, Tiger Walk, --- and coaches, staff shoes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Keep in mind.  Even though probably more CFB is followed/watched in the SE than the rest of the country combined (just a hunch admittedly) bspn is right on NYC's doorstep so they come from a very Yankee perspective.

I'm sure they consider the Yankees/Red Sox, Cowboys/Redskins, and yes..... Michigan/tOSU rivalries, etc to be above Auburn v Alabama.

They're shooting for NYC (& NE, in general) TV ratings.  It's not about what makes sense....it's about $$$. (+ Like it or not UW brings little to the "national interest" table and we're "only" Auburn....not bammer.)

Just being honest here...

Bingo.

Same reason we didn't play for all the Tostitos in 2004. Wasn't because of the Citadel. It was because we started the season behind two name brands. We've inched closer since then but we're still nowhere near a Notre Dame or a Michigan. Heck, bama probably doesn't sell as much merch as Notre Dame. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Bingo.

Same reason we didn't play for all the Tostitos in 2004. Wasn't because of the Citadel. It was because we started the season behind two name brands. We've inched closer since then but we're still nowhere near a Notre Dame or a Michigan. Heck, bama probably doesn't sell as much merch as Notre Dame. 

We were tied with Oklahoma the week after Georgia that year. Man, we really should've blown out Alabama. I don't care if it's a rivalry game, if we were going to dominate Alabama, that had to be the year.

Also, still pisses me off that Tennessee choked to Notre Dame that year. If they hadn't, there would've been three teams whose only losses were to each other and to us (at least, heading into bowl season, which is when it really counts).

Edited by AUwent

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 12:40 PM, boisnumber1 said:

There are people who still watch Gameday?

That's what I was thinking! I watch the last 5 minutes just to see Corso wear the mascot head...sometimes.

26 minutes ago, MDM4AU said:

Are we wearing Blue or White jerseys for this game?

It depends on if we're 'home' or 'visitor...'

I know, totally uncalled for. I actually don't know either but have wondered.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2018 at 8:05 PM, AUBwins said:

Oh geez. Hope my wife doesn't see this shoe trunk. 😳

Not your wife of course.....but I sure am admiring that really fine shoe trunk. It might hold most of my shoes.

Every girl needs at least one of those trunks in her life.

• Haha 1