Nike chooses Kapaernick for Just Do It...

japantiger

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You're a little scary.

Ya, cause I'm the one that runs around calling everyone I disagree with racist or crazy.

I will be honest with you. I expect you to call people racist and names and dodge actual conversations. You have a well proven track record of doing so. So why not have some fun with it.

Like this, I knew you wouldn't actually touch the issues and go personal with it. So I did it for you.

Now do you want to discuss things like this comment:

"I think it would be hypocritical of me to vote," Kaepernick said. "I'd said from the beginning I was against oppression, I was against a system of oppression. I'm not going to show support for that system. And, to me, the oppressor isn't going to allow you to vote your way out of your oppression."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/colin-kaepernick-explains-why-he-didnt-vote-in-election-would-be-hypocritical/

So here is a guy that is against oppression, yet again wants to play in a league that is very oppressive to women (even the networks). Is now the spokesmen of a very oppressive corporation. And has also been selected to target a group that people are trying to get involved in voting.

Though treatment of women is not an issue for the age demographic that Nike was going for. All you have to do is listen to lyrics of modern music. The question will be if the momentum carries through to cover losses in the future.

I won't buy Nike gear cause of my experience with the quality.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Ya, cause I'm the one that runs around calling everyone I disagree with racist or crazy.

I will be honest with you. I expect you to call people racist and names and dodge actual conversations.

That's just BS,  a**hole.

You ignore what I post and start riffing on what you want to believe about me.

14 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Trump is the one who fostered the "disrespect for America" motivation to Colin Kaepernick which is total BS.  This "conflict" is a creation of Trump because he foolishly assumed it would be to his advantage.

Many - if not most - of that "40 plus age group don't care about Nike incorporating Kaeperick into their marketing plan, regardless of what Trump might think, which was my point.

Still had nothing to do with my comments on them leaving out a huge market that does use their products.

And actually, I know some 40 plus women that have not forgotten that Kaeperick himself was under the gun for sexual assault at one point. They believe that he bought his way out of it with her. Regardless of whether that it is true or not, they still remember it.

And no Trump didn't. He latched on to what people were doing and saying and used it to his advantage. Those people didn't need Trump, and even without Trump it would still be going on.

Just like when the Dixie Chicks made their comments. You really think that citizens of the Republic of Texas needed someone to foster them after those comments? Hell no. Those girls weren't even second rate back ups, they were selling out shows for a multi platinum album. They were Tom Brady. The fans brought them down all on their own.

Remember, Tebow faced the concept of being black balled by the NFL also due to his religion being a distraction. Course it was cool for other players to talk bad about him and mock him and run him out of the league cause of his beliefs:

Not only do teams not want to deal with the attention that comes with Tebow being on the roster, but many don't even want the distraction of being linked to him. A number of NFL teams distanced themselves from Tebow in the hours following his release.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/4/29/4283924/tim-tebow-released-team-interest

Oh and let's not forget the liberal sides blow out against Tim Tebow and the anti-abortion add featuring his mother.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/superflashback-when-abortion-defending-liberals-freaked-out-about-ad-featuring-tim-tebows-proud-mom

Interesting how Kaepernick is "sacrificing in believing for something" and Tebow wasn't.

43 minutes ago, homersapien said:

That's just BS,  a**hole.

You ignore what I post and start riffing on what you want to believe about me.

Right, cause you never call anyone names or go straight into making it personal lol. Like your response here for example.

Sucks when people use your own tactics doesn't it.

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

I'm not "dodging' anything.  I ignored it as being irrelevant.  The subject is Colin Kaepernick.

But if accurate, I would welcome any woman - or women - demonstrating or bringing attention to it. 

I have no illusions about companies positioning themselves as "moral" when amoral policies are enhancing producing the profits.  That's just good ole capitalism! 

And you can "guess" to your hearts content.  ;)

The subject is also Nike and Marketing.

7 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

So is Trump when it comes to the athletic gear choices of 40 year olds. Yet your still tossing it out there.

Here is the thing. People are acting like Nike is doing some kind of major save the world thing with Kapernick. They are not.[/quote]

No one is acting like that.  Don't exaggerate.

As I linked, their reputation was already in the dumps behind companies like UnderArmour and Adidas. This helped them move closer. Lot of that had to do with their inequalities with women. So ya, it is relevant when you are making social commentary with your advertisements trying to portray yourself as a green company to increase your reputation and financial shares.

No clue what you mean by if accurate... is it not accurate cause it didn't come from Vox or the Atlantic? Posted links to both statements.

Nike to me is fake in doing this. They are also very hypocritical due to their previous treatment of women.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/28/business/nike-women.html

Non sequitur.  You're lurching from women's issues to portraying themselves as green(?).  Stay on topic.

I also think it is relevant that you have this guy that is "standing up to oppression in America" yet wants to so badly play in a league and be the spokes person for an organization that are both knee deep in oppression of others. I won't salute your flag cause of oppression, but dammit give me a few million and I will be your champion.

So because he can't solve every problem, he shouldn't bother trying to shed light any problem?

Mean come on. The dude talks about change and he didn't even vote.

So?  Sometimes there aren't any candidates worth voting for.

On 9/15/2018 at 2:18 AM, Texan4Auburn said:

Right, cause you never call anyone names or go straight into making it personal lol. Like your response here for example.

Sucks when people use your own tactics doesn't it.

Man, you are nuts.  You accuse me of calling others racists - with absolutely no evidence - then blame me for reacting to such a lie.

I apologize for calling you an a**hole.  You are simply a liar.

5 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Fair enough, but it is being portrayed as one of the greatest marketing moves ever.

Non sequitur.  You're lurching from women's issues to portraying themselves as green(?).  Stay on topic.

It is on topic. Like the article that I linked from ESPN discussed the Nike image had dropped and this move helped to improve it potentially. I will link an article below that discusses the need for green, the potential damage to said image, and that Nike has been in decline the past years. Women's issues are a green topic also. They also fall under the oppressed class which Kapernick claims he is against.

So because he can't solve every problem, he shouldn't bother trying to shed light any problem?

He can do what he wants. Doesn't mean that I have to believe him when he says he is against oppression and becomes the spokesmen for a organization that is oppressing women. I have the right to think he is full of BS and only looking for a paycheck.

Then go down and write someone in. You don't have to vote for who is on the ballot. That is what I was taught to do. But remember that he is not voting cause he is against oppression and voting is supporting a system of oppression.....lol and now he is the spokesmen for Nike?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-22/nike-scandal-threatens-its-image-with-women-at-tumultuous-time

Three years ago, Nike chairman Phil Knight stood before the National Press Club and told the world he was so tired of labor-rights groups criticizing the athletic shoe company he founded that he was going to personally make sure conditions improved at Nike factories around the world.

Knight has fallen short of his promises — far short, in some cases, according to a 105-page report released by the Global Exchange.

"During the last three years, Nike has continued to treat the sweatshop issue as a public-relations inconvenience rather than as a serious human rights matter," said Leila Salazar, corporate accountability director for the San Francisco-based labor-rights organization.

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=88176&page=1

Women's issues, labor issues, mean don't tell me you are against oppression and oppressive systems and then become the spokesmen for one. Then if you are going to go green with your marketing then start with cleaning up your own house first.

On 9/15/2018 at 7:37 AM, TitanTiger said:

So now it is not okay to exaggerate in the smack talk forum.  You crack me up when you get all holier than thou! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

8 hours ago, Grumps said:

So now it is not okay to exaggerate in the smack talk forum.  You crack me up when you get all holier than thou! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

If you're just cracking wise, that's one thing.  But if you act like you're putting forth an actual argument, it gets treated like one.  That's not being holier than thou, it's pointing out the holes in someone's logic. 

Just because we let some insults go in here doesn't mean you are immune from having your argument taken apart.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Icanthearyou, why not bring something to the table instead of just tossing face slaps at everyone you don't like?

Really curious what your position is on the above activist that believe Nike is purposely targeting youth and the gang culture since you face slapped it.

You have Kaepernick making these type of statements:

“Congrats 2 my brother @e_reid35, all pro safety who should have been signed the 1st day of free agency, who has signed a football contract,” Kaepernick wrote. “He was the 1ST person 2 kneel alongside me. Eric is a social justice warrior, continues to support his family. and communities in need.

More so than any other player, Reid has stood by Kaepernick during his battle against social injustice. To see his best bud sign has to be considered a win.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/kaepernick-congratulates-reid-after-signing-with-panthers/ar-BBND0St?li=BBnbfcL

You've face slapped anyone against Kaepernick, and liked anyone for. So curious if you're just slapping me to be that guy (99% sure you are and you probably didn't watch the video or read the article), or do you feel that these individuals acting as social justice warriors who believe they are supporting their communities needs deserved to be face slapped. Are they wrong to think that Nike is targeting gang culture? Then if social justice warriors feel that Nike is hurting their communities doesn't that make Kaepernick look even more like a hypocrite and a sell out?

• 2 months later...
19 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Well this should end the speculation as to who Nike’s target market is. 

Can we have that as a go to graphic here? That is prime evidence of the double speak on Fox. I was researching this very thing not 20 minutes ago. Fox says there is financial fallout, Reality: Nike is doing very well and has reversed a North American sales slump over the last few years. This is the stuff that has driven thinking people away from Fox. I left them around 2005. I havent listened to Rushannity since then either.

On 9/26/2018 at 12:40 AM, Texan4Auburn said:

You're beclowning yourself. 

On 9/7/2018 at 9:24 AM, Proud Tiger said:

Nike Obituary

1964-2018   Died of Colin cancer.

Goodbye Nike.

“The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated"

-Nike

Archived