Nike chooses Kapaernick for Just Do It...

japantiger

Former NFL player and Green Beret Nate Boyer chimes back in.  He's the one that initially asked Kap to kneel instead of sit.  People should really read his thoughts and reasoning.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/colin-kaepernick-national-anthem-america-how-military-service-influenced-my-ncna906956

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guy walks into a shoe store to return a pair of Nikes. owner asked him what's the problem. Guy says they hurt his feet when he stands for the National Anthem:hellyeah:.

10 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Screen Shot 2018-09-07 at 9.30.31 AM.png

Good for you Dan. I love it, But i hope you got the recall notice. :lol:

On 9/5/2018 at 7:25 PM, AU64 said:

Exposure?   How about sales.?  too early to tell...... but exposure?    Ohio State got a lot of exposure the last few weeks......and I expect they could have done without it :-\

Sooooo, how about sales? 

10 hours ago, homersapien said:

I never said anything about how many of them there are.  I said they all support Trump.

You know that's true, which is exactly why you are trying to change the substance of my statement. ;)

Truth is you don't know nor can you prove that. We both know it. Carry on.

Mostly good ratings news from the Week 1 NFL overnights:

Fox regional games up 5% from last season.

Fox national game up 1% from last season.

CBS single header up 23% from last season.

NBC Sunday Night Football down 9% from last season. (this compared to last year's Giants vs Cowboys, which is pretty hard to beat pairing probably one of the top 2 or 3 most popular teams with the largest TV market in the country)

27 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Mostly good ratings news from the Week 1 NFL overnights:

Fox regional games up 5% from last season.

Fox national game up 1% from last season.

CBS single header up 23% from last season.

NBC Sunday Night Football down 9% from last season. (this compared to last year's Giants vs Cowboys, which is pretty hard to beat pairing probably one of the top 2 or 3 most popular teams with the largest TV market in the country)

Last night's game was great too. A-a-ron is so damn good. 

Nike has now recovered all the ground it lost the day of the Kaepernick announcement plus some.  Closed at 82.20 the day before he was announced to be in a series of Nike commercials.  Right now at 82.94.  

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Nike has now recovered all the ground it lost the day of the Kaepernick announcement plus some.  Closed at 82.20 the day before he was announced to be in a series of Nike commercials.  Right now at 82.94.  

Yea, but ain't nobody cutting grass in the swoosh anymore. lol

1 minute ago, alexava said:

Yea, but ain't nobody cutting grass in the swoosh anymore. lol

Haha.  Yeah.  Sales of Nike products at Ross and Kohl's down 30%.  Sales everywhere else up 35%.

10 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Haha.  Yeah.  Sales of Nike products at Ross and Kohl's down 30%.  Sales everywhere else up 35%.

It's almost as if the whiney folks complaining about Nike don't understand the brand's target market at all.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

It's almost as if the whiney folks complaining about Nike don't understand the brand's target market at all.

Amazing concept, huh?  Older and middle aged white men not being the target market of everything.  Wow.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

My wife, who is as non-political as you can get, got a kick out of this video.

8 minutes ago, alexava said:

A form of voluntary ( but unaware) admission of mental disorders. 

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

37 minutes ago, alexava said:

A form of voluntary ( but unaware) admission of mental disorders. 

DnESuK0VsAEtf87?format=jpg

On 9/11/2018 at 5:26 PM, TitanTiger said:

From the month before. If you follow the Labor Day numbers, which is going to naturally have an increase, it is only 17% from the previous year.

Data tracking firm Edison Trends last week said that its work had shown that online sales of Nike product was up 31 percent over Labor Day weekend compared to the average sale days a month before. Labor Day sales were only up 17 percent versus the average in 2017.

http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/article/24656192/poll-shows-nike-kaepernick-ad-hit-target-alienated-others

16 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

I guess older and middle aged white men with money are no longer important.

In all seriousness, why would they be to Nike?  Older and middle aged white men may buy one new pair of sneakers per year.  Younger kids who care about fashion buy new kicks every few months.  Who would you market to if you ran the business?  It's a freaking no brainer.

16 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

I guess older and middle aged white men with money are no longer important.

You are correct they are not important to Nike. Nike used this for the 18-29 markets which will dive in fully on green marketing. They already had image issues there versus UnderArmour and Addidas.

"Gen Z [13 to 22 years old] and millennials [22 to 34 years old] value companies that are socially active," Gerzema said. "The younger population approve of Nike's choice to use Colin Kaepernick.

http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/article/24656192/poll-shows-nike-kaepernick-ad-hit-target-alienated-others

I personally am not watching the NFL this year due to the lack of diversity, especially at positions like corner-back. I would like to see an increase in Hispanic and Asian/Pacific Island players in the NFL.

5 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

From the month before. If you follow the Labor Day numbers, which is going to naturally have an increase, it is only 17% from the previous year.

I was making the numbers up to be funny.  Basically saying that all the old MAGA hat wearing white dudes who buy their $39 Nike's at discounters boycotting has been surpassed by the actual Nike target market (who will drop $100-200 on a pair of sneakers) flocking to the brand.

Archived