The refs in that game should tender their resignations

TitanTiger

Spare me the "don't blame refs" or "we had our opportunities."  I'm not in the mood.  LSU got bailed out multiple times to extend their drives late and we had two of our drives killed because the refs apparently only notice pass interference when Auburn does it.  But Greedy Williams can grab and redirect a player off his route and flat run a WR over and no flag.  Complete horse***t.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are absolutely correct. The Refs determined the outcome of this game. No way around that. Can talk about getting beat in certain spots and missed field goals, but the game was over until the Refs decided for it not be. I asked in another thread and I will ask again, can someone please provide me with the names of the officiating crew?

Oh c'mon...........with the talent we supposedly have on this team AND the amount we are paying a mediocre (at best) coach, the team should be able to overcome a few bad calls.  However, they didn't.  That's the real story here.

4 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

I know you’re mad but come on man. Refs played a big factor but they didn’t cause the L

When you extend all three of LSU's 2nd half scoring drives and at the same time kill two Auburn drives forcing punts because you won't throw a flag on LSU for the same s***, yes they caused the L.  No, it shouldn't have been that close but sometimes SEC games are close and tough.  I don't expect perfection, but I expect consistency.  And those were huge no calls and calls that were completely one-sided at the most critical moments.

Refs didnt cause the L but theres no situation in which you should be allowed to call a game like they did. That was the worst quarter of officiating Ive ever ******* seen. THEY LITERALLY ******* STOPPED US FROM GETTING IN FG RANGE THEN CARRIED THEM TO THE END ZONE. THEY WON THEM THE ******* GAME

4 minutes ago, Shift said:

Oh c'mon...........with the talent we supposedly have on this team AND the amount we are paying a mediocre (at best) coach, the team should be able to overcome a few bad calls.  However, they didn't.  That's the real story here.

When you give one team 45 yds in penalty yardage on three different drives (with the automatic first down) and you at the same time refuse to throw the flag when they do the same to us and force us to punt, that's hard to overcome unless you're playing Alabama State.  At least three of those calls/no calls were on 3rd down, meaning they literally caused those drives to either be extended (for LSU) or to end with a punt (Auburn).  That's almost equivalent to three turnovers because it either forces or prevents a change of possession.

12 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Spare me the "don't blame refs" or "we had our opportunities."  I'm not in the mood.  LSU got bailed out multiple times to extend their drives late and we had two of our drives killed because the refs apparently only notice pass interference when Auburn does it.  But Greedy Williams can grab and redirect a player off his route and flat run a WR over and no flag.  Complete horse***t.

Absolutely agree.....we could have played better of course but at the same time we had good coverage on atleast 5 plays on 3rd or 4th down that we’re called PI

8 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I hope the SEC takes a close look at the refs in this game. I hate to blame it on the refs, but yes, I blame this loss on the refs 80% and 20% on Gus play calling.  I see an 8-4 type of season and have to be honest and not sugar coat. We will have our hands full with Ole Miss, MSU, UGA, bammer, and TAMU. Not saying we will lose these games, but we will have to play better than we did today or we good lord forbidding, see a 2-6 SEC season. I am usually upbeat and error on the side of optimism. The SEC is much better this year than last season and we will have to work hard to earn victories that we easily won last season. (MSU, Ole Miss, TAMU, UGA & turds) Hate to go on about this, but we will need better performances the rest of the season.

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

When you give one team 45 yds in penalty yardage on three different drives (with the automatic first down) and you at the same time refuse to throw the flag when they do the same to us and force us to punt, that's hard to overcome unless you're playing Alabama State.

Just stop.  We picked up 91 yards in the game due to penalties called on LSU.  The net penalty yards for the game was +20 yards for LSU.  That shouldn't have made a difference.

Every penalty called on us looked correct. Our DB grab and hold like no ones business. Refs know this and look for it: teams will throw on us because of it. We were not the better team today.

The problem with some of your arguments on here about “we should’ve never been in that situation” is that you can’t expect to beat a team when they are given first downs in critical situations by officiating, and plays that could be big for us are ruined by a PI on the opposing team that isn’t called. You can’t blame the whole game on the refs, but can blame some of the lack of ability to stop them on D and advance the ball on O on refereeing. When a team is given 30 yards on a drive, you can’t argue how crucial that is to a drive. If it’s in a crucial situation, it’s imperative you get calls correct. Crucial situations are part of football.

4 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Let’s call the office Monday and let them know!!!

You know those calls are screened by uat employees don't you?

21 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

I know you’re mad but come on man. Refs played a big factor but they didn’t cause the L

Yes they did. Was at the game; it was horrid! Was at the game; it was horrid!

22 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

The whole team gets failing grades.  Auburn should have won going away if we executed even with the penalties

5 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

Every penalty called on us looked correct. Our DB grab and hold like no ones business. Refs know this and look for it: teams will throw on us because of it. We were not the better team today.

We were robbed, plain and simple!

20 minutes ago, Shift said:

A few bad calls?

27 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Totally agree and what will the SEC do about it? Absolutly nothing!

Archived