Alabama is averaging 56.7 PPG

Dual-Threat Rigby

If I am being honest this is the best team Saban has ever had, especially on offense. The next 2 years will be very tough for opposing teams. They have everything - Top QB, top OL, top WRs, and top RBs. In the past they always had a "game manager" QB who was not great but just good. If you stopped their run (see the AU game last year) they could be beaten. The addition of Tua has changed that completely.

The only thing I am holding onto at this point is that we play them late in the season and that we will be considerably better by then. As of today we would lose by 3 TDs and that is only because we have a good defense, but we have a few months to get better on offense. 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/22/2018 at 7:12 PM, aubaseball said:

He wasn’t forced too, he elected to change.   And AUBURN’s coach hasn’t.    

x1000000

He wasn't "forced" to do a damn thing.  He could've sat back and done absolutely nothing to evolve his offense (i.e. Les Miles), he could've done nothing to improve his overall team and just sat back winning 9-10 games a year (i.e. Mark Richt), he could've kept recruiting a massively big and strong defense that didn't have the body frame or stamina to go toe to toe with these fast-paced/RPO/hunh/air it out offenses.  

He chose to completely change the prototype of his defensive players, he then hired OC's that brought a new and innovative perspective to the game.  He constantly looks to improve, adapt, create, and innovate both sides of the ball. 

YES They cheat like hell to get the talent advantage, I admit that - I don't care that they cheat because that will never change, it's been that way for the past 60 freaking years.  So, those 5* get paid to play?  At the end of the day, those paid players don't know that playbook when they get there, they don't know the multi-dimensional schemes on offense or defense, and yet the field is absolutely littered with young players that can execute at a top level.   When you throw half a dozen true-freshmen into the last half of a national championship game and they have a come back from a 2 TD deficit and win the thing in OT - someone is developing those talented guys at a high level.

Archived