Alabama is averaging 56.7 PPG

Dual-Threat Rigby

2 hours ago, aubaseball said:

I’m not saying they don’t cheat, or for that matter,  we don’t cheat.   What I’m saying is why is it that other teams don’t put the same focus as Saban?  It’s proven that it can work.   He is not scared to run off individuals that are a cancer and don’t buy in to the process.   He is also not afraid to go out and hire coaches  that no one else will touch.   There are currently plenty out there that could help us, but I believe the fan base at auburn would not allow it.   Example ( Briles).  He doesn’t have to be an on the field coach, saban has butch jones sitting in, giving input.  

Saban wanted to bring in Hugh Freeze, probably still does and Sankey nixed that.  I’d have to think Sankey nixed Gus bringing in  either of the Briles too. 

For all the accusations of NS being a dicktator, he somehow welcomes various viewpoints, opinions, ideas, and brings in a diverse crew of coaches from all over the place.  Who’d have ever thought Butch Jones would agree to be a part of that outfit? Or Steve Sarkisian, Lane Kiffin?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Man I dont want to be a debby downer, but I dont think there's a team in this league, much less us thats in the same world as these guys with Tua. Hes just made them universally better 

Tua is a legit Heisman candidate already and he’s backed up by the best defense in the nation. They are heavy championship favorites this year and they basically lose nobody on offense this offseason. What’s in their water?

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Tua is a legit Heisman candidate already and he’s backed up by the best defense in the nation. They are heavy championship favorites this year and they basically lose nobody on offense this offseason. What’s in their water?

Tua has one of the best QB coaches in college ball working and training him everyday.  He’s working in a scheme that fits his style, they aren’t trying to force an offensive scheme that he’s not suited to play.   

True.   I think a lot of people would be more receptive of CGM if he were to change his philosophy more to suit the players he has or the strengths of the players.   With our current setup,  we should be throwing the ball 50 times a game.   Our strength this year is receivers and qb, and it doesn’t take a genius to figure it out.   Auburn has small backs with speed, so get the ball out in space like the patriots.  In the off-season, go to Oklahoma or anywhere and pickup new ideas.    That’s my biggest gripe with malzahn.    Try to learn different things.    Where is the tight-end over the middle?  Or anywhere for that matter? It really is quite confusing that we don’t have plays that involve all of our weapons.  

EPSN FPI has their Projected Win % at 93.2 average for the rest of the year with a low of 84.8 @LSU.  Win out % is 34.7 (Crazy numbers)

Will be very interesting to see how the numbers takes shape over the course of the season

On 9/17/2018 at 9:49 PM, keesler said:

Tua has one of the best QB coaches in college ball working and training him everyday.  He’s working in a scheme that fits his style, they aren’t trying to force an offensive scheme that he’s not suited to play.   

There is not a glaring weakness on their whole team other than Kicker. The secondary is young but talented enough to continue scoring from the defense. It’s easy to adjust when the OL/ WRs/ and RBs are all five stars.

It was very revealing last year when TF Nagee Harris played the whole 4th quarter of the CFPCG. Bama doesn’t have to adjust their playbook when a player isn’t performing. They don’t have to scheme around weak OL’s, or ineffective receiver play. They just yell next man up. To their credit, they worked for their premium/ elite/ “would die for” depth chart, but it’s not like the coaches are winning chess matches out there. 

Very true aujeff. 

I watched parts of that game Saturday night, and it looks like those players are challenged to compete against each other more so than against their opponent.  They push and drive each other to the limit on a ton of plays & snaps.  They're striving to out perform and out execute their own fellow teammates.  It's weird because they'll turn right around and congratulate & praise a guy who makes a dynamic play - but then they turn right back around on the next snap and smack talk the same teammate right next to 'em.

23 hours ago, Barnacle said:

I hear you. I guess what makes me so impressed with them is their consistency. Maybe their talent masks their mistakes, but they are always a well coached, well disciplined team. Certainly, their talent is an obvious advantage. 

They rarely get called for even obvious penalties. It's hard to tell how disciplined they really are. Having that kind of talent also leads to having plays that work because the players have the capabilities to get it done and bammer makes sure to have a favorable schedule. That's not to say there's not good coaching. There is. But talented coaches everywhere could do what saban does with the same gifts he is given by the REC. He is not a miracle working coaching deity. As he was building this empire his record was far from perfect. If he was that great he should've been able to be this overpowering with what he had then. When other teams of equal talent face him he often loses. His goal to be on top has always been fed by his enormous ego and his willingness to cheat.

They buy recruits and the SEC officials have been protecting them from losing any chance they get.

They haven't played "world beater" type teams, or impressive defensive teams for that matter, and Tua is way overhyped. The Turds just haven't had a consistent passer in a long time. Louisville is utter trash this year, Arkansas State is bad even for their standards, and Ole Miss allowed 41 points to Southern Illinois... 

In fact, they don't play a real defense until week 9 against LSU and honestly we should have put up 40 on LSU if we play to our potential.

TAMU will be their first real test and Jimbo just isn't ready for that barbeque yet. So then we'll wait for LSU which is a team that matches up against Alabama terribly. Miss State is too one dimensional to touch them. Once again, it's our job to beat them or no one, barring a meltdown, will.

Who are the "world beater" type teams right today?  Who were the "world beater" type teams last year or year before last or the year before that?

I would say to just remember what kind of teams they have played so far, but LSU and us are the only 2 real defenses they have to play and they get us at home. They still have Ark/TN/Mizzou along with LALA and Citadel. $10 we roast Ark and TN just as bad. Its a great offense and the only way to beat it is to make Tua pay for some of his wild throws. When he gets under pressure - he is not going to just throw the ball away. Their O-line isnt the greatest either and have left him under pressure. Juedy (or however it is spelled) has bailed Tua's tail out a number of times.

1 hour ago, AUcivE09 said:

I would say to just remember what kind of teams they have played so far, but LSU and us are the only 2 real defenses they have to play and they get us at home. They still have Ark/TN/Mizzou along with LALA and Citadel. $10 we roast Ark and TN just as bad. Its a great offense and the only way to beat it is to make Tua pay for some of his wild throws. When he gets under pressure - he is not going to just throw the ball away. Their O-line isnt the greatest either and have left him under pressure. Juedy (or however it is spelled) has bailed Tua's tail out a number of times.

I hear you, but they returned nearly their entire offense from last year.  And the starters right now are the freshmen we saw getting the majority of the PT in the 2nd half of the NC game.  

Tua looks slippery and can run to get out of pressure situations to get a couple of yards on his own.  He's not the runner Hurts is, but his passing ability makes up for his limited running.

The o-line is alright, and oline's usually get better as a season progresses, but they are not top notch.  Their TE's block well and there's one TE that they go to often,  he makes the needed catches/yardage, the 2-3 RBs get a good rotation to keep fresh legs through the game.   But I only saw bits and pieces of the OM game, none of the Louisville game because I was drunk in ATL celebrating the Washington win.

On 9/17/2018 at 10:26 AM, AUsince72 said:

I'm sorry but in today's world of parity and scholarship limitations it's obvious that there's massive amounts of cheating going on there.  I mean, it would be one thing if Notre Dame or tOSU or USCw, etc were SOMEWHAT comparable but for a team in the crap-hole of Tuscaloosa, AL to be practically a NFL team?  C'MON!

There is nothing impressive about cheating and now it's compounded as apparently saban was willing to spread the Emmert dirt to Kirby... really? It's coincidence that "suddenly" thUga can recruit with bammer?

Even some people on this board seem to drink the kool-aid act as if in awe of greatness.  It's just not fair when the Horseracing Federation allows one guy to use a Ford Raptor Truck instead...

Sorry but the subject of uat getting away with this just chaps my otherwise reasonable hyde.

Then the real issue is that more teams aren’t cheating as hard 

UGA gets it, Idk why fans of other teams believe they gain something “playing the game the right way”. 

On 9/17/2018 at 7:27 PM, aubaseball said:

I’m not saying they don’t cheat, or for that matter,  we don’t cheat.   What I’m saying is why is it that other teams don’t put the same focus as Saban?  It’s proven that it can work.   He is not scared to run off individuals that are a cancer and don’t buy in to the process.   He is also not afraid to go out and hire coaches  that no one else will touch.   There are currently plenty out there that could help us, but I believe the fan base at auburn would not allow it.   Example ( Briles).  He doesn’t have to be an on the field coach, saban has butch jones sitting in, giving input.  

It’s a pro but it’s a con: Alabama’s fanbase simply doesn’t care as long as it results in a W. There are no standards you have to push and you don’t have to beg to do anything at Alabama. I don’t think Gus is great but the man’s decisions have been micro managed and out right despised by the Board and fanbase alike for years. Now even with more freedom I doubt he’d do THAT well, but that level of systematic derision has factored in several mistakes Auburn has made this decade IMO. 

For someone like me who just wants to stop having embarrassing losses and falling short every season, I rather we start pushing the envelope, I just don’t know how much more it’d take to employ an Art Briles. That’s a huge risk huge reward type of thing 

On 9/18/2018 at 1:09 PM, Zeek said:

They buy recruits and the SEC officials have been protecting them from losing any chance they get.

They haven't played "world beater" type teams, or impressive defensive teams for that matter, and Tua is way overhyped. The Turds just haven't had a consistent passer in a long time. Louisville is utter trash this year, Arkansas State is bad even for their standards, and Ole Miss allowed 41 points to Southern Illinois... 

In fact, they don't play a real defense until week 9 against LSU and honestly we should have put up 40 on LSU if we play to our potential.

TAMU will be their first real test and Jimbo just isn't ready for that barbeque yet. So then we'll wait for LSU which is a team that matches up against Alabama terribly. Miss State is too one dimensional to touch them. Once again, it's our job to beat them or no one, barring a meltdown, will.

Based on the way our secondary has performed and the way the pass rush got neutralized simply by adding more meat to the box, it’s gonna be a long season if we gotta be called upon to stop em 

27 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

UGA gets it, Idk why fans of other teams believe they gain something “playing the game the right way”. 

No, the issue is that they can't.  Everybody cheats, we know that.  But everybody else has to look over their shoulder and keep it in check to an extent.

Nick & Emmert go WAY back to both MSU & LSU.  Emmert's even been implicated as being possibly complicent in the pervert Dr garbage at MSU.

Nick has major dirt on that guy from BOTH institutions (there's been plenty stories over the years but for some reason people choose to ignore/forget them) so not only is he looking the other way when it comes to the bammer machine but he probably even forced to assist.

And now that Nick is happy with his legacy and wants loyal Bowlcut to be his first major desciple he's evidently given him the dirt to hold over Emmert as well.

Once Emmert is gone, I fully believe bammer and thUga will either A: have to reel their machines in, thus evening things back out or B: stay greedy and finally get investigated.

And no, I don't have links and proof but there's been plenty of those links and stories shared on this very board over the years.

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Ehh, cheating to acquire talent is one thing, there's still a wide gap in the coaching pedigree department that would have to be addressed.  

We have a thoroughbred level, a quarter-horse level, and due to recent events a couple of coaches I could've sworn were dumbass donkey's (Orgeron/Ensminger) I view in a different light today.?

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Did you miss what just happened to Ole Miss?  And why the NCAA went after them for doing what bammer has done for over 50 years? 

On 9/17/2018 at 10:26 AM, AUsince72 said:

I'm sorry but in today's world of parity and scholarship limitations it's obvious that there's massive amounts of cheating going on there.  I mean, it would be one thing if Notre Dame or tOSU or USCw, etc were SOMEWHAT comparable but for a team in the crap-hole of Tuscaloosa, AL to be practically a NFL team?  C'MON!

There is nothing impressive about cheating and now it's compounded as apparently saban was willing to spread the Emmert dirt to Kirby... really? It's coincidence that "suddenly" thUga can recruit with bammer?

Even some people on this board seem to drink the kool-aid act as if in awe of greatness.  It's just not fair when the Horseracing Federation allows one guy to use a Ford Raptor Truck instead...

Sorry but the subject of uat getting away with this just chaps my otherwise reasonable hyde.

Agree, but what can one do about it?

On 9/17/2018 at 12:57 PM, Barnacle said:

Maybe their talent masks their mistakes

It definitely does. Let Nick coach another team, any other team and see what happens. This has been proven if you look at history. 

On 9/17/2018 at 9:36 PM, keesler said:

Saban wanted to bring in Hugh Freeze, probably still does and Sankey nixed that.  I’d have to think Sankey nixed Gus bringing in  either of the Briles too. 

For all the accusations of NS being a dicktator, he somehow welcomes various viewpoints, opinions, ideas, and brings in a diverse crew of coaches from all over the place.  Who’d have ever thought Butch Jones would agree to be a part of that outfit? Or Steve Sarkisian, Lane Kiffin?

He only welcomes them up to a certain point.....if they have something he wants.

On 9/17/2018 at 9:45 PM, aujeff11 said:

Lots of $$$

29 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Agree, but what can one do about it?

Just bitch and moan.  HAHA!!!  That's all I can do for sure.

I've contended for a couple years now that when Emmert steps down, saban will announce his retirement shortly thereafter.

3 hours ago, keesler said:

Ehh, cheating to acquire talent is one thing, there's still a wide gap in the coaching pedigree department that would have to be addressed.  

We have a thoroughbred level, a quarter-horse level, and due to recent events a couple of coaches I could've sworn were dumbass donkey's (Orgeron/Ensminger) I view in a different light today.?

Just curious, do you think Nick could coach this AU team to a championship? Anyone feel free to chime in.

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Just bitch and moan.  HAHA!!!  That's all I can do for sure.

I've contended for a couple years now that when Emmert steps down, saban will announce his retirement shortly thereafter.

One can hope. 

Archived