Texas A&M postgame thread

tbone1430

This marks the first time this season we’ve had a 100 yard receiver. Good work Slayton.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

This marks the first time this season we’ve had a 100 yard receiver. Good work Slayton.

a 100 yard WR from us is as rare as the detroit lions having a 100 yard rusher before kerryon! lol

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

a 100 yard WR from us is as rare as the detroit lions having a 100 yard rusher before kerryon! lol

Yup lol. Sad considering Seth could have been a freshman 1,000 yard receiver.

Hell Schwartz should get 100 yards off of two deep balls per game!

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

For a Qb Draw by Stidham?😁

seriously though I just got home and couldn’t be prouder of this team.  Say what you will about the first 3.5 qtrs.  It was ugly,  the play calling was lazy, special teams made some incredibly bone headed plays, the defense kept giving up the same screen pass on 3rd and long to their Rb buttttttt this team had more guts than Jimbos boys.  More guts and pride than our fans for sure.  To all the people that gave up on this team with 8 minutes to go I hope you are kicking yourself now for missing that finish.  The fans that did stick around got behind the team and it was a great atmosphere.  Great to beat Jimbo too

My daughter and I stayed till the end... never intended not to... incredible win..  and still a real good crowd at the end really and got loud for em!

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Yup lol. Sad considering Seth could have been a freshman 1,000 yard receiver.

Hell Schwartz should get 100 yards off of two deep balls per game!

1k yard wr?!?! never heard of her! lol

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

1k yard wr?!?! never heard of her! lol

Didn’t know if I should laugh or cry lol

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Didn’t know if I should laugh or cry lol

Lets try out both and see which one we like best! haha. We have had 2 one thousand yard WRs in our WHOLE EFFIN PROGRAM HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol. As a lover of the forward pass Auburn is honestly the worst possible team I could of been raised to cheer for by my family!!! hahaha. 

8 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

If you follow the various discussions here you will find 100+ reasons why the fans have jumped off the Gus Bus. Obviously we are glad he has not lost the team.

Sorry don't spend every waking hour here and I got other things going on in my life. Must of missed those discussions.

Probably a few too many Old Fashions also haha.

10 hours ago, AUDevil said:

I heard that Coach Freeze phoned in the plays the last 5 minutes from his temporary office at Haley.

He wont be allowed to have a phone if he comes to Auburn, lol.

Look I’m happy for the team and I hope they go to uga and uat and beat them too. Most of the complaints are aimed at at Gus and rightly so. Gus can coach and he can recruit but for six straight years it’s took him till game four or five to get his team up to par. At 7 million a year that is not acceptable. His job is to have them ready for game 1 . If he wants to screw off all spring and summer then he needs to find a different job. I’m not sure he is safe yet a lot depends on the way they play the next three games and maybe even the bowl game. If he does make it AG needs to tell him starting next season if his team ain’t ready game 1 or 2 or 3 all, that he will walk out on the field mid game on national tv and Fire his butt right there. I would also tell him if he makes it thru the season, that if he loses another stupid bowl game I would also fire him on the field in front of the cameras. Time to quit clowning around and do what he is paid well to do.

21 hours ago, jAUSon said:

It couldn't have been a better day weather-wise at Auburn. A perfect face-value, toss-up football game. Season was not in the balance. I can see why the tv viewer could take this win and still be down and out. And saw why the folks at the stadium loved it. It was one of those games. Honestly a relief: we're either on-edge making a run at the SEC, or in the dumps. This was a 'tweener. I loved it.

I'd be interested in your take on the fans who left early. On TV it was pretty obvious that a few thousand had already cashed out before the comeback started.

Id also love to hear any stories or anecdotes that anyone out there has heard about/from the early decision fans...i.e...trying to scramble back into the stadium or listening to the comeback on the radio.

On 11/3/2018 at 3:00 PM, AU64 said:

Yep...and a heart breaker for Jimbo......LOVE IT     😀

Yea undoubtedly Jimbo read Gus’s book, “How to loose when you are ahead by playing not to loose.” 😁

1 minute ago, Auskip said:

I'd be interested in your take on the fans who left early. On TV it was pretty obvious that a few thousand had already cashed out before the comeback started.

Id also love to hear any stories or anecdotes that anyone out there has heard about/from the early decision fans...i.e...trying to scramble back into the stadium or listening to the comeback on the radio.

Were you at the game? 

13 minutes ago, Auskip said:

I was at the game and never considered leaving early. There were some that left early but the vast majority stayed and were very loud at the end when a&m was on offense. I was very excited for the players! It was pretty funny when they decided to have  another play  and they had to go get several of the players out of the student section where they were celebrating!!

1 hour ago, wde21 said:

I was at the game and never considered leaving early. There were some that left early but the vast majority stayed and were very loud at the end when a&m was on offense. I was very excited for the players! It was pretty funny when they decided to have  another play  and they had to go get several of the players out of the student section where they were celebrating!!

^^^ This.... few thousand left and started streaming out when we started going backwards in the 4th quarter... but most everybody stayed and yea it got really loud every time they had the ball at the end...

I didn't notice anybody coming back... they were mostly gone by the time we actually started making the comeback...probably never thought we could score once.. much less twice in that short a time period...

guy's adult kids next to me left early and he said he was gonna rag them about it later... my daughters friends who go to AU had left early and were at the Olive Garden and my daughter was giving them a play by play by text of what was going on... they couldn't believe it... lol

and It was funny getting the guy's back on the field.... we had to beat em twice... lol

and may I ad that I saw an article online that mentioned fans booing the team early in the game...

I never heard fans booing a player or the team BUT... we ALL booed the Refs a LOT... some of the worst calls I have ever seen...

that Pass interference called on us that led directly to one of their TDs where the db NEVER touched the receiver and the ball may have been uncatchable ... we booed and then they showed the replay and the stadium erupted... amazingly bad call... it was so bad we were laughing and booing...

1 hour ago, JGLEATON said:

that Pass interference called on us that led directly to one of their TDs where the db NEVER touched the receiver and the ball may have been uncatchable ... we booed and then they showed the replay and the stadium erupted... amazingly bad call... it was so bad we were laughing and booing...

Egregious. I thought the LSU game was the worst game I had seen by officials ever. This one beat it by a mile. That PI - dude was never touched and the ball was out of bounds. Then they scored on the next play and the RB did not cross the goal line. Then there was the makeup call where they tried to give us a TD on a pass. Thankfully we scored the next play. 

12 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Egregious. I thought the LSU game was the worst game I had seen by officials ever. This one beat it by a mile. That PI - dude was never touched and the ball was out of bounds. Then they scored on the next play and the RB did not cross the goal line. Then there was the makeup call where they tried to give us a TD on a pass. Thankfully we scored the next play. 

Yea... he STILL hasn't crossed the goal line...

On 11/3/2018 at 2:52 PM, GwillMac6 said:

Yah it is not happening NOW. This is the game he could not afford to lose. All the people who despise Malzahn? It is just that. THE COACH. Not the players. The players are great. This is not their fault. There is a huge difference. I have not seen 1 Malzahn hater like myself bash the kids.  Now we just kicked the can down the road till next season where there is nowhere to hide anymore when we lose a lot of talent and he has nowhere to hide. I was excited to rip the band aid off this year and get it over with. But that is not happening anymore. War Damn always. But frick Malzahn.

Plenty of Malzahn haters bashing Stidham but no other player that I can recall. I'm not sure any defensive players have been singled out for  significant criticism since Holland

8 hours ago, autan said:

Plenty of Malzahn haters bashing Stidham but no other player that I can recall. I'm not sure any defensive players have been singled out for  significant criticism since Holland

Not sure if it's Malzahn haters or supporters...…but whichever, I think that kinda comes with the QB job.  

People hate a QB or love him but about every fan has an opinion on the QB who is usually  the most visible player on a team.   General fans probably don't know many other players except perhaps a good RB,  so don't have much to say about them I guess.    A young man has to have a thick skin to play QB at a big school..   What probably has frustrated fans (well me in particular) has been our tendency to build up our QBs before they earn the accolades.     

As for booing of JS.....you haven't got enough fingers on both hands to count the number of AU quarterbacks who have been booed by Auburn fans over the years.....it goes way back.     It's not a nice thing to experience...but it's nothing new either.  JMO    JS is handling it just fine and does not seem to let it affect him .  

JS looked some better Saturday. No one with any truth cannot say JS has not regressed from last year. I’m not sure the reason and I am sure it’s not all on him, but his play is definitely not up to par last year. That is not speaking rude of JS just speaking to the actual truth on the field. You can look at the stats they back it up. Hopeful Saturday will give him a good feeling going forward and get him back on track. Sometimes you just need one good performance to give you your confidence back.

Archived