Snowflake network Fox News won't book George Soros

TitanTiger

Fox News talks about billionaire philanthropist George Soros a lot. He is a favorite bogeyman of the right, so Fox's conservative talk shows blame him for all sorts of ills, sometimes even pushing into conspiracy theory territory.

But the head of Soros's philanthropic group said the conservative network won't let him on air to rebut the wild accusations.

Patrick Gaspard, president of Soros's Open Society Foundations, told CNN's Brian Stelter on "Reliable Sources" Sunday that Fox News producers "refuse to have us on."

Fox News did not respond to CNN Business' request for comment about Gaspard's claim...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/04/media/george-soros-patrick-gaspard-fox-news/index.html

On 11/4/2018 at 4:21 PM, TitanTiger said:

Patrick Gaspard, president of Soros's Open Society Foundations, told CNN's Brian Stelter on "Reliable Sources" Sunday that Fox News producers "refuse to have us on."

By not extending an invitation? Well geeshe if that's the standard for mockery then I suppose Fox is not the only network with blood on its hands!

21 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

By not extending an invitation? Well geeshe if that's the standard for mockery then I suppose Fox is not the only network with blood on its hands!

I think it's more of an basic dishonesty on Fox's part as well as journalistically wrong.  If you're going to go after the man, at least extend the courtesy for him to rebut in his own words.  If Soros refuses the invitation, then fine.  But he should be given the chance. 

22 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Where exactly did you see it put that way?  He didn't say "didn't extend an invitation", he said "won't let him on air" and "refuse to have us on."

36 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Where exactly did you see it put that way?  He didn't say "didn't extend an invitation", he said "won't let him on air" and "refuse to have us on."

I'd call Nola a good "spinner" except spinning doesn't include making things up or deliberately omitting critical information. 

There's another word for that.

37 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I think it's more of an basic dishonesty on Fox's part as well as journalistically wrong.  If you're going to go after the man, at least extend the courtesy for him to rebut in his own words.  If Soros refuses the invitation, then fine.  But he should be given the chance. 

There's the word I was referring to. ;)

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Is that not essentially the same thing? He certainly doesn’t have a right to go on air, does he?

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Is that the unwritten rule? IMO, it’s commonplace for news outlets to go after figures without subsequently inviting them to appear on air.

58 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I'd call Nola a good "spinner" except spinning doesn't include making things up or deliberately omitting critical information. 

There's another word for that.

That’s not a spin. For the man to appear on air, he would have to be invited, wouldn’t he? Clearly, no invitation has been sent, has it?

1 minute ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Is that the unwritten rule? IMO, it’s commonplace for news outlets to go after figures without subsequently inviting them to appear on air.

Yeah, it's a pretty understood rule in a journalistic setting.  You always reach out to allow someone to speak on their own behalf.  Usually, those people decline to speak, but the offer needs to be there.

3 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

That’s not a spin. For the man to appear on air, he would have to be invited, wouldn’t he? Clearly, no invitation has been sent, has it?

The point was that a reputable network that spent as much effort trashing an individual as Fox does Soros would naturally extend him an invitation to defend himself.

That's doubly true if Soros requested a chance to defend himself.

Fox is obviously only interested in pushing their own story (propaganda).

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Yeah, it's a pretty understood rule in a journalistic setting.  You always reach out to allow someone to speak on their own behalf.  Usually, those people decline to speak, but the offer needs to be there.

Again, if that’s the rule (or if it’s preferable), Fox isn’t the only one with blood on its hands. LOL 

I think it’s commonplace.

17 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Is that not essentially the same thing? He certainly doesn’t have a right to go on air, does he?

Exactly.

8 minutes ago, homersapien said:

The point was that a reputable network that spent as much effort trashing an individual as Fox does Soros would naturally extend him an invitation to defend himself.

That's doubly true if Soros requested a chance to defend himself.

Fox is obviously only interested in pushing their own story (propaganda).

Yes, I understand that. There must not be many reputable networks out there. This is exactly what I’m getting at. Let’s not act like this is some rare tactic.

Imagine that this thread is directed at MSNBC and then filter through my comments accordingly. It will help temper your reactions.

Still laughing at the inference that Fox = snowflake. :no:  That would be like the ultimate oxymoron aye?

But never fear Titan, if history is an indicator, and it is, the left will win back some power tonight. So sleep well bro.

But if all else fails, call me. I can find you a safe space. :lol:

3 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Both Tucker Carlson and Hannity have said Soros has been invited and won't even respond.

Someone's lying and Hannity doesn't engender much trust.

41 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Still laughing at the inference that Fox = snowflake. :no:  That would be like the ultimate oxymoron aye?

But never fear Titan, if history is an indicator, and it is, the left will win back some power tonight. So sleep well bro.

But if all else fails, call me. I can find you a safe space. :lol:

I see ignorance was on sale this week and you stocked up.

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I see ignorance was on sale this week and you stocked up.

Yeah, apparently it was on sale. Nice spend. ;)

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Your comebacks need work.

LOL. Your thread titles need work. 

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Well, sometimes the shoe fits.

Indeed it does.

Archived