Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

Auburn folk of all people should take the Josh Moons of the world with huge grains of salt. (Moon bops back & forth between being a mediocre political & mediocre sports reporter). Use a skeptical filter, some of the "top sports media sources" ran with the Cam non-story - to our detriment. This could be true in whole or part but we live among media that historically, frequently & gleefully stokes this kind of "auburn is out of control" narrative. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, accepting this is a classic CGM beta-male move. Did they freeze the assistant revenue, to ensure there's not a turnaround with a big hire? Means Auburn wants him out bad enough to eat it's self, lol.

2 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

The school pres is telling the head coach and putting in his contract the O coordinator must stay, and must have complete control of the offense? We have to be the laughingstock of the NCAA!

I hate to say it but where is our AD? Lol 

1 minute ago, atl-tiger said:

I googled it and Urban Dictionary and it said it was a fat woman that plays too much PlayStation or Xbox :-\

Me tooooo! 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

This crap doesn’t even make sense. I guess financially it makes sense for Auburn by why would either party want to stay in this mess?

No sense at all. NONE. Nobody at AU wants him here, I'm sure Gus and his wife are so tired of this constant back and forth. This is like Tuberville's last season, yeah you could theoretically give him more time but both sides are so burnt out of each other that it's just time to move on.

7 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

So this SOB is going to get away with the absolute trash season without even having to sacrifice a staff member?! Ladies and Gents, we are losers here at Auburn. Might as well just accept it. 

Why sacrifice an offensive coach if it's not their fault?  From everything our insiders are telling us, Gus controls who we recruit, what players play, and all of our game plan on O.  Would love to see what could happen if he just let his coaches coach.

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

So this SOB is going to get away with the absolute trash season without even having to sacrifice a staff member?! Ladies and Gents, we are losers here at Auburn. Might as well just accept it. 

Don't know if this is sad or sad that it is somewhat true. So next year looks to be just a continuation of this year and I couldn't be less excited now. Wow.

4feff1c5102dd7c309b7c93c2dc6b6bb7b5d401fr1-500-500_00.gif

56 pages in less than 24 hours! Hell yeah! This has to be a record! Also, unfortunately, it probably means we aren't getting a recruit we want, we just don't know which one, lol

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

He's a dud. Can't even do the basics of the job. I'm done with this group of losers running Auburn  

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Exactly. I mentioned earlier why the **** does Auburn even employ an AD if Harbert is doing the negotiating with Gus. 

2 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Cause today it will cost 32 million or more with assets included. I’m thinking  nobody wanted to write that check.

Money is not the object . That has already been taken care of. This is all about Leath saving face. Either Gus takes a no win situation and leaves next year for a lot less money or he faces the music now. Leath is betting that Gus will take some other job with a trade off of less buyout .

**** Leath. He effectively just put us on probation. This is going to bite us BIG TIME in 3-4 years and our inevitable next coach is going to have to deal with it. Unbelievable.

Sorry I’m just not buying all of this. The latest news sounds like a major smoke screen to cover up the leaked info that came out yesterday until it’s finalized. There is no way any university or AD would allow that type of turmoil to where the HC basically has no authority over the assistants.  

Essentially, we are forcing Malzahn and company to find a new home. The fans don't want him here, the administration doesn't want him here. If this works out like I see it, Sexton pushes him to another school, and we go after someone else. Who that will be is the $49MM question. 

What if Malzahn has another offer somewhere else but his buyout was too much for the other school to pay, so he's having to renegotiate so he can leave Auburn without being fired? And yes, I'm just looking for any kind of positive, atm.

1 minute ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Exactly. I mentioned earlier why the **** does Auburn even employ an AD if Harbert is doing the negotiating with Gus. 

You have an AD in an absolutely no win situation for him.  The President of the University has every reason to want to keep Gus, since he's the one who negotiated this thing.  He can also override any decision Green makes.  Green didn't make this hire or give out the extension and really holds little to no leverage here.  Best thing he can do is stay on the good side of the boosters so that when it's officially time to get a new coach, he will have full autonomy and the backing of power folks.

12 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Or it means that the Stoops rumors were accurate but they couldn't come to an agreement on numbers or other stipulations with him.

Or the end of 2019 season an agreement is reached.

28 minutes ago, shabby said:

Stoops denial seems very definite. Others seem to think that he didn't totally close the door to it or that this is just part of the process. I hope those people are correct. I however am very doubtful of that. It is strange though that it has been so quiet. At the very least I would have expected some news on position coaches and coordinators but... nothing. something is up. Real considerations are occurring in regards to Malzahn;'s future. I want him gone. period. I would love for it to be Stoops to step in. I'm just not getting my hopes up. On a side note, where is the notion that DABO could come to Auburn coming from. Is it all a joke?

Dabo took a strike at the Clemson fan base because he felt they weren't appreciative for an undefeated 12-0 regular season heading into their 3rd season in the CFP.  Apparently they wanted to kick USCs arse a whole lot worse and they complained and he got wind of it. 

Soooooo as rumor would have it, some folks on here thought Dabo would toss caution to the wind, leave what he has ultimately built into a annual NC contender and take off back to Alabama to take over this circus down here in Auburn.  Where he'd no doubt be loved, accepted, and praised from an Auburn fan base that we all know stands behind their HC through thick 'n thin.

:drippingsarcasm7pa:

Archived