Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Insiders on this board and others.  Sorry, should have worded that better.

Ah those “ reports “. Those are easy to follow. Good offensive performance = Chip. Bad performance = Gus meddling. Smh. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ryan Sanders said:

I agree here. Greene didn't hire almost ALL of the coaches/staff on the athletic department. Are you guys now trying to say that he should have no say for all of them? Just because HE didn't hire them?

That's crazy talk.

No.  We're saying he's being overridden by the President.  Look at this way.  I'm the manager of a department who wants to hire person A for an open position.  The executive above me, who has the final sign off, decides that person is not the right one for the gig.  Am I supposed to tell my boss to go F himself and hire person A anyway?

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Go to grammar school bud. 

I’m texting on my phone dude. I probably have a lot more education and certainly a higher I Q than you do. So maybe you should go to school and catch up.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Apparently WDE is tbe gospel around these here parts.

WDE said earlier today that if Gus stays, any staff changes would likely surprise, including CL staying.  Looking like he may right on the head with BM's latest update.

Just now, VAtiger12 said:

Yeah I haven't agreed with a lot of the stuff said here all day but I do with this. If Greene is "just staying out of it" because Malzahn wasn't his hire or this wasn't his bed than he was a poor choice for an AD. It's a leadership role. Be a leader. 

And whatever happens going forward is Green's responsibility.....he can't help what he inherited but it's his job now and no ducking whatever choices have to be made...been there and done that.....

Auburn fans: "We have two terrible options, keep Gus because of buyout and pay for all new offensive staff -OR- pay an unprecedented buyout to get rid of him and take our chances with someone new. Things couldn't get any worse."

Leath: "Hold my beer."

2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Remember AG works for Leath. For te present I would rather AG not get fired. Like I said I think if it was his option he would fire Gus because he is savvy enough to understand keeping him will cost us mornin the long run.

It is his option. And if Leath has done anything to make him think it isn't his option, then he needs to man up and walk. What good is it to have a Director of Athletics if that guy cant have the coaches he wants? 

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I probably have a lot more education and certainly a higher I Q than you do.

Is that so mensa man? 

2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

So maybe you should go to school and catch up.

Or maybe you could just double check your sh*t.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

And whatever happens going forward is Green's responsibility.....he can't help what he inherited but it's his job now and no ducking whatever choices have to be made...been there and done that.....

Nobody said he is ducking. He works for Leath and Leath wants to handle this himself. What would you like Greene to do? Resign?

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

WDE said earlier today that if Gus stays, any staff changes would likely surprise, including CL staying.  Looking like he may right on the head with BM's latest update.

WDE says a lot..and that’s not all he said.

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

It is his option. And if Leath has done anything to make him think it isn't his option, then he needs to man up and walk. What good is it to have a Director of Athletics if that guy cant have the coaches he wants? 

That's not how any business in America works.  Managers are over-ruled by higher ups all the freaking time.  It happens.

Nobody said he is ducking. He works for Leath and Leath wants to handle this himself. What would you like Greene to do? Resign?

Do you agree that either Greene is not doing his job or the school president is not letting Greene do his job, so one of the two need to go?

If this bs is true, I'm fn done. This is the absolute stupidest thing I've ever heard. Keep a lousy coach and lousy assistants so it will be easier to fire them next year? This cannot be serious. That would set AU football back at least a decade.

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

No.  We're saying he's being overridden by the President.  Look at this way.  I'm the manager of a department who wants to hire person A for an open position.  The executive above me, who has the final sign off, decides that person is not the right one for the gig.  Am I supposed to tell my boss to go F himself and hire person A anyway?

If one of the most important responsibilities of your job is to find people and get rid of them and the first time you need to get rid of someone, the CEO of the company (who has no business doing anything outside of strategizing business  goals)goes over your head to keep that person, then you have a very toxic company wide problem. 

Dear Iowa State University,

We're sorry.  We won't take any more things from you ever.  Please remove the gypsy curse from us and we will never bother you again.

Signed,

Auburn

The most oft repeated phrase of we poor AU fans, just ahead of “we’re young this year” is . . .  “Next year we’ll get it together “!

IF what you say is true - this even more shows Leath's lack of leadership. You don't hire people you can't trust to do their job. If you feel like you need to take control of that situation, then you've done a poor job of hiring them. 

And then, that is IF these reports are accurate. All of this information is filled with big "IFs." 

The problem however, is that even if it is all lies, the damage is being done. They have done nothing yet to calm the storm. So obviously something is going on, but the latest report from PM really takes the cake. 

I'm lost on what to believe at this point.

3 minutes ago, chimes said:

Man I can’t keep up with this freaking thread. Do any of y’all work? 😂What’s going on with leath now?

Went on vacation today, put Harbert in charge. Checking out the Smithsonian. 

7 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

That's not how any business in America works.  Managers are over-ruled by higher ups all the freaking time.  It happens.

Not on hiring middle Management on a corporate level. Not at all. I work for a massive corporation. Our CEO likely doesn't know who I am or my boss and has no knowledge that I was even hired. Leath is a CEO of a massive business operation. It's not his job to handle coaching contracts. It's his job to strategize for the University and delegate responsibilities responsibly.

Archived