Music City Bowl vs. Purdue

tigerbrotha12

2 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Nashville is worth at least one night downtown. 🍺🎼🎸🎻

Yes, you are right. Just have to talk my wife into it. Maybe tell her we could go to the Opry Mills Mall on Saturday if we stay the night. This would probably cost me more than the tickets to the game.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Nashville is worth at least one night downtown. 🍺🎼🎸🎻

Midtown Nashville > Downtown Nashville

I've seen Moore firsthand.  This kids is electric... a genuine threat to score every-single-time he touches the ball.

And boy does he touch the ball.  I'm pretty sure he's scored TDs on the ground, thru the air, and on special teams (although that last one I might be mistaken).  Point is, he's got killer speed and Purdue will get him touches all over the field. Would not at all be surprised to see him in the Heisman discussion if he stays 4 years at Purdue...which I hope he doesn't!

Nashville's a 5 hour drive for us coming down from Indianapolis, so we are actively discussing the trip.  The ONE thing that keeps gnawing at the back of my mind, though, is the probability of a repeat from last year's bowl debacle.  I hate to even let that though enter my mind but let's face it, after the effort we saw vs UCF last year and coming off another disappointing regular season finale....

Finally, this Tyler Trent kid is from the suburb I live in here in Indy.  What a kid and what a story.  From the get-go Purdue has welcomed him into their locker room and he really has become a huge part of their team this season. Hell, Indiana made him THEIR honorary team captain before the IU/Purdue showdown in Bloomington two weekends ago.

15 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

If Auburn wins, Gus will have his 3rd 8-5 bowl record in 6 years. However, if Auburn loses, Gus will have his 2nd 7-6 record in his 6 years as Auburn's head coach.

Another little tidbit from The Auburn Plainsman: 

"Malzahn is 1-4 in bowl games as Auburn's head coach. If he falls to 1-5, it would be the worst six-game stretch in program history. "

So there's some additional motivation for Gus to have the Tigers ready to play to win.

23 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Another little tidbit from The Auburn Plainsman: 

"Malzahn is 1-4 in bowl games as Auburn's head coach. If he falls to 1-5, it would be the worst six-game stretch in program history. "

So there's some additional motivation for Gus to have the Tigers ready to play to win.

If he loses the fire Gus talk will be started all over again.

11 hours ago, Indy said:

I've seen Moore firsthand.  This kids is electric... a genuine threat to score every-single-time he touches the ball.

And boy does he touch the ball.  I'm pretty sure he's scored TDs on the ground, thru the air, and on special teams (although that last one I might be mistaken).  Point is, he's got killer speed and Purdue will get him touches all over the field. Would not at all be surprised to see him in the Heisman discussion if he stays 4 years at Purdue...which I hope he doesn't!

Nashville's a 5 hour drive for us coming down from Indianapolis, so we are actively discussing the trip.  The ONE thing that keeps gnawing at the back of my mind, though, is the probability of a repeat from last year's bowl debacle.  I hate to even let that though enter my mind but let's face it, after the effort we saw vs UCF last year and coming off another disappointing regular season finale....

Finally, this Tyler Trent kid is from the suburb I live in here in Indy.  What a kid and what a story.  From the get-go Purdue has welcomed him into their locker room and he really has become a huge part of their team this season. Hell, Indiana made him THEIR honorary team captain before the IU/Purdue showdown in Bloomington two weekends ago.

There are only two reasons to go to a minor bowl game.

1)  It's close to you, or

2)  It's being played in a cool city.

If the outcome of the game enters your mind at any point in planning and would be the deciding factor in going or not, you're doing it wrong.

Man, I'd love to go this year. Sis-in-law just moved to Nashville this weekend and I have cousins in Brentwood. Would be a fun trip all around (win or lose).

But instead we'll all be in Taos, NM (or on our way back down to El Paso, TX - I can't recall what day we leave). Bummer!

56 minutes ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

I don't think that's going to cease just to be honest with you. Gus is in a deep hole now, and I don't think that he can pull himself out of it.

Man I know this sounds bad but I don’t think I can watch the ineptitude that is Auburn anymore this season. I wish them luck but I can’t watch that offense especially after I thought we would at least have a new Offensive Coordinator. Its madness same old approach expecting different results? 

5 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Jeez, that hurts.  I'm pretty sure Gus will have the guys ready and will win this one. But to so see us as picked as an underdog to a team that historically recruits in the 50's?  That's just a damned insult.  

38 minutes ago, gravejd said:

24 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Jeez, that hurts.  I'm pretty sure Gus will have the guys ready and will win this one. But to so see us as picked as an underdog to a team that historically recruits in the 50's?  That's just a damned insult.  

At least keep this part in mind:

Full transparency: I had a bad year last year.

Seriously. I went 19-22, which included a national championship prediction of Clemson beating Oklahoma (how'd that turn out?), only one correct New Year's Six prediction (Wisconsin over Miami) and gems such as SMU over Louisiana Tech (Louisiana Tech won 51-10) and Toledo over Appalachian State (Appalachian State won 34-0). I don't even pick against the spread. Imagine the horror if I did.

:)

Purdue looks to have a pretty weak defense, which means all our typically bad play calls should work moderately well.

Auburn wins this game big.  Purdue has a terrible defense and a one sided offense.  Stidham or whoever the Qb is should have a big game.  I’m not sure how good their front 7 are but I’d imagine Auburn should be able to run against them.  This game “should” be the equivalent of playing Arkansas or Ole Miss.  Auburn’s biggest test will be stopping big passing plays.  I’m confident a rested defense will shut down Purdue’s running game.

Auburn 28- PU 13

21 hours ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

We better show up. Getting beat by Purdue will not help the disarray. 

It sure didnt help OSU's playoff chances,,,

12 hours ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

You mean it stopped, well lets get that started back up then. We need to fire Gustav ASAP and hire a real coach not some high school want to be. How's that?

8 hours ago, EagleEye67 said:

It sure didnt help OSU's playoff chances,,,

Losing by 4 touchdowns sure did not help....

Archived