2020 3* Juco OT Jonathan Buskey Decommits From AU

WarGolfEagle

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plays mean and looks like he wants to hit somebody every play.  Haven't seen that since BSmith left.  Also, they haven't done the 2020 JUCO rankings yet?  I'm guessing a lot of people are getting put off with the "NR" when seeing the commitment. 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Also FWIW He is moving to left tackle for her sophomore year.

You can call him "her" if you want....but at 6'7", 320, I'm just going to call him "Sir".

31 minutes ago, alexava said:

I didn’t think coaches could comment on recruits until they signed?

Didn't say the recruit's name so Dilly's tweet is all good.

26 minutes ago, alexava said:

He skirted this one pretty closely. I like it. 

Not really. No different than Gus saying at his ENSD presser in December he planned to sign an elite WR in February.

Only thing I worry with it is getting jinxed with it like we did with the WR who shall not be named.

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

So you don't like big, athletic OL with good feet? Interesting to know.

Not sure on the good feet part, quick feet yes.  Hopefully he develops a bunch this next season.  Was hoping for more of a developed product from the Juco ranks next year.

49 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Why meh? 

I was actually ready to be optimistic about this. Looks like exactly what we need on paper. 

After watching his film, there is no bend, balance/footwork is too tight, hand positioning is outside.   All things that can be worked on, just not sure he is gonna be a plug and play kind of guy and if he can make the next step against competition his own size/speed.   He passes the smell test, but not so much the eye test for me.  He has potential, but he is no sure thing.  If he is a competitor, which cut up game film is not enough to see, he can be a good one.

12 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

they haven't done the 2020 JUCO rankings yet?

Nobody has.

13 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

I'm guessing a lot of people are getting put off with the "NR" when seeing the commitment. 

Even though articles are saying 3*s for him I'm waiting til that shows up on his recruiting site profiles before adding a star rating to the title of the thread.

11 minutes ago, Tiger1992 said:

You can call him "her" if you want....but at 6'7", 320, I'm just going to call him "Sir".

Phone was being a witch.

6 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Not sure on the good feet part, quick feet yes.  Hopefully he develops a bunch this next season.  Was hoping for more of a developed product from the Juco ranks next year.

FWIW you are the only one I've seen connected to the program or a coach a part of the fanbase that I've seen not impressed by his footwork.

55 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

Much needed pickup, but Gus using #GusBus2020 in his tweet is cringe worthy. 

That's just some random intern tweeting from his account. Gus doesn't know how to use Twitter 

Just now, ellitor said:

FWIW you are the only one I've seen connected to the program or a coach a part of the fanbase that I've seen not impressed by his footwork.

good quick feet, I just think he needs to be wider in his stance do to his lack of bend.  A Davidson or Coe bull rushing are gonna have him in the QB's lap in a heartbeat.  I am no expert in this stuff, have spent some time the last couple years paying more attention to details of o-lineman trying to figure out what we are doing recruiting-wise.  I might be at the novice level or getting close to it!!!!

2 hours ago, auburnphan said:

good quick feet, I just think he needs to be wider in his stance do to his lack of bend.  A Davidson or Coe bull rushing are gonna have him in the QB's lap in a heartbeat.  I am no expert in this stuff, have spent some time the last couple years paying more attention to details of o-lineman trying to figure out what we are doing recruiting-wise.  I might be at the novice level or getting close to it!!!!

He's so much bigger and powerful than his competition in the videos its hard to tell what he's really got.

12 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Umm, so why is he in JUCO?  I'll be much more excited about him if it was a grade qualifying issue.  If it was a best offer deal, count me as meh.

Interesting. He went to a magnet/fine arts high school in Mobile called LeFlore. Now, how he went from there to a community college in KS, I'm not sure. But if I'm not mistaken, Coffeyville has a reputation as a D1 feeder juco. Maybe he didn't get much interest since he went to a bit of a no-name high school but thought that he could eventually play big boy ball if he went this route? (If so, he nailed it.) Or maybe since his high school had rigorous academics he did have trouble with grades. 

22 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Umm, so why is he in JUCO?  I'll be much more excited about him if it was a grade qualifying issue.  If it was a best offer deal, count me as meh.

I can't find him in the top 150 for Alabama when he was in high school. I found his Max Preps page and has ranked as #5958 nationally and #166 in Alabama, I'm not sure how accurate their rankings are though.  As @McLoofus stated my guess is he went the JuCo route in hopes of getting more attention.  I think I remember Coffeyville being mentioned in Last Chance U - Season 2.

20 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

I can't find him in the top 150 for Alabama when he was in high school. I found his Max Preps page and has ranked as #5958 nationally and #166 in Alabama, I'm not sure how accurate their rankings are though.  As @McLoofus stated my guess is he went the JuCo route in hopes of getting more attention.  I think I remember Coffeyville being mentioned in Last Chance U - Season 2.

That's where we got Chris Todd and CAP from, I think, and maybe Brandon Jacobs?

Yeah, Coffeyville beat the Mississippi School for all the Tostitos, I think? They at least played each other at some point during that show. 

EDIT: We didn't get CAP there, but I think we were there to look at somebody else when we snagged Todd. And Brandon Jacobs did go there.

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That's where we got Chris Todd and CAP from, I think, and maybe Brandon Jacobs?

Yeah, Coffeyville beat the Mississippi School for all the Tostitos, I think? They at least played each other at some point during that show. 

Garden City is the big powerhouse JUCO in Kansas and nationally, thats probably who you're thinking of.  I'm not sure where we got those former players form to be honest.

E. Miss actually never went to the championship in the show even though they only lost 1 game in those 2 seasons. They got DQed due to that huge brawl. 

1 minute ago, atl-tiger said:

Garden City is the big powerhouse JUCO in Kansas and nationally, thats probably who you're thinking of.  I'm not sure where we got those former players form to be honest.

E. Miss actually never went to the championship in the show even though they only lost 1 game in those 2 seasons. They got DQed due to that huge brawl. 

Good call on Last Chance U, thanks.

But we did get Todd and Jacobs from Coffeyville, and not CAP. I think we spotted Todd while there to look at somebody else. 

I don't know if he was recruited out of high school or not, but the guy had confidence in himself and put in the work to hopefully get an offer like he did yesterday.  Hell he moved to Kansas to pursue his dream, thats sacrifice! 

Archived