Greg Brown working on deal to leave AU

Maverick.AU

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, War Eagle777 said:

What about Joe Whitt Jr?

OK REPEAT AFTER ME if you will. NEVER. GOING. TO. HAPPEN. Unless we offer him straight up the DC job he is not going to go from being a NFL position coach to a college position coach. It is a downgrade. He loves the pro game and that will be where he stays unless he is offered a DC role or a HC job in college. 

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

OK REPEAT AFTER ME if you will. NEVER. GOING. TO. HAPPEN. Unless we offer him straight up the DC job he is not going to go from being a NFL position coach to a college position coach. It is a downgrade. He loves the pro game and that will be where he stays unless he is offered a DC role or a HC job in college. 

NEVER. GOING. TO. HAPPEN. Unless we offer him straight up the DC job he is not going to go from being a NFL position coach to a college position coach. It is a downgrade. He loves the pro game and that will be where he stays unless he is offered a DC role or HC job in college. 

1 minute ago, War Eagle777 said:

NEVER. GOING. TO. HAPPEN. Unless we offer him straight up the DC job he is not going to go from being a NFL position coach to a college position coach. It is a downgrade. He loves the pro game and that will be where he stays unless he is offered a DC role or HC job in college. 

ee er.gif

werewr.gif

I knew if Brown ever got a a chance to leave, he'd get out as fast as he could. Greg has a track record of doing the samething with other football teams he's been at before.

McGriff will get at least a 3 year gig at FSU. Auburn is likely a 1 year gig. If Gus actually survives 2019,Grimes and our 2020 OL scenario will end it. I hope McGriff comes, but understand if he sees FSU as a more secure move. 

13 minutes ago, NCTiger1982 said:

McGriff will get at least a 3 year gig at FSU. Auburn is likely a 1 year gig. If Gus actually survives 2019,Grimes and our 2020 OL scenario will end it. I hope McGriff comes, but understand if he sees FSU as a more secure move. 

FSU had a worse year then us and their O-Line was worse than ours and they really have no better players on the O-line I am not sure the FSU gig is a great gig.  At least this year we will have a veteran O-Line. I am not sure where you think FSU is more secure.

30 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

FSU had a worse year then us and their O-Line was worse than ours and they really have no better players on the O-line I am not sure the FSU gig is a great gig.  At least this year we will have a veteran O-Line. I am not sure where you think FSU is more secure.

FSU is NOT a good gig, but the new HC inherited a rebuilding mess. FSU will probably allow 3-4 more years for the HC to turn it around. Gus will be in his 8th year and unlikely to see #9 for the mess he has created on his side of the ball. This was my point. The FSU gig offers more uninterrupted years of employment than Auburn. 

1 hour ago, NCTiger1982 said:

On the other hand, McGriff had a very secure spot at AU a couple of years ago and left for OM when everyone knew the NCAA was about to drop the hammer. Hopefully he is drawn back. Solid coach and great recruiter. 

29 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

On the other hand, McGriff had a very secure spot at AU a couple of years ago and left for OM when everyone knew the NCAA was about to drop the hammer. Hopefully he is drawn back. Solid coach and great recruiter. 

Good point & hope you are spot on. 

As long as Woodson is back there,  I am not sure we need a top flight recruiter,  which is Crime Dogs strength.  We need someone who can develop those players to compliment Woodson’s prowess on the trail.  

Just now, The Plainsman said:

As long as Woodson is back there,  I am not sure we need a top flight recruiter,  which is Crime Dogs strength.  We need someone who can develop those players to compliment Woodson’s prowess on the trail.  

If we were Georgia or Bama I would agree. You can take chances on dudes like Grimes and other guys who are known as "developers". But we are not a state school. We need as many top flight recruiters we can get. See how our OL crutin the past few years. 2020 is off to a MUCH needed better start thank goodness at least. 

30 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

McGriff is a real good secondary coach. 

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

So what your saying is ??? I believe Turner Gill is still out there guys 

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Unless we offer him straight up the DC job

Wouldn't even happen then. He doesn't want to coach college ball.

26 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Wouldn't even happen then. He doesn't want to coach college ball.

Unless you really enjoy pandering to 18 year olds and their parents or guardians....coaching pro ball has huge advantages .  And pretty much any coach who can make a living in the NFL would be reluctant to come back to the cesspool that is college recruiting. 

On 2/15/2019 at 7:32 PM, bigbird said:

McGriff to AU has been trying to happen for a while. He is who I'd expect back

Wait.. don't you coach DB's?

I'm not falling for the misdirection this time!

7 hours ago, War Eagle777 said:

What about Joe Whitt Jr?

I always smile...because I first met him when he was a 2nd grader at Dean Road Elementary and I was a sophomore at AU...deciding if I wanted to teach...or not!  He was the perfect little guy...

In my personal opinion our DB’s played better under Brown than when McGriff was coaching.

I know a lot of y’all pan Coach Brown, but I can remember getting beat over the top and in one on one coverage the year McGriff was with us. 

Coach Brown may not have been the sexiest hirer, but he could coach and coach very well.

2 hours ago, JoeinPF said:

In my personal opinion our DB’s played better under Brown than when McGriff was coaching.

I know a lot of y’all pan Coach Brown, but I can remember getting beat over the top and in one on one coverage the year McGriff was with us. 

Coach Brown may not have been the sexiest hirer, but he could coach and coach very well.

Please explain the Tennessee game.

34 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Please explain the Tennessee game.

You don't grade a coach on one game. 

Archived