Chuma Okeke draft discussion

He needs a team who structures his contract based off not being productive next year put values his upside.  I’d assume a team with an extra pick, already a great team or willing to use their second round pick assuming he’ll heal and his upside.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Just in case people do not read it. The Ringer has Chuma mocked to the Jazz at 23 in their post draft lottery mock draft. Would be a huge huge huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge coup for us and Chuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuma to go in the first round. AU has not had a first round pick since Mamadou in 2000. And we have not had a player drafted period since Jamison Brewer in the second round in 01. Jazz would be PERFECT for Chuma. He would be the Day 1 backup to Jae Crowder (when he returns from injury) and then slide in to a starting role in the 2020-21 season because Crowder only has 1 more year left on his contract.

On 5/15/2019 at 11:43 AM, GwillMac6 said:

Just in case people do not read it. The Ringer has Chuma mocked to the Jazz at 23 in their post draft lottery mock draft. Would be a huge huge huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge coup for us and Chuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuma to go in the first round. AU has not had a first round pick since Mamadou in 2000. And we have not had a player drafted period since Jamison Brewer in the second round in 01. Jazz would be PERFECT for Chuma. He would be the Day 1 backup to Jae Crowder (when he returns from injury) and then slide in to a starting role in the 2020-21 season because Crowder only has 1 more year left on his contract.

I’ll take a further slide to Spurs or Warriors. Jazz are potentially the least watchable team in the league, certainly the most boring contender

On 5/15/2019 at 10:03 AM, bigbird said:

With all of Boston's picks, they could take a flyer on Chuma. I don't think he'd be a good fit there.

They’re gonna likely need 1 or 2 PGs with Kyrie and probably Rozier. Thankfully Chuma will avoid that pooper

17 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I’ll take a further slide to Spurs or Warriors. Jazz are potentially the least watchable team in the league, certainly the most boring contender

Lol what does that have to do with anything? Nothing Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert related is the most boring playoff team in the league. They are plenty fun and exciting to watch. Sorry you cannot appreciate Those 2 and Quinn Snyders awesome offensive sets. That is on you bro haha. 

Spurs, warriors, bucks, blazers, Clippers, thunder, basically every team in the league. 

I low key give you guys good stuff and I know for reasons it gets ignored but here's food for thought. If the bucs could mostly keep their same team but added chumma and Harper....championship contender for the next 5 years easy. Only thing that holds them back really is point guard. Bucks literally just need a little auburn help

19 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Lol what does that have to do with anything? Nothing Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert related is the most boring playoff team in the league. They are plenty fun and exciting to watch. Sorry you cannot appreciate Those 2 and Quinn Snyders awesome offensive sets. That is on you bro haha. 

I’ll just leave it at personal preference then

12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Spurs, warriors, bucks, blazers, Clippers, thunder, basically every team in the league. 

I low key give you guys good stuff and I know for reasons it gets ignored but here's food for thought. If the bucs could mostly keep their same team but added chumma and Harper....championship contender for the next 5 years easy. Only thing that holds them back really is point guard. Bucks literally just need a little auburn help

Brogdon is a fantastic back up PG though

29 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Brogdon is a fantastic back up PG though

They play him more off ball, it's why George Hill still gets so much burn. They need a facilitator at point. Brogdon needs to be shooting the ball. 

25 minutes ago, cole256 said:

They play him more off ball, it's why George Hill still gets so much burn. They need a facilitator at point. Brogdon needs to be shooting the ball. 

I see what you’re saying, a floor general

I guess they could get Harper as a stash away, GH looks like he still has like 2-3 years left in their system 

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I'd definitely make some Bucks games next season if that happens... Didn't get a chance to go this year. 

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Man the Buccs would be an fing problem if they had another long versatile defender that can bury the trey

Their defense would be crazy

Well it's already crazy but even better. It would give them time to heal up and learn behind some great players.....

2 hours ago, GTNupe11 said:

I'd definitely make some Bucks games next season if that happens... Didn't get a chance to go this year. 

Hell I'll make it myself from way down here 😂

14 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Their defense would be crazy

They’re probably the best contender in the East in terms of ceiling. 6ers are gonna be cap strapped, Raps are probably going to lose Kawhi at this point and blow it up if so, Cs just don’t matter plus they’re losing Kyrie. Bucs MIGHT have to give Khris the max, but they only need like one or two pieces and Giannis to keep working on his outside shot. Natural development more than anything 

18 hours ago, cole256 said:

You don't think the Bucks, as they are built right now, are already a championship contender for the forseeable future with the potential future GOAT Giannis? I don't think they need either of our guys to get them to that status IMO

19 hours ago, cole256 said:

Hell I'll make it myself from way down here 😂

Lol, come on up! It's sad because my office is literally around the corner and I haven't gone to a single game this year, smh.

5 hours ago, Tiger said:

You don't think the Bucks, as they are built right now, are already a championship contender for the forseeable future with the potential future GOAT Giannis? I don't think they need either of our guys to get them to that status IMO

Yes they are contenders but I don't think they can win it all with Bledsoe. I think he's what's holding them back. I'm not too familiar with everybody's contract situation for that team that's why I said it the way I did. I wouldn't pay Middleton max contract money I don't think. 

But I guess they don't NEED them, but I think if they had them they would be even better

Thunder could use him.  Presti likes to draft athletes that can defend and they are the 23rd pick if I recall correctly.  I agree with @Dual-Threat Rigby, not the Jazz.  Their fans are the definition of bottom of the barrel.  And that is coming from the players.  They are known to be low class.  

On 5/17/2019 at 5:03 PM, abw0004 said:

Thunder could use him.  Presti likes to draft athletes that can defend and they are the 23rd pick if I recall correctly.  I agree with @Dual-Threat Rigby, not the Jazz.  Their fans are the definition of bottom of the barrel.  And that is coming from the players.  They are known to be low class.  

Yeah I didn’t even factor the fans into that. They’re universally heralded as the worst in b-ball these days 

Beggars can't be choosers. I just want my guy in the first round on a guaranteed contract!

But IF I get to be a chooser, I would LOVE to see him in Brooklyn, San Antonio, or Milwaukee. All three of those teams are known for player development. The Nets are sneaky in that area. They develop players, man. They run a pretty egalitarian offensive system. They have a switch-heavy defense Chuma would thrive in. They value multi-positional defenders. They don't have a bunch of post scorers, and they enjoy a good three-point shooter (fifth highest 3-point rate in the league this year). Plug him in with Russell 6'5", Joe Harris 6'6", Caris Levert 6'7", and Jarrett Allen 6'11" and that could be a dynamic crew. Not a championship contender but a lot of fun.

The Spurs and Bucks seem self-evident at this point. No team develops players better than the Spurs. None. And the Bucks are already the best defensive team in the NBA. They need guys who can stretch the floor around Giannis and defend their butts off. Chuma does both. He'd be great in that system.

Archived