Men get New Mexico State as 5 seed

AU64

Have some faith, naysayers. NMSU has been beating the likes of Grand Canyon and Texas State. We’ve been banging all year with the big boys of the SEC, and lost by single digits to Duke. Salt Lake, or Lake Martin, Bruce will have our Tigers ready to go! WDE! 🦅🦅🦅

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Gowebb11 said:

Have some faith, naysayers. NMSU has been beating the likes of Grand Canyon and Texas State. We’ve been banging all year with the big boys of the SEC, and lost by single digits to Duke. Salt Lake, or Lake Martin, Bruce will have our Tigers ready to go! WDE! 🦅🦅🦅

This ^^^^^^^^^^^

Have faith people.  We have a hot team who believes in themselves, plus Bruce Pearl.

Espn crew said we got a raw deal. I really wanted to go out West, i think we could have made some noise. 

Now we're in the 'Group of Death'. That being said, I like our chances against Kansas this year. They play really good defense but we can over come that with good shooting. Crazy bracket.

Well at least no Bama! 😁

Now I hope they don't lose the NIT to keep brother Avery as HC.

see.gif

16 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

FAM! THIS PISSES ME OFF ROYALLY!!!! LAZY FREAKING BUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quadrant 1 wins on a neutral floor in the conference tourney should mean just as much as they do in the regular season!!! A win is a win is a win against Quad 1 teams (and 2. not sure what us beating florida qualified as.) Conference tourneys should MEAN MORE. If you collect some big wins like we did then we should of been bumped up to a 4. Florida and UT on a neutral floor should of meant something. O SORRY you would of had to shuffle around a little your seeding. OH NOOOOO!!! We were still building our resume. The regular season is just part of the body of work. Same as the conference tourney. 

Put us wherever you want . This team is built to brawl . I don’t care about seeds . Hell of a year and more to come 

Altitude bothers me.....not quite Denver but 4000+ feet.    Would be good to get out there a few days early IMO

10 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Brandon Marcelo is an a$$hat. 🙄 No mention of who the played since Jan. 3.  

I have never liked marcelo. His interviews and columns are just plain bad . Zero charisma behind the mic or camera . He acts like he hates AU all the time . 

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I have never liked marcelo. His interviews and columns are just plain bad . Zero charisma behind the mic or camera . He acts like he hates AU all the time . 

What helped him was crepa was so bad it took the attention off of him suckling as well

Altitude doesn't bother me because we have a deep bench,, would have liked to have played in Jacksonville...they sent LSU there, should had sent them to SLC instead...I don't care who we play, I just 'pitty the fool' who has to face us....like they said during the season and tourney....Auburn plays 2 speeds....FAST and REAL FAST, and the teams will face the first 2 games haven't played a team like ours!!!! WDE!!

1. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think NMSU has ZERO wins over quad 1 or quad 2 teams.
2. NMSU sits at NET 40 and Kenpom 49. SOS is awful, but they win by BIG margins.

BUT

1. They are deep. They play a lot of guys.
2. Around 35% of the 12 seeds knock off 5 seeds. There's usually one every year. Can't just wander through this game.

1 minute ago, AURex said:

1. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think NMSU has ZERO wins over quad 1 or quad 2 teams.
2. NMSU sits at NET 40 and Kenpom 49. SOS is awful.

BUT

1. They are deep. They play a lot of guys.
2. Around 35% of the 12 seeds knock off 5 seeds. There's usually one every year. Can't just wander through this game.

I saw that they are a combined 3-2 against Quad 1&2 teams. Just looking at the names of the schools you wouldn't think so other than the loss to Kansas. 

Sucks we are a 5. I hate being a 5. Almost every tourney a 5 loses to a 12. 

It's horrible the brackets were filled out last night. That fact alone should get the sec to move the championship game to Saturday. If they want their championship game to mean ANYTHING that is...

Also, Marcello didn't say anything negative about Auburn. Jeez you guys always find something to complain about when it comes to him. You all (who constantly kick on him) won't be happy until he leaves and covers someone else. He stated a fact. The fact is they haven't lost since a couple days after New Year's Day. That's what he stated. Was it filled with Auburn fluff? No. He stated a fact. Not everything has to be tinted orange and blue.

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

the Gonzaga bracket? The West region? that's quite literally the hardest region in spades. I think the 12 seed is Murray State who we barely put down at home. 10th seed is UF who gave us everything. You wanted to play in that region? 

As opposed to UNC, UK, and Kansas, yes. Kentucky and Carolina are horrible matchups for us. 

One game at a time. To be a Cinderella, you are going to have to face adversity anyhow. I bet the young men don't give a dang. They are just ready to represent.

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

It’s really not a matter of not having faith. It’s a matter of feeling sorry for our players and our excellent head coach that just got totally screwed!

So unfair.  Bruce is just going to have to use it as motivation and win anyway!

Archived