2020 5* F Greg Brown (Texas)

aucanucktiger

19 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I couldnt imagine how pissed Bama fans would be if we landed the big remaining 3. They've been gassing up landing a few JuCo recruits lol

Wait, Bama plays basketball? You'd never know it based on my friends who cheer for the dark side...

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

Wait, Bama plays basketball? You'd never know it based on my friends who cheer for the dark side...

They treat their airport hangar how we treat our beloved Jordan Hare. They keep pushing back the date to do a serious remodel, renovation and face lift of Coleman.

On 4/6/2020 at 9:39 PM, GwillMac6 said:

Lol there is a secret Auburn basketball forum. I will link here. It's on the James Madison rivals forum which is free. Some Auburn guys have made it the Auburn basketball rivals free board basically!!! Hahaha.

https://jamesmadison.forums.rivals.com/forums/jmu-purple.8/

Isn't that where L I G E R and thrustmaxwell created the thread to see how long they could troll this forum?

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Isn't that where L I G E R and thrustmaxwell created the thread to see how long they could troll this forum?

dsadsa.gif

On 4/8/2020 at 12:45 PM, AUBwins said:

This JMU thing blows my mind lol

It's a bunch of guys that left the bunker during a rift with the mods on the bunker. They floated around to various sites (UAB, FIU, a couple others I don't remember) before settling in at the Greg. They have some really good basketball fans, but most of them despise Gus. 

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Probably so. That's one of the main reasons those guys butted heads with JGT and the bunker mods. Good dudes, but they love to troll. And it got pretty out of control on the bunker at one point.

29 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Probably so. That's one of the main reasons those guys butted heads with JGT and the bunker mods. Good dudes, but they love to troll. And it got pretty out of control on the bunker at one point.

Don't forget the biggest one denim vest! Also their jargon bugs the ish out of me. (Stop saying boog in reference to AU you hipsters lol every 9 seconds!!!) They are like kids from high school who weren't in the popular cliques and crowds and are not trying to over compensate for it on message boards!! Lmao.

Though I'm in lock step with them about Gus. I want a football coach not just as good as Bruce but with the same personality. 

We are currently on a different tier than Bama nationally but they are coming up and we have a really tough go of it winning in their arena...shoring up our road failures against rivals is definitely something Bruce has on his mind 

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

We are currently on a different tier than Bama nationally but they are coming up and we have a really tough go of it winning in their arena...shoring up our road failures against rivals is definitely something Bruce has on his mind 

They are? How so? What gives you that idea? Unless Kentucky is on their home schedule for that season we are the only game they sell out on the season. We are their super bowl. They cratered after our game with them in Coleman.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

They are? How so? What gives you that idea? Unless Kentucky is on their home schedule for that season we are the only game they sell out on the season. We are their super bowl. They cratered after our game with them in Coleman.

Their upcoming recruiting class has a lot of solid lowkey guys...I personally believe their problem recently has been elite guard play and no other help, and it looks like Oats has tried to address that. They were definitely NIT bound last year but they were right there with everyone all year and I wouldn’t be surprised to see them as the 5th in conference

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If everything broke perfectly right I think UK and Aub would be on a tier in talent (with Aub slightly ahead), you’d have UTK in tier 2 alone, then Bama as the top in tier 3

You cannot be serious that bama would have the third most talent in the conference. Kira and petty are gone. It's obvious by all the transfers and dudes they are getting in this class. Without Kira they will get a significant deduction of open threes because he was able to blow by his man at will and the help defense would collapse on him and he would kick it out to petty and shackelford.

27 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

shoring up our road failures against rivals is definitely something Bruce has on his mind 

2-2 at Bama & UGA each the last 4 years ain't bad plus winning the last 2 at Tennessee (his own personal rivalry) is good.

22 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

You cannot be serious that bama would have the third most talent in the conference. Kira and petty are gone. It's obvious by all the transfers and dudes they are getting in this class. Without Kira they will get a significant deduction of open threes because he was able to blow by his man at will and the help defense would collapse on him and he would kick it out to petty and shackelford.

I didn't understand that as DTR saying they had the 3rd best talent in the conference. He said Tier 3 behind Tenn. level. Correct me if wrong. 

14 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I didn't understand that as DTR saying they had the 3rd best talent in the conference. He said Tier 3 behind Tenn. level. Correct me if wrong. 

I took it as that. He said Kentucky in tier 2 alone and then bama at the top of tier 3.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I took it as that. He said Kentucky in tier 2 alone and then bama at the top of tier 3.

AU and UK tier 1, UTk tier 2 alone but yeah, that would mean Bama at 4th best which I don't know that I'm on board with that but their coach isn't going to play around for sure. 

2 minutes ago, gr82be said:

AU and UK tier 1, UTk tier 2 alone but yeah, that would mean Bama at 4th best which I don't know that I'm on board with that but their coach isn't going to play around for sure. 

Ohhh UTK. Tennessee. Got it. That's where I read it wrong  But Yah fourth most talented team next season I can't see that either. Anyways on to Greg brown day.

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

What I find interesting about them is this might be Oats' most talented team. They were a strong defensive unit under Avery last year and the year before. That fell off the map under Oats. And I'm not sure he will have as talented players as Petty and Lewis again. He could be one of those coaches that the sum is greater than the individual parts, meaning he has solid classes that really fill the needs of their roster and system. But I'm not sure what he showed in year one with the talent he had was all that great. If you swap Oats' and Bruce's rosters this year, I think Bruce finishes the same place (maybe better), and I don't think Oats finishes much higher than what he did this year. 

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

2-2 at Bama & UGA each the last 4 years ain't bad plus winning the last 2 at Tennessee (his own personal rivalry) is good.

Being .500 when you’re saying you’re at a status where you can’t be compared to those schools flies in the face of said sentiment. 

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

1. It’s a 15th ranked class that offers you plenty of depth, they have had good guard play but they needed contributions everywhere else. Same song and dance with UA for years 

2. Jahvon Quinerly is yet another elite guard if you ask people who’s followed his career. The best player they had period from what I’ve read. There’s their Kira playmaker replacement 

Id love to see who’s your #4 in conference; just keep in mind MSU, the 4th best team this year is losing their best player. Florida is losing their best. Mason Jones is gone and Isaiah Joe is 50/50 right now. Even if I was wrong on the talent aspect, they’re retaining most of their core aside from those 2. By way of attrition, I’d still be very close to the mark 

3 hours ago, boomstick said:

What I find interesting about them is this might be Oats' most talented team. They were a strong defensive unit under Avery last year and the year before. That fell off the map under Oats. And I'm not sure he will have as talented players as Petty and Lewis again. He could be one of those coaches that the sum is greater than the individual parts, meaning he has solid classes that really fill the needs of their roster and system. But I'm not sure what he showed in year one with the talent he had was all that great. If you swap Oats' and Bruce's rosters this year, I think Bruce finishes the same place (maybe better), and I don't think Oats finishes much higher than what he did this year. 

What your coaching style is aids in how your roster plays. Nate wanted to run and gun, the defensive metrics had to fall. I think he was very underwhelming when looking at how good his guards were, but someone in a scenario like what you were describing: Brad Stevens. I think he was very underwhelming with Kyrie, a superstar guard. Oats’ system is going to continue to generate points IMO, and well probably see a version that is less dependent on the ball dominant PG way. 

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Being .500 when you’re saying you’re at a status where you can’t be compared to those schools flies in the face of said sentiment. 

.500 on the road. As far as I know, we've lost a total of once to UGA and none to UAT at home over the last 4 years, which would make us 11-5 over that stretch against those two teams, which is a lot closer to what was being transmitted.

1 minute ago, Rednilla said:

.500 on the road. As far as I know, we've lost a total of once to UGA and none to UAT at home over the last 4 years, which would make us 11-5 over that stretch against those two teams, which is a lot closer to what was being transmitted.

My original point was getting the road game monkey off your back though. I don’t think the tier 1 programs that were being thumbed off earlier are splitting road matchups with their rivals over such a stretch, esp with their rivals not being THAT good 

11 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Being .500 when you’re saying you’re at a status where you can’t be compared to those schools flies in the face of said sentiment

No it doesn’t. A 500 record on the road against your rivals is solid. Flip it and in that same 4 year span Bama and Georgia are a combined 1-7 against Auburn on the road. Tennessee has lost their last two at Auburn.

11 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

My original point was getting the road game monkey off your back though. I don’t think the tier 1 programs that were being thumbed off earlier are splitting road matchups with their rivals over such a stretch, esp with their rivals not being THAT good 

Going 500 on the road against your rivals isn’t having a road monkey on their back. And it’s laughable to even think it does.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

No it doesn’t. A 500 record on the road against your rivals is solid. Flip it and in that same 4 year span Bama and Georgia are a combined 1-7 against Auburn on the road. Tennessee has lost their last two at Auburn.

There must be some disconnect between the earlier mentioned supremacy we were mentioned now and the “solid” status we’re discussing now. Flip it and you’re discussing two programs that aren’t saying they should be being discussed with the best programs in basketball 

Archived