Rod and Paula Bramblett Killed in Car Accident

Never met either of them, but lived through his voice on radio. I am crying as I type. 

So sad, and prayers for the remaining family. 

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Horrible. Got a text late last nite that woke me. Knew it could not be good. Think this would be Rod and Andy’s 25th year of baseball together. He was the best. Followed a great one and was a great one. Prayers 

Awful. Just awful. Wonderful part of our Auburn Family will be lovingly remembered always.

Thanks to Stat Tiger for the Youtube video as a tribute to Rod. Just saw it a few minutes ago. 

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Let’s not jump to any assumptions. Right now all parties need to be in our prayers. Two lives lost tragically and another life I imagine will have physical and emotional scars from this traumatic event.

Thank you so much for bringing this up.  This is exactly what's been going on in my mind as well.

I am heartbroken, and literally had tears hearing of this, for the Bramblett family.  God bless their souls and give comfort to their family.

Also (not knowing any of the circumstances) I'm assuming this was pure accident and I CANNOT image being this 16-17 yr old kid who will have to live the rest of his life with this on his conscience.  I pray for him and his loved ones as well.

Absolutely heartbreaking, all the way around!!

from what i have read on another site no alcohol was involved but people are saying the kid was texting. now he is being charged with murder. it is such a sad thing and could have been avoided...............

there are no upsides to this tragedy but i have seen nine or ten pages of condolences on another site and so many fans of other teams have shown so much love it is amazing. bama,lsu,miss st, and others are showing so much class. it is a testament to what a super guy rod was............

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

from what i have read on another site no alcohol was involved but people are saying the kid was texting. now he is being charged with murder. it is such a sad thing and could have been avoided...............

Not to quibble but there's absolutely way he's being charged with murder, which under the law requires intent to deprive life. Manslaughter or criminally negligent homicide - my guess is the latter.

I'm sorry for the legal analysis. It's been a rough morning, with this, and concurrently finding out a HS classmate of mine passed of cancer as well at 38.

I think I will go find dogs, wives, and childrens to hug.

2 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

Not to quibble but there's absolutely way he's being charged with murder, which under the law requires intent to deprive life. Manslaughter or criminally negligent homicide - my guess is the latter.

I'm sorry for the legal analysis. It's been a rough morning, with this, and concurrently finding out a HS classmate of mine passed of cancer as well at 38.

I think I will go find dogs, wives, and childrens to hug.

it is ok. i am sure most folks figured out he is being charged. and i could be wrong. hard to link a paragraph from someone. it will all be out soon. it sure has been a tuff week or so for auburn and auburn fans. i pray this streak of bad luck is over with.

I tear up every time I read one of these statements from everyone.  I went and watched his greatest calls with the same effect.

He was definitely part of my extended family. I remember  when he took over and gave his first "Touchdown Auburn" call.  Come to think of it that brought tears to my eyes to as he honored his predecessor.   I knew then that he truly loved Auburn. 

He will most definitely be missed.

lutz he certainly earned his place and i remember he caught a lot of flack when he first started but he remained classy and won the fans over. my fav was his kick six and those magic words....."there goes davis". sad sad day.

I have been listening to Auburn football since 1962. Jim Fyffe to me was the best and I thought that no one could ever replace him, his excitement and voice as the voice of The Auburn Tigers. Well, then came Rod Bramblett. To me he took up right where Jim left off in his love ,zeal, and excitement for our Tigers. I tried to never miss a broadcast because I simply loved listening to his calls, and the fact that I grew up listening to my Tigers on the radio.  That my friends is an Auburn football Saturday to this old man. Rod will be sorely missed by me, the  entire Auburn family .

9 minutes ago, cctiger said:

I have been listening to Auburn football since 1962. Jim Fyffe to me was the best and I thought that no one could ever replace him, his excitement and voice as the voice of The Auburn Tigers. Well, then came Rod Bramblett. To me he took up right where Jim left off in his love ,zeal, and excitement for our Tigers. I tried to never miss a broadcast because I simply loved listening to his calls, and the fact that I grew up listening to my Tigers on the radio.  That my friends is an Auburn football Saturday to this old man. Rod will be sorely missed by me, the  entire Auburn family .

he also added the touchdown auburn in his show as a tribute to jim. a lot of fans did not get that.

Another sad day for the Auburn nation only a week after another tragedy in Auburn. And we lost Phyllis last fall. Prayers to the Bramblett family!

The outpouring of respect and words from pundits, players, and beyond is touching. And I’m sure we’ll hear that Kick 6 call all season long during our games.

I didn’t want to wake up to this news today. 

Give God a big War Eagle 🦅 for all of us!

The way it happened is gonna eat at me for a while...Gotta make this year special for Rod.

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Rod and Paula have the best view available now. 

Screenshot_20190526-065336~2.png

1 hour ago, toddc said:

And we would appreciate a lot of “Touchdoooooown Auuuuuubuuurns” this year. Each one will bring a tear.  Makes me sad that Bo Nix and the freshmen will not hear their number called by Rod. Basketball won’t be the same either. Or baseball. Heck, all of Auburn sports won’t be the same.  Say hello to my mom and dad up there, too.  😢

Archived