2020 Men's Basketball Recruiting Thread

2 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Wow thought we’d get him. Hmmm.

He had been trending Bama more than us.

• Thanks 1

Doesn't sound like part of a "one and done" plan to me. ..and when reading the commitment story I saw no mention of AU...looks like we were not a serious contender...but an interesting decision. 

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Doesn't sound like part of a "one and done" plan to me. ..and when reading the commitment story I saw no mention of AU...looks like we were not a serious contender...but an interesting decision. 

We offered a lot of SGs lately. Not sure hewas a take for us.

Just now, ellitor said:

We offered a lot of SGs lately. Not sure hewas a take for us.

That I can understand.....seemed that some posters had the view that AU should have signed him ...or been a factor.   BUT...not sure we needed him....would like a couple PF or C prospects. 

44 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Half the people that are said to be one and done by many on here is just a thing literally on here. Most on this board is horrible and judging NBA talent.....guys who aren't going they say are and guys who can go they say can't because they not averaging 29 and 16, it's funny actually

• Like 2

if my counting is correct, we can sign 5 this year with a possible 1 more if a spot is "made" by attrition....i know hooks was expecting a huge * star class but i'm not hearing much right now...seems all eyes are on cooper and its got real quiet with him

1 hour ago, doverstutts said:

if my counting is correct, we can sign 5 this year with a possible 1 more if a spot is "made" by attrition....i know hooks was expecting a huge * star class but i'm not hearing much right now...seems all eyes are on cooper and its got real quiet with him

BPs recent comments about the NCAA have probably gotten some people concerned and opposition are surely using those uncertainties against us.   Not sure how long BP and AU is left to twist in the wind....but I'm glad we have we have now 'cause I think there might be a dry spell for a while...:dunno:

24 minutes ago, AU64 said:

BPs recent comments about the NCAA have probably gotten some people concerned and opposition are surely using those uncertainties against us.   Not sure how long BP and AU is left to twist in the wind....but I'm glad we have we have now 'cause I think there might be a dry spell for a while...:dunno:

I wouldn't be surprised if recruits are waiting til we get the actual notice from the NCAA & see what's in it. That would be the smart thing to do.

Man that logo you are supporting now is interesting @ellitor  is that someone trying to incorporate a "P" into a lions head? 

I am getting a little concerned with this class. I still have high hopes for Cooper and Kessler bring the star power but outside of them i'm not sure what we can realistically hope for in terms of signings. 

I am somewhat torn on what i really want out of recruiting signings. I don't want AU to turn into a Kentucky type of school where we are signing kids and expecting half to leave after 1 season. I'm cool with a couple of those but i want the guys to stick around for a couple years so i can get to know them and see the team come together like last season. So i'm kind of ok to not get the top 25 type kids but i do like to see top 150-200 type guys sign on. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, gravejd said:

is that someone trying to incorporate a "P" into a lions head? 

Yup! My high school alma mater, Prattville's, logo.

14 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I am getting a little concerned with this class. I still have high hopes for Cooper and Kessler bring the star power but outside of them i'm not sure what we can realistically hope for in terms of signings. 

The OP has realistic options.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I wouldn't be surprised if recruits are waiting til we get the actual notice from the NCAA & see what's in it. That would be the smart thing to do.

Ding ding ding .........you are correct

38 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

OP updated to by position. Now including commit highlights and profiles.

tumblr_lr5uw6JSHY1qmajmb.gif

• Like 1

On 8/15/2019 at 8:20 AM, ellitor said:

I wish they would give us that notice allready......

• Like 1

Can't get his twitter at work, but 2020 4* PF Jaemyn Brakefield has Auburn in his top 10. Did NOT include Kentucky, which has had all 3 crystal balls for a little over a year and a half. 

Handles the ball well and looks to be a very good three point shooter. 

Added to the OP

Edited by tigerbrotha12

6 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

AU seems to have a real shot here...

Probably more of a long shot with Texas, UNC, & UK or Memphis being the favorites.