2020 Men's Basketball Recruiting Thread

13 minutes ago, Mikey said:

They'll nail us if they can. That has been the NCAA's relationship with Auburn for over 60 years and I've seen no indication of change. They tried their damnedest to nail us on the Cam Newton fiasco. Thanks to the previously despised compliance department's nit picking, they couldn't hang anything on us.

If we get the LOI we can pretty much forget all this positive recruiting information. The kids will head off to their 2nd choice and who could blame them?

Afraid so just got to hope it does not happen

Hate to see all the Kessler to Duke speculation, though (along with the recent crystal ball picks.) Really believe he picks us or Duke, I’m skeptical he wants to play so far away from home at Michigan or Gonzaga. 

Wish I could go back in time to the Barbee era to tell myself we will soon be competing with Duke for five stars. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gene Loblaw said:

a prediction that Cooper is the next 5 star player to make his commitment. Click to find where they think it’ll be

Save the click. It's Auburn. Also please paste free articles whenever possible.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I totally agree but I would not bet on it Bruce may not be out of trouble yet even though Bruce had no idea what CP was doing. NCAA rules now make head coaches responsible for wrongdoing within their program. Head coach can't just say I did not know CP was doing this.

My understanding is we may be getting a LOI.........just rumors so lets see what happens

god I hope I'm wrong

It is not often that I want you to be wrong but this is one time I want you to be dead wrong.

• Thanks 1

2. With Johnson off the board, which five-star do you think is closest to committing and who do you think they'll pick?

McDonald: I'm going to go with Sharife Cooper popping for Auburn at some point in the near future. I'm honestly not even sure he's visited any other schools throughout the recruiting process. He's been to Auburn numerous times, and I'm told spent a lot of time recruiting for Auburn on its big recruiting weekend at the beginning of June.

• Like 1

“And I’m told spent a lot of time recruiting for Auburn on its big recruiting weekend...”

love love love love this child. Just need him to make it official gang

• Like 1

On 7/5/2019 at 7:33 PM, augolf1716 said:

I totally agree but I would not bet on it Bruce may not be out of trouble yet even though Bruce had no idea what CP was doing. NCAA rules now make head coaches responsible for wrongdoing within their program. Head coach can't just say I did not know CP was doing this.

My understanding is we may be getting a LOI.........just rumors so lets see what happens

god I hope I'm wrong

Auburn sports joy always comes with a heavy price tag. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Been a little quiet the last few weeks in Auburn Basketball recruiting. Hoping to hear a little movement soon. We're on the brink of pulling in an insane class... hope the dominoes start to fall soon... 

The consensus is that Sharife Cooper will be committing to us soon. That will be a huge pickup.  What other players do you think we lead for not just in contention for but lead for.?

3 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

The consensus is that Sharife Cooper will be committing to us soon. That will be a huge pickup.  What other players do you think we lead for not just in contention for but lead for.?

Jayden Stone is the only 1 know of we are concretely believed to lead for.

11 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Been a little quiet the last few weeks in Auburn Basketball recruiting. Hoping to hear a little movement soon. We're on the brink of pulling in an insane class... hope the dominoes start to fall soon... 

if they can flip Kessler, get Stone and split one of Springer/Brown/Boston, itd be some monumental upsets going on. I think we safely got in the "this upset is possible" realm with a few of those guys though. That alone shows you the value of Bruce

9 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

if they can flip Kessler, get Stone and split one of Springer/Brown/Boston, itd be some monumental upsets going on. I think we safely got in the "this upset is possible" realm with a few of those guys though. That alone shows you the value of Bruce

Yep. Don't forget Cooper. Sharife has, apparently, been recruiting for AU behind the scenes. Wouldn't be surprised if AU had a silent commitment just because Sharife wanted to play in a few of these Nike events. Having a commit to an UnderArmour school play in your event if you're Nike is kind of a slap in the face. 

edit: I guess that's not really an upset, though...

Edited by tigerbrotha12
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Springer announced top 5 that didn’t include Auburn this week. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, DonDraper said:

Anyone know about Puff Johnson? May reclassify to 2019. Would be a great addition! 

N.C. getting the most buzz but AU not necessarily out of it 

33 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Thanks for the reply. Didn’t know how many schools have a place for him if he reclassified. 

2 hours ago, DonDraper said:

Anyone know about Puff Johnson? May reclassify to 2019. Would be a great addition! 

Nothing other than the tweet today that AU is supposed to see him at the Peach Jam tomorrow.

• Love 1

59 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Actually trending Zona right now.

26 minutes ago, DonDraper said:

Thanks for the reply. Didn’t know how many schools have a place for him if he reclassified. 

If teams see him as good enough they will take him & ask another player to transfer if needed.

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Nothing other than the tweet today that AU is supposed to see him at the Peach Jam tomorrow.

Yeah that’s where I saw it. Also looked and saw where he’s higher on UNC and Arizona 

On 7/10/2019 at 12:13 PM, DonDraper said:

Springer announced top 5 that didn’t include Auburn this week. 

Stone is a solid consolation prize I guess

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Like 1
  • Love 1