2021 5* QB Brock Vandagriff (UGA)

GwillMac6

1 hour ago, LKEEL75 said:

What makes you say this?  For all that I have heard he is very likely a better QB than Tua.

hahahah WHAT?!?!? WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE????? Absolutely in no way shape form or fashion will he be a top 10 draft pick like Tua. Kid is like 5 ft 8 too. I honestly do not think he will even be that good of a college QB. They already recruited over him anyways. If Tua does not come back the true freshmen they have coming in from Cali will most likely start for them next year. And if it is not him it will be our good friend Mac Jones. Like clayton said above he may not even be on the team next year. 

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

I don’t even believe Tua 2 will be at Bama next season 

That's what I'm hearing. The whole fam will move close to wherever Tua gets drafted. And none of them are happy in Turdistan. 

Just what I've heard. 

1 hour ago, LKEEL75 said:

What makes you say this?  For all that I have heard he is very likely a better QB than Tua.

You heard wrong.  The talent is not remotely close between the two,  I've seen little Tua play many times in person.  The only thing he does better than Tua is run.   He's faster but doesn't come close in his passing ability.

37 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That's what I'm hearing. The whole fam will move close to wherever Tua gets drafted. And none of them are happy in Turdistan. 

Just what I've heard. 

Who could be? Especially after leaving sunny Hawaii?

9 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Who could be? Especially after leaving sunny Hawaii?

Agreed.

And, going beyond that, I have heard- from people who know people who may or may not know people who probably don't know people- that the family feels saban has sold them a bill of goods. 

Regardless, what I think is very apparent- and which isn't in any way negative- is that they're just a crazy close family. So it just may be that they want to stay together and logic would dictate that they follow the breadwinner wherever he goes. 

But I will stress one more time that I have no inside sources. I don't even have outside sources. My bama sources ask *me* for information. It's all pretty pathetic, frankly. 

23 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Regardless, what I think is very apparent- and which isn't in any way negative- is that they're just a crazy close family. So it just may be that they want to stay together and logic would dictate that they follow the breadwinner wherever he goes.

I’ve said this before but this is super normal in Polynesian culture. They ride for each other for sure. 

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

I’ve said this before but this is super normal in Polynesian culture. They ride for each other for sure. 

I almost tagged you with a "Clayton might be able to elaborate on this". 

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

Since this is the case I will welcome and look forward to them joining me in the theater opening weekend for Bad Boys 3!!!! lol #ridetogetherdietogether

retrte.jpg

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I almost tagged you with a "Clayton might be able to elaborate on this". 

I don’t want to be a broken record but for anyone who didn’t read one of my prior posts/not have any connection at all to that culture:

Polynesian parents are some of the most protective human beings on the planet. Their closeness is insane. My best friend is Samoan and it’s hard to understand unless you’ve seen it in person.

If the Tagovailoa clan feels disrespected by Saban (which I and others have heard they do), little Tag won’t be there next year. They’ll get up and all leave Tuscaloosa and won’t look back. That’s just the way they roll.

Back to BVG12, my UGA buddies seem to think he’s a lock to them, but I’m praying the GF and him are serious enough for it to make a difference. I believe it might.

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

I don’t want to be a broken record but for anyone who didn’t read one of my prior posts/not have any connection at all to that culture:

Polynesian parents are some of the most protective human beings on the planet. Their closeness is insane. My best friend is Samoan and it’s hard to understand unless you’ve seen it in person.

If the Tagovailoa clan feels disrespected by Saban (which I and others have heard they do), little Tag won’t be there next year. They’ll get up and all leave Tuscaloosa and won’t look back. That’s just the way they roll.

Back to BVG12, my UGA buddies seem to think he’s a lock to them, but I’m praying the GF and him are serious enough for it to make a difference. I believe it might.

We just need to bite the bullet and hire his pops as OL coach!!! I think he is his head coach at his high school. Whats the worst that could happen?! It is not like the position could get any worse!!! haha. I am only half kidding..........

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

AU is expected to be a factor per Keith.

Smart play by Chad, sending his son to OK to bring Vand here. I know Vand had already de committed but I choose to believe Vand knew Lil Chandler was going there. 

With the wide receiver talent we’ve been getting and now have an offensive coordinator with route tree experience it could be a winning combination with getting a pure pocket passer at qb.

1 hour ago, toddc said:

With the wide receiver talent we’ve been getting and now have an offensive coordinator with route tree experience it could be a winning combination with getting a pure pocket passer at qb.

On paper...it looks very promising..only $64,000 question....Gus.

3 hours ago, toddc said:

If we can get Mike Leach to show us the broom closet he locked Craig James son in so we can put Gus there on game days lol THEN SUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE!!!!!! By all means it would be a winning combination. Until Gus changes then nothing changes with our offense.

I have a bad feeling about Clemson stealing this one. 

They are now the FSU of the 90's:  a one team conference and they can coast easily to post season while developing tons of talent because they don't have 'bring it' every week to win every game.  They can tell kids, "we are a lock for the CFP every single year."

Really need LSU to hammer Clemson.  We lose more players to Clemson then we lose to LSU year in and out. Burrows is gone next year he and the short RB (sorry can't or don't want to remember his name) were the heart and soul of the LSU offense.  I know LSU and Auburn are both in SEC West and we are better off if LSU is down but from a recruiting perspective Clemson hits, Georgia, Alabama, and Florida hard our primary recruiting areas where LSU hits Louisiana,  Texas, Mississippi harder then our prime areas.

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Really need LSU to hammer Clemson.  We lose more players to Clemson then we lose to LSU year in and out. Burrows is gone next year he and the short RB (sorry can't or don't want to remember his name) were the heart and soul of the LSU offense.  I know LSU and Auburn are both in SEC West and we are better off if LSU is down but from a recruiting perspective Clemson hits, Georgia, Alabama, and Florida hard our primary recruiting areas where LSU hits Louisiana,  Texas, Mississippi harder then our prime areas.

Hate to break it to you but LSU hammering Clemson will do little to no affect on this or the 2021 class for Clemson.

Well, it looks like UGA is desperate for a QB now.....and guess what this 5 star is available.....how convenient. Damn, tell me this won't come true. Please go anywhere but Georgia.

13 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Well, it looks like UGA is desperate for a QB now.....and guess what this 5 star is available.....how convenient. Damn, tell me this won't come true. Please go anywhere but Georgia.

UGA/ Florida battle. AU has their work cut out for them.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

I know Gus won't, but I wish he'd go after Brock Vandagriff. 

We are going after him.

I believe the kid has Auburn ties.  If we can convince him Bo leaves after junior year we might have a chance (a slim one).

Archived