AU Sports Having To Cut Budgets 10%

Auburn Kev

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I will make sure to email him and let him know to prepare a presentation to AUfamily faithful explaining his actions lol.

Come on Dag.

I don't think it's too much to ask for some transparency from the AD.   The last time (post-IB) crap was leaking out of the AD like a damn sieve, and the likes of Josh Moon  and his "sources" blasted the public with rumors/accusations/innuendos for weeks.  Then Jay Tate added his side of the story along with Philip Marshall & Marcello and we heard nothing from the AD. 

It was like Greene was totally removed from the inner workings of his own department, while those 4 reported the daily and hourly operations within the AD.  Now here we are 6-7 months later, the Prez is out and inside a week of that happening Marcello/Marshal are reporting these budget cuts?

It's unsettling when rumors like this are allowed to fester without the head of the Athletic Dept addressing the situation.  

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Ok, so then where does the budget for all AU athletics come from. 

Revenue generated from AU athletics, right?

Ticket sells, concessions, SEC revenue, apparel/shoe contracts, concession vendors, sponsorship's relative to Auburn athletics,  sports communication contracts for radio broadcasting, etc.

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

I don't think it's too much to ask for some transparency from the AD.   The last time (post-IB) crap was leaking out of the AD like a damn sieve, and the likes of Josh Moon  and his "sources" blasted the public with rumors/accusations/innuendos for weeks.  Then Jay Tate added his side of the story along with Philip Marshall & Marcello and we heard nothing from the AD. It was like Greene was totally removed from the inner workings of his own department, while those 4 reported the daily and hourly operations within the AD.  

Well, clearly stuff was reported that some of us think was untrue and all of us agree wasn't anything the AD wanted getting out. So no, Greene didn't provide the full story on that. He did what he had to do which was give the meaningless vote of confidence and move on.

Now here we are 6-7 months later, the Prez is out and inside a week of that happening Marcello/Marshal are reporting these budget cuts?

It's unsettling when rumors like this are allowed to fester without the head of the Athletic Dept addressing the situation.  

Well, it was first reported less than 24 hours ago. And now Greene has addressed it. Although I agree that it seems worth a press conference, brief video pushed out on social... something direct to the fanbase. 

6 minutes ago, keesler said:

Come on Dag.

I don't think it's too much to ask for some transparency from the AD.   The last time (post-IB) crap was leaking out of the AD like a damn sieve, and the likes of Josh Moon  and his "sources" blasted the public with rumors/accusations/innuendos for weeks.  Then Jay Tate added his side of the story along with Philip Marshall & Marcello and we heard nothing from the AD. 

It was like Greene was totally removed from the inner workings of his own department, while those 4 reported the daily and hourly operations within the AD.  Now here we are 6-7 months later, the Prez is out and inside a week of that happening Marcello/Marshal are reporting these budget cuts?

You just got your transparency. Next please 

Just now, McLoofus said:

Well, clearly stuff was reported that some of us think was untrue and all of us agree wasn't anything the AD wanted getting out. So no, Greene didn't provide the full story on that. He did what he had to do which was give the meaningless vote of confidence and move on.

Well, it was first reported less than 24 hours ago. And now Greene has addressed it. Although I agree that it seems worth a press conference, brief video pushed out on social... something direct to the fanbase. 

I just saw Tate's piece posted on the previous page.

I'm very glad Greene has given the reasoning behind it.

1 minute ago, keesler said:

I just saw Tate's piece posted on the previous page.

I'm very glad Greene has given the reasoning behind it.

Cool!

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I like Green. Getting out to the forefront before others can start going at his head. 

I love good stewardship but hope it doesn’t bite us in the butt. Athletic profits really should be there. We are broke and acting like it. Are baseball recruits going to like that we drive 6 hours on the bus in the playoffs when other schools don’t? I wish we had an embarrassment of riches in this regard....

Just now, aujeff11 said:

I love good stewardship but hope it doesn’t bite us in the butt. Athletic profits really should be there. We are broke and acting like it. Are baseball recruits going to like that we drive 6 hours on the bus in the playoffs when other schools don’t? I wish we had an embarrassment of riches in this regard....

Lmao. We aren’t broke. As my parents would say, it is a difference between being rich and well off. We don’t seem to have the black card that some were pointing to.

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

I would like to hear Greene too. Now my math may be off but from an article I read Auburn had a surplus of over 7,000,000 on total revenue of something like 147,000,000. So we're looking at expenses of 140,000,000 and if they spent close to budget then 10% of that would be in the neighborhood of 14,000,000. That's a significant cut. Again, I'm just deducing from an article. 

That's over half of Gus' buyout in 1 year of savings. 

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Lmao. We aren’t broke. As my parents would say, it is a difference between being rich and well off. We don’t seem to have the black card that some were pointing to.

Ok. Stop sending our boys off on a bus when others travel by plane then. 

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Ok. Stop sending our boys off on a bus when others travel by plane then. 

Oh how horrible . The horror. 

I’m starting to sense automatic Allen Greene defense mechanisms flaring up. 

Is he serving Great Value koolaid where y’all are at? 

37 minutes ago, DAG said:

Wow. Very interesting . Thank you.

See Dag. I asked for Greene to expand on his 10% budget cuts reasoning, you prompted my request to get Greene to tell AUFAMILY, and tada....there is an article on Greene with his reasoning for the requested cuts...

Thanks Dag...now...

I can see the reasoning for the cuts. Now the first question:: 

1. how reallocating the savings into those areas he mentioned (Facilities, coaches salaries, etc...) can really be large enough to do those things.

2. I thought facilities upgrades or new building projects come from donations and outside revenues. Does the AD budget actually cover a large part of costs associated w/ facility upgrades and new constructions?

Just now, steeleagle said:

See Dag. I asked for Greene to expand on his 10% budget cuts reasoning, you prompted my request to get Greene to tell AUFAMILY, and tada....there is an article on Greene with his reasoning for the requested cuts...

Thanks Dag...now...

I can see the reasoning for the cuts. Now the first question:: 

1. how reallocating the savings into those areas he mentioned (Facilities, coaches salaries, etc...) can really be large enough to do those things.

2. I thought facilities upgrades or new building projects come from donations and outside revenues. Does the AD budget actually cover a large part of costs associated w/ facility upgrades and new constructions?

10 steps late

The whole plan shows excellent fiscal responsibility, I can't argue with that.  

Maybe the examples used in Tate's article were his own comparisons and not Greene's?  It all just feels kinda discounted though, pinching pennies. 

AU teams taking the bus instead of a jet  ~ staying at the Courtyard by Marriott instead of the down town high-rise Marriott ~ a $50 meal instead of a $100 meal?

We watch others living large and they're building, upgrading, expanding turning out palatial facilities, their grade A, living first class and showing folks this is how the SEC does it!  

The whole plan shows excellent fiscal responsibility, I can't argue with that.  

Maybe the examples used in Tate's article were his own comparisons and not Greene's?  It all just feels kinda discounted though, pinching pennies. 

AU teams taking the bus instead of a jet  ~ staying at the Courtyard by Marriott instead of the down town high-rise Marriott ~ a $50 meal instead of a $100 meal?

We watch others living large and they're building, upgrading, expanding turning out palatial facilities, their grade A, living first class and showing folks this is how the SEC does it!  

Losing feels the same whether you go home on a bus or a Jet. You guys can’t make up your mind. First priority is winning. Second priority is getting the finances in order to get those amenities to bolster player performance E.G. a football only facility. The other stuff are far more distracting and maybe that is the issue. 

1 hour ago, Auburn Kev said:

Courtyard motels and 6 hour bus rides will go over well with recruits in all of our sports. Sounds bush league to me.

30 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Breaking: Photo of AD banquet leaked!!!:

e08a95cedb60396aaf6411ce1d128241bb048d12

Those gold candelabra's really cast a nice glow over all that paper and plastic. 

Those gold candelabra's really cast a nice glow over all that paper and plastic. 

Should probably consider selling the candles and the video board to make ends meet.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Should probably consider selling the candles and the video board to make ends meet.

Boston Butt Sale

image.jpeg

Archived