2020 5* Buck Donell Harris

toddc

Reclassified to 2020 from 2021
Offers include AU, Bama, Clemson, UGA, aTm, Gators, FSU, LSU, Michigan, Nebraska, Penn St.

Elite DE recruit puts Auburn in top five, Tigers to get OV

By Keith Niebuhr
9220497.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offs
2021 4-star DE Donell Harris. (Photo: Andrew Ivins, 247Sports)

A big-time recruit from south Florida is high on Auburn.

Defensive end Donell Harris of Miami (Fla.) Booker T. Washington released a top five Sunday and it included Auburn, Alabama, Clemson, Georgia and Texas A&M.

The 6-feet-4, 210-pound Harris is the No. 4 recruit in the country for 247Sports and checks in as the No. 1 weak-side defensive end for the 2021 class. But he told Auburn Undercover he no longer is a 2021 recruit -- and that he has reclassified to 2020.

Auburn tight ends/special teams coach Larry Porter is the prospect's area recruiter. Harris de-committed from Miami on June 13.

He visited Auburn on June 10 with some teammates.

"Coach (Gus) Malzahn and I talked a lot about my future if I was to become a Tiger," Harris said. "It was just a great experience overall."

According to Harris, Auburn will get an official visit.

This is his 247Sports scouting report: "Long, athletic build on ideal frame relative to edge position projection. Explosive pass-rusher with rare blend of length and quickness. Able to bend the edge like few prospects on national scale with the short-area burst to finish with tremendous power upon contact. Top-end arsenal of moves on the path to the passer with great hand technique and ability to set up blockers with speed or counter move. Aware prospect who has enough instincts to play against the run and/or in pass coverage. Comfortable in 3-4 stand-up role with frame to possibly grow into 4-3 defensive end in time. Balanced athlete with tremendous body control. Good straight-line speed with better quickness on well above-average motor. Confident and competitive personality. Strong tester. Surprisingly comfortable as part-time tight end in offseason setting. With added mass and edge setting principle against the run should develop into instant impact performer at the Power Five level before hearing his name called early three years later come Draft Day.

This would be a huge get no doubt.  I like our chances. Just a gut feeling & hunch!

11 hours ago, doc4aday said:

This would be a huge get no doubt.  I like our chances. Just a gut feeling & hunch!

I hate our chances when the 3 teams we are up against are Bama, Clemson and Ga... it's a difficult pull.... 

If anyone can do it it’s Coach G! Not sure who’s his area recruiters are, but they can sell CRG as someone who can put them in the league like any of these other teams! Also gonna have a lot of room for playing time early on.

4 minutes ago, toddc said:

If anyone can do it it’s Coach G! Not sure who’s his area recruiters are, but they can sell CRG as someone who can put them in the league like any of these other teams! Also gonna have a lot of room for playing time early on.

Plus I’m not sure Bama has a spot for another rush end/LB in this class.

This kid looks like he’s way ahead of the curve in being ready to contribute in the SEC, as young as he is.

13 minutes ago, toddc said:

Porter is his area recruiter, which is great. 

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Porter is his area recruiter, which is great. 

Yes it is!

15 minutes ago, DAG said:

Top 5 with Alabama , Clemson and UGA...

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d1a20836a35432e32

Greatest film of all time. The gritty realism really set it apart from other action movies of the day.

Related image

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Unless...Gus can prove me wrong and have us winning an SEC championship 

He’s committing a good ways before then. If we land him Gus may just need to survive his job to keep him.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Greatest film of all time. The gritty realism really set it apart from other action movies of the day.

T2: Judgement Day is my favorite Schwarzenegger movie.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I feel like that movie kicked off the mega franchise movement. It's hard to remember just how big the hype was for it. And that was, ironically, before Skynet the internet was anything like it is now. 

What a crazy run of superstardom he had through the 80s and 90s, from Conan through True Lies. Unreal. And 'You Could Be Mine' is locked-in on my High Speed Chase in a Stolen Ferrari playlist. 

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I feel like that movie kicked off the mega franchise movement.

Unless I'm missing your meaning it's likely Rocky 2 (1979) or Empire Strikes Back (1980)

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Unless I'm missing your meaning it's likely Rocky 2 (1979) or Empire Strikes Back (1980)

Good point. Rocky, Star Wars, Jaws, Indiana Jones, Back to the Future... there were a lot of them. Just seems like more of a thing now. Hollywood is much more risk-averse than it used to be. A lot of people blame Heaven's Gate. 

Thanks for joining me on this brief threadjack! 

37 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Good point. Rocky, Star Wars, Jaws, Indiana Jones, Back to the Future... there were a lot of them. Just seems like more of a thing now. Hollywood is much more risk-averse than it used to be.

And the crazy thing is if you look at the signs at movie theatres the past couple weeks it looks like we took a time machine back to the 90s.

38 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Thanks for joining me on this brief threadjack! 

No problem! I love movies!

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

*imagine the “drop the mic” gif that I tried to post right here.  

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

T2 was damn good , TBH

9 hours ago, DAG said:

T2 was damn good , TBH

It was the total package, really. Good story, groundbreaking special effects, the kid with the one-liners, emotional ending, ripped Linda Hamilton, freaking Guns'n'Roses on the soundtrack... Lived up to the hype. 

It's hot in Miami this time of year. I suppose this thread is about movies because some of you movie fans are going down there to take the kid to an air conditioned movie? I don't think you should do that. We lost one great prospect years ago for giving him a movie ticket.

19 hours ago, bigbird said:

tenor.gif

The best thing to do is to ignore, ignore, ignore! I find that this simply work with several posters the last couple of days and now they almost have no purpose on the football forum. That would be the smartest thing for the “pack” to do. 

I am old school in that I like John Wayne movies the best!

Archived