2019 Season Record Prediction Thread

Win4AU

Oregon - 31-17 Auburn wins.  Gatewood and the offense look impressive in the first game and defense looks as advertised.

Kent State, Tulane-  Auburn beats both by 50.

TaMu-  38-21 Auburn wins.  The offense is hitting its stride in game 4.  This game is close early on but Auburn pulls away by pressuring Mond into mistakes and ground and pounding the defense.

Ms State - 55-13.  Complete beat down at home by Auburn.  Morehead starts feeling some heat.

Florida - 31- 23.  Franks and the Gators keep this close by converting using Franks athleticism.  Florida’s new Oline struggles agains Auburn’s front which ends up being the difference.

Arkansas- 50-24.  Arkansas shows some fight in year 2 but at they are still a year or two away from being competitive.

LSU - 24 -20.  Auburn wins a classic.  Dave Aranda will give the offense fits.  Defense wins the day.

Ole Miss - 45 - 20.  This could be a sneaky good game if Auburn isn’t careful.  At home makes the difference.  Auburn runs for 500 yds.

Georgia - 38 - 28.  Auburn struggles putting pressure on Fromm which leads to a back and forth matchup.  Late TD at home by Auburn seals the win.

Samford - 100-0

Bama - 45 -42.  Surprisingly this game becomes a shootout ala 2014.  Tua and Gatewood March their offenses back and forth all night.  Auburn wins at home.

SEC - 35-31 AUburn beats Georgia in a barn burner.

CF playoff - Auburn 48 - Oklahoma 35.  Auburn defeats Jalen and the high powered Oklahoma offense.

Championship - Auburn 28- Clemson 27.  Clemson misses a late fg to win.  Absolute slobber knocker.  

There you Go 15-0

• ellitor changed the title to 2019 Season Record Prediction Thread

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8-5.

Losses to aTm, LSU, UGA,UF & UA. Will beat UNC in some mediocre bowl just to complete the trifecta on them. 

8-4, lose to LSU, Florida, Georgia, Alabama. Play NC State in the Belk Bowl for 9-4/8-5. Gus goes if we can get someone like Matt Campbell or Dino Babers, stays around for 2020 if not. 

Oregon - 28-21. We never play great first game but have the talent to squeak this one out. 

Kent State- 56-10

Tulane- 63-9

TaMu- 31-28. Gonna be a tough one especially at Kyle field but I think we can get it done with late field goal by legatron jr. 

Ms State - 27-10. We are gonna be drained from the previous game which keeps it close but we pull away late. 

Florida - 20-24. I think this is the game we finally get tripped up on especially in the swamp. 

Arkansas- 42-10 boring woo pig beatdown. 

LSU - 38-31. For some reason I think this is a higher scoring game but we get the monkey off our back finally. 

Ole Miss - 31-7. Don’t think they are gonna be good for a while. 

Georgia - 21-17. Think this game is a defensive slugfest with us scoring a late td to seal the game. 

Samford - 63-0. 

Bama - 31-30. Nail biter the whole game with back and forth scoring. They miss the game winning field goal because let’s be honest who expects a Turd kicker to make a field goal? 😂

Reg season 11-1

SECCG- 27-30. Don’t know if we can get it done a second time against the leg humpers. Still it’s a close game. 

Bowl game- win 

final record 12-2 sec west champs. This is best case scenario. My head tells me 9-4 more likely. 

1 hour ago, dyehardfanAU said:

8-5.

Losses to aTm, LSU, UGA,UF & UA. 

This is the most likely scenario if history tells us anything.

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Oregon - 31-17 Auburn wins.  Gatewood and the offense look impressive in the first game and defense looks as advertised.

TaMu-  38-21 Auburn wins.  The offense is hitting its stride in game 4.  This game is close early on but Auburn pulls away by pressuring Mond into mistakes and ground and pounding the defense.

Ms State - 55-13.  Complete beat down at home by Auburn.  Morehead starts feeling some heat.

Florida - 31- 23.  Franks and the Gators keep this close by converting using Franks athleticism.  Florida’s new Oline struggles agains Auburn’s front which ends up being the difference.

Arkansas- 50-24.  Arkansas shows some fight in year 2 but at they are still a year or two away from being competitive.

LSU - 24 -20.  Auburn wins a classic.  Dave Aranda will give the offense fits.  Defense wins the day.

Ole Miss - 45 - 20.  This could be a sneaky good game if Auburn isn’t careful.  At home makes the difference.  Auburn runs for 500 yds.

Georgia - 38 - 28.  Auburn struggles putting pressure on Fromm which leads to a back and forth matchup.  Late TD at home by Auburn seals the win.

Samford - 100-0

Bama - 45 -42.  Surprisingly this game becomes a shootout ala 2014.  Tua and Gatewood March their offenses back and forth all night.  Auburn wins at home.

SEC - 35-31 AUburn beats Georgia in a barn burner.

CF playoff - Auburn 48 - Oklahoma 35.  Auburn defeats Jalen and the high powered Oklahoma offense.

Championship - Auburn 28- Clemson 27.  Clemson misses a late fg to win.  Absolute slobber knocker.  

There you Go 15-0

My biggest problem with this is the idea that Jalen Hurts can score 35 on this defense.

I see us going 8-4 with losses to UA, UGA, UF, and LSU. 

5 hours ago, Win4AU said:

That's actually not a bad idea. Play them both at the same time and get a BYE week before A&M. I like it. 

9 wins . You can pick the 9 but I think we will get there. Only two teams I don’t think we can match up with is UGA and Bama.

9, maybe 10 wins. Loses to TAMU & Florida in close games. I do like 10-2 for 2019!

1. Oregon: 29-22. Offensive line does enough to neutralize Kayvon and the rest of the DL, lack of film on the new look Auburn offense pays off and we escape.

2. Kent State: 72-11. Bo Nix gets 4 TDs off the bench

3. Tulane: 19-6. It wouldn't be an Auburn season struggling against a nothing opponent

4. TAMU: 31-32. Last second loss, due to their team being pumped from last year's embarrassment, getting whooped by Trevor and coming off a nothing game. 

5. MSU: Abuse. After that embarrassing loss last year, they gotta beat the hell out of MSU. It should be worse than the 2017 game for them.

6. UF: 21-18. We beat another product associated with cow teats. Think we also catch them looking ahead to LSU, plus we just own the Swamp (dont look up the stats and prove me wrong).

7. Arkansas: lol. If this is within 20 points it's a lost season

8. LSU: The streak ends. They lost most of their defensive backfield if I remember correctly, plus the transcendent, biblical Devin White. They got Danny fn Etling as a Heisman candidate. Cmon now. Danny Etling. Guy had the worst game I think ive ever seen that resulted in a win against Auburn in JHS

9. Ole Miss: Next. 

10. Georgia: 42-37. By this point, Joey should either be benched or a Heisman favorite. Theres no in between. This is his coming out game. DL takes away the running game, Pickens has 2 TDs, BUT.....BUT. Seth has 165 yards and 1 TD and Schwartz also supplies 2. Instant classic

11. Samford: Bo Nix has 5 TDs as the starter 

12. Alabama: Game of the year. That's all I want to predict 

Can Auburn (supposedly the 3rd or 4th best team in SEC West) beat the best team in the PAC12?

Can Auburn find enough offense to beat A&M and UF?

Every year, I think our Tigers can beat the LSU Tigers. Every year I've been wrong.

UGA and Bama -- Auburn has gotta prove it on the field.

Wanting Gus to step up big time and earn that obscene salary.

7-5 or 6-6.

Early losses to Oregon and aTm send the program into a death spiral and this board goes nuts.  Out of sheer fear for his safety, Gus is fired immediately after the Georgia game.  But on the bright side, Auburn dads will have more quality time on Saturdays with their kids and Auburn husbands will please their wives by finally getting around to painting the garage.

Obviously I hope I am completely wrong and I get unmercifully ridiculed in December.  But I don't buy in to the "improved offensive line" and our schedule is too tough.

20 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

8-5.

Losses to aTm, LSU, UGA,UF & UA. Will beat UNC in some mediocre bowl just to complete the trifecta on them. 

Actually... If taking history into it... I totally forgot until just now... We likely beat UGA because i dont think Gus has lost a single game coming off a bye week in his career. So i would change the UGA game to a win.

2 hours ago, countoff said:

But I don't buy in to the "improved offensive line" and our schedule is too tough.

Agreed. The OL is the heart of the O. Do not really expect to see a whole lot of improvement from last year, not because lack of heart, but lack of talent due to lack of OL recruiting. Losses to Bama, Ga, LSU, and probably 2 more losses somewhere between Oregon, A&M, Fla, Miss.St. Between them 4, Gus will more than likely(as seen in the past)have a couple of brain farts and give 2 of those away. 7-5. Don't even want to think about the bowl. Folks, I so hope that I am wrong and that this season turns out to be one of the best yet. War Eagle! 

25 minutes ago, cctiger said:

Agreed. The OL is the heart of the O. Do not really expect to see a whole lot of improvement from last year, not because lack of heart, but lack of talent due to lack of OL recruiting. Losses to Bama, Ga, LSU, and probably 2 more losses somewhere between Oregon, A&M, Fla, Miss.St. Between them 4, Gus will more than likely(as seen in the past)have a couple of brain farts and give 2 of those away. 7-5. Don't even want to think about the bowl. Folks, I so hope that I am wrong and that this season turns out to be one of the best yet. War Eagle! 

The brain farts need to stop, and I believe they will. It could be oddly refreshing to be able to simply accredit the other team in a loss rather than fracturing as a family over the coaches and what should've been. I see us as a wild card- the weapons and the urgency are in place for Auburn to be unstoppable, but there's the unknowns at key positions and as always the schedule is honorably insurmountable. Ten wins with the silver lining of not being embarrassed in our losses is my uneducated guess for our ceiling. 

31 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

The brain farts need to stop, and I believe they will.

What gives you reason to believe that? Seriously...I'm curious.

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

What gives you reason to believe that? Seriously...I'm curious.

Hot seat. We've seen him slash, and we've seen him overthink. My gut says he'll be slashing, playing to win rather than playing not to lose. It's a survival thing. We all know he has it in him. It's the way I see it, but my $.02 is worth just that: $.02.

Edited to add I think the predictability will be gone. No more broadcasting the plays with substitution packages. There's gonna be some defenses out there sucking the oxygen tank. Foot on the gas. It's his real m.o., and Lord knows we dang sure have the speed and hands for it. I'm excited about it, even knowing that special Auburn taboo about pre-season expectations.

13 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

playing to win rather than playing not to lose.

That's his only chance (along with no O-line injuries, and assuming we have a QB that can run his offense).

6 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

That's his only chance (along with no O-line injuries, and assuming we have a QB that can run his offense).

The season definitely has that put-up or shut-up feel to it.

11 hours ago, jAUSon said:

rather than fracturing as a family over the coaches

We have been fractured over coaches ever since Tiny-Tot came to the Plains. Think about it....

18 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

1. Oregon: 29-22. Offensive line does enough to neutralize Kayvon and the rest of the DL, lack of film on the new look Auburn offense pays off and we escape.

2. Kent State: 72-11. Bo Nix gets 4 TDs off the bench

3. Tulane: 19-6. It wouldn't be an Auburn season struggling against a nothing opponent

4. TAMU: 31-32. Last second loss, due to their team being pumped from last year's embarrassment, getting whooped by Trevor and coming off a nothing game. 

5. MSU: Abuse. After that embarrassing loss last year, they gotta beat the hell out of MSU. It should be worse than the 2017 game for them.

6. UF: 21-18. We beat another product associated with cow teats. Think we also catch them looking ahead to LSU, plus we just own the Swamp (dont look up the stats and prove me wrong).

7. Arkansas: lol. If this is within 20 points it's a lost season

8. LSU: The streak ends. They lost most of their defensive backfield if I remember correctly, plus the transcendent, biblical Devin White. They got Danny fn Etling as a Heisman candidate. Cmon now. Danny Etling. Guy had the worst game I think ive ever seen that resulted in a win against Auburn in JHS

9. Ole Miss: Next. 

10. Georgia: 42-37. By this point, Joey should either be benched or a Heisman favorite. Theres no in between. This is his coming out game. DL takes away the running game, Pickens has 2 TDs, BUT.....BUT. Seth has 165 yards and 1 TD and Schwartz also supplies 2. Instant classic

11. Samford: Bo Nix has 5 TDs as the starter 

12. Alabama: Game of the year. That's all I want to predict 

SO are you choosing to purposely call Joe Burrows Danny Etling or do you genuinely think that Danny Etling is still the LSU QB? lol

8-4 regular season. Losses at LSU, AT TAMU and of course to Thuga and UAT. No point in predicting what we will do in a bowl game. We could come out and get blown out or we could come out and top last years SEC bowl record for points that we set lol.

On 7/19/2019 at 1:34 PM, dyehardfanAU said:

8-5.

Almost this ^^^^^

Add a loss to Oregon for 7-6.

Archived