Projected depth chart

aubiefifty

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also of note, Steele's "hippo" package at LSU had 4 backers on the field. Wouldn't mind seeing that at times with the thin depth at DT and OP's athleticism. 

Marlon, Brown, and Coe with those 4 main backers would be a pretty formidable package, especially with Smoke on the field.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

He's a walk on that was given a scholly last year. He may or may not remain on scholly this year & liely won't play much barring a rash of injuries.

Highly unlikely.

With injuries to Miller and Newkirk (spelling sorry) Walker May play more than you think. Just my thoughts.

11 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Also of note, Steele's "hippo" package at LSU had 4 backers on the field. Wouldn't mind seeing that at times with the thin depth at DT and OP's athleticism. 

Marlon, Brown, and Coe with those 4 main backers would be a pretty formidable package, especially with Smoke on the field.

Those 3 will most likely be on the field the majority of the time since they are pretty much our best DLs I think include a speed rush from BK or TD . I think the big problem right now is who rotated in for them . 

2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Those 3 will most likely be on the field the majority of the time since they are pretty much our best DLs I think include a speed rush from BK or TD . I think the big problem right now is who rotated in for them . 

Well yeah, I should have been more clear.....I was talking about a 3-4 set. Those 3 DL could for sure handle the 3 man front roles.

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Pappoe apparently is a force, but I'm sure McClain is too.....need to see them together. I bet that would be one of the more athletic sets of linebackers you can find....

Smoke is going to have to play, I appreciate the work everybody put in but just because you're older doesn't mean anything.....he should start somewhere....same go for the wr.... Can't cry about wr production if you're not playing the most talented guys

I thought Smoke was starting at nickel back? Sorry, Tutt but yeah Smoke will be a starter soon if not right away.

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Pappoe apparently is a force, but I'm sure McClain is too.....need to see them together. I bet that would be one of the more athletic sets of linebackers you can find....

Smoke is going to have to play, I appreciate the work everybody put in but just because you're older doesn't mean anything.....he should start somewhere....same go for the wr.... Can't cry about wr production if you're not playing the most talented guys

^^^this^^^ x 1000. 

48 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Well yeah, I should have been more clear.....I was talking about a 3-4 set. Those 3 DL could for sure handle the 3 man front roles.

Yep I missed that 4 lbs.  

28 minutes ago, toddc said:

I thought Smoke was starting at nickel back? Sorry, Tutt but yeah Smoke will be a starter soon if not right away.

Tutt is pretty solid there. Actually I think Smoke will play more safety swapping out with Thomas . Doesn’t really matter who starts anyway. We need to rotate a lot on Defense. A lot of injuries come about because of tired players.

Anyone know the status of Micheal Harris at LB? Not being mentioned much. 

4 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Anyone know the status of Micheal Harris at LB? Not being mentioned much. 

Working behind others at LB, will have a chance to contribute on special teams. 

1 hour ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

With injuries to Miller and Newkirk (spelling sorry) Walker May play more than you think. Just my thoughts.

Would require whoever's playing the Buck when Coe isn't to be ineffective IMO. Also Miller has been cleared.

Just now, ellitor said:

Would require whoever's playing the Buck when Coe isn't to be ineffective IMO. Also Miller has been cleared.

Cleared but he missed a lot of time not sure how long to get him up to speed

1 hour ago, toddc said:

@toddc Nope & Smoke isn't playing nickel. Right now he's 2nd string safety & One of the top slot CBs.

3 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Cleared but he missed a lot of time not sure how long to get him up to speed

I understand but he's still probably quite a bit more talented than GW. Also if TD carries his fall camp work into games & BK is a solid contributor then that's more reps for Coe inside. Going to be hard for GW to crack the 2 deep at DT barring injury.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@toddc Nope & Smoke isn't playing nickel. Right now he's 2nd string safety & One of the top slot CBs.

That’s why I edited with sorry and changed to Tutt at nickel. I said he might be a starter sooner than later too.

Smoke is a dog, with a nose for the ball. He's going to be a major contributor even if he's listed as a backup at Safety. He'll be a key piece in the dime package with his skill set, size, and physicality this year.

12 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Can Jay Jay Wilson give Auburn the versatility it has lacked at H-back?

The Arizona State grad transfer didn't drop a pass in fall camp until Auburn's second scrimmage -- and even that was due to a pass breakup by a defender.

Both of the two thrown his way

5 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Tutt is pretty solid there. Actually I think Smoke will play more safety swapping out with Thomas . Doesn’t really matter who starts anyway. We need to rotate a lot on Defense. A lot of injuries come about because of tired players.

You can't sit Dinson right, should Smoke start over Thomas?

13 hours ago, ellitor said:

Wait a minute. Your signature says, "BoNix2019". Something doesn't add up here...

I think Green is off on DJ at the EB depth chart. He should play a good bit.

2 out of 4 ain't bad. It's Flash, Seth, Wee Willie, & Stove when healthy. Hill has a change to crack the top 4 if he can start being consistent.

Not sure how much he will play this season. The staff wants him to bulk up.

I love Nix and want him to win but my guts telling me Gus goes with the guy who has a little more experience with the system.

7 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

You can't sit Dinson right, should Smoke start over Thomas?

Why couldn't he start over Dinson?

18 hours ago, Zeek said:

When healthy I think our best 4 receivers are Schwartz, Hill, Williams, and Farrar.

Forgot about Hastings.  Very reliable.  I would put him over Farrar as he has been having trouble catching the ball from what I read.  Hastings is about as good as it gets when you need a reliable receiver to check down to.

15 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

With that starting DL, I would love to see us run some 3-4.  That mixing it up will screw with opposing OL who are not sure what formation we are in and who they are to block.  

Archived