2021 Recruiting Thread (Update: 8/17/20)

ellitor

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Keith says the staff expects another offensive commit in the next week or so. Also said the staff expects to have 11 or 12 total commits by the start of July.

Latrell Neville? JBoy is hinting about it. 

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Latrell Neville?

Doubt it. Besides Coach Crane hinting at it I have seen no AU buzz with him. I'd rather get Davis' teammate Shadrach Banks.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Keith says the staff expects another offensive commit in the next week or so & that some Texas targets have reached out to AU today since Davis committed.. Also said the staff expects to have 11 or 12 total commits by the start of July.

🏻This guy is good. His podcast is great. I’m glad he came to this site and let us know what’s up. 

19 hours ago, ellitor said:

Keith says the staff expects another offensive commit in the next week or so & that some targets in Texas have reached out to AU today since Davis committed.. Also said the staff expects to have 11 or 12 total commits by the start of July.

I saw AUNerd liked several tweets from other prospects who were obviously interested in Dee committing to us. I know that doesn't ever mean anything as far as one particular kid goes but it was still good to see. One of them was a big time TE. Not sure if teammate or not.

20 hours ago, aubearcat said:

🏻This guy is good. His podcast is great. I’m glad he came to this site and let us know what’s up. 

How can I catch his podcasts?⁰

On 5/17/2020 at 1:20 PM, ellitor said:

Will take at least 2 more but more likely 3 years to repair his HC rep. He & most others know this.

I'll allow it. I really think that yhis year's offense will be 2009/2010, 2013/2014 fun. We'll never be out of a game.

1 hour ago, Timeslider 6 said:

How can I catch his podcasts?⁰

E got to it before me. I’ve enjoyed listening thus far. I’m an Apple user so I subscribed in the podcast section- The JBoy Show. I’m not sure what the process is for Droid platforms. I’m sure it’s similar. 

On 5/17/2020 at 1:20 PM, ellitor said:

Will take at least 2 more but more likely 3 years to repair his HC rep. He & most others know this.

Falls in line with what some have heard and what DD said in his post commitment article= Chad will be here for a bit. 

5 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Falls in line with what some have heard and what DD said in his post commitment article= Chad will be here for a bit. 

I hope you guys are right. It did not take Muschamp long to get another HC shot after face planting with UF. Morris' stint as HC was worse for sure but it was also at arky. If Morris comes in and lights it up for 2 seasons you can bet people will come calling. Hopefully he'll decide to be picky on who he listens too :) 

4 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I hope you guys are right. It did not take Muschamp long to get another HC shot after face planting with UF. Morris' stint as HC was worse for sure but it was also at arky. If Morris comes in and lights it up for 2 seasons you can bet people will come calling. Hopefully he'll decide to be picky on who he listens too :) 

He wouldn’t have came unless he had full reign of the offense and Gus wouldn’t have given him that without knowing he’d be here for a little bit. 

22 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

He wouldn’t have came unless he had full reign of the offense and Gus wouldn’t have given him that without knowing he’d be here for a little bit. 

I'll just say, he has no desire to be a HC again. 

32 minutes ago, gravejd said:

It did not take Muschamp long to get another HC shot after face planting with UF

Nowhere near the disaster that Morris had at Arkansas. Also Morris is content to hang around and repair his reputation till he gets a quality job, one that’s better than Arkansas or South Carolina. Boom on the other hand was willing to leave Auburn for a mediocre to bad power five job or even a decent smaller conference job. He and Gus butted heads quite a bit while he was here.

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'll just say, he has no desire to be a HC again. 

Interesting. I read from other people connected to the program he does want to be a head coach again but build his rep up to where he can get a better job this time.

16 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Interesting. I read from other people connected to the program he does want to be a head coach again but build his rep up to where he can get a better job this time.

Just passing on what I've been told from multiple angles including some of his friends in the TxHS ranks. As always, it's  fluid and can change on a dime...take it or leave it.

21 minutes ago, bigbird said:

take it or leave it.

I'll never leave anything you say. Just posting an alternative I have seen.

Just now, ellitor said:

I'll never leave anything you say. Just posting an alternative I have seen.

Oh I know. My apologies if it came across as curt

Gus and Chad both need to stay in the roles they are at. Gus as a actual head coach and not de facto OC/ play caller as well and Morris strictly as a OC and nothing more. They excel at those.

Archived