2021 Recruiting Thread (Update: 8/17/20)

ellitor

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Zeek said:

top 11 oh boy 

Us and Kentucky....glad we are still in it huh?  Kid could've just picked UK and been done with it.  Hold on, this is football?  I see that list and just assume it's BB.  Bwahahaha

Tavarish Dawson I pulled him up on 247 and he is 5'10" and 175 pounds based on the track times posted above he has elite speed with a 10.5 in the hundred. What surprised me is he is only a 3* on both 247 and Rivals. He is definitely the type of player that can develop at Auburn. There is an old saying you can't coach speed he is a fast twitch athlete. 

57 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

What surprised me is he is only a 3* on both 247 and Rivals.

He's a 4* on 247. He's a high 3* on Rivals & inches from being a 4* on the composite which is posted on the 247 site.

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He's a 4* on 247. He's a high 3* on Rivals & inches from being a 4* on the composite which is posted on the 247 site.

I stand corrected when I lookedn 247 I only glanced and saw the three *'s but that was the composite.  Just below that it showed the 4*'s. That fits better with his size and elite speed thank you for the correction.

image.png

FWIW Jason Caldwell thinks ENSD in December will not happen this year given all this pandemic stuff. Thinks there will only be 1 NSD next February.

On 4/29/2020 at 11:50 AM, ellitor said:

FWIW Jason Caldwell thinks ENSD in December will not happen this year given all this pandemic stuff. Thinks there will only be 1 NSD next February.

Might be better for us at this rate lol

14 hours ago, Zeek said:

Might be better for us at this rate lol

Agree! We seem to be taking a beating right now. Maybe it will give us more time to get these guys on campus and beg. 

The threads on the two 2022 RBs have me feeling no pain on the Cody Brown thing. With Goodwin in the fold, I'll worry more about other positions this cycle. 

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The threads on the two 2022 RBs have me feeling no pain on the Cody Brown thing. With Goodwin in the fold, I'll worry more about other positions this cycle. 

Exactly. RB is the one position right now that can afford to be a little under recruited this cycle. For me, OT, S/CB, and DT, should be our main focuses this year.

On 5/4/2020 at 2:18 PM, bigbird said:

Exactly. RB is the one position right now that can afford to be a little under recruited this cycle. For me, OT, S/CB, and DT, should be our main focuses this year.

Agreed except I might add QB to the list too. Depending on his year, hard to say if Nix stays past his junior year. 

10 hours ago, AUDevil said:

We just offered Karsten Bailey’s son, 2022 QB...

9F3FFD2F-C7D7-46D2-AB48-F75D95BCAF1A.jpeg

😉

@AUDevil It’s not Karsten Bailey’s son. It’s Lance Bailey’s son. Lance was a walk on back up quarterback for Auburn 20+ years ago. Lance is also the legendary poster LB7 from the bunker.

The son’s name is Tanner. It will be interesting to see if he can eventually get a committable offer from Auburn down the road. He’s not a scheme fit for a Chad Morris offense & the 2022 class is supposedly loaded with quality QB talent.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

@AUDevil It’s not Karsten Bailey’s son. It’s Lance Bailey’s son. Lance was a walk on back up quarterback for Auburn 20+ years ago. Lance is also the legendary poster LB7 from the bunker.

The son’s name is Tanner. It will be interesting to see if he can eventually get a commendable offer from Auburn down the road. He’s not a scheme fit for a Chad Morris offense & the 2022 class is supposedly loaded with quality QB talent.

😎

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

The son’s name is Tanner. It will be interesting to see if he can eventually get a committable offer from Auburn down the road. He’s not a scheme fit for a Chad Morris offense & the 2022 class is supposedly loaded with quality QB talent.

There are some other big time schools very high on him............ like you said this is going to get interesting.......................

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

There are some other big time schools very high on him............ like you said this is going to get interesting.......................

LB7 on Tanner Bailey...

Tanner camped at a lot of schools last summer. We went to the QB collective camp for QBs in California that is run by NFL head coaches.
He threw it really well everywhere except Auburn and Florida. No excuse, but those were the last two camps on a very long road trip. His elbow was sore. At Auburn, they broke out brand new under Armour footballs and none of the kids felt comfortable. He just didn’t throw it well.
Also, Tanner is a pro style QB and Coach Malzahn has been very successful with more of a DT QB.
On top of that, Coach Morris has never seen Tanner. Then Aaron decommitted and they had to get back on your 2021s. it’s all good. We love Auburn and are so excited about the offer. But again, AU may be higher on a more DTQB type. And I’d understand.

49 minutes ago, ellitor said:

LB7 on Tanner Bailey...

Lance is exactly correct wish it could work out but we do have more success with DTQB's. Thanks for sharing e

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Tanner camped at a lot of schools last summer. We went to the QB collective camp for QBs in California that is run by NFL head coaches.
He threw it really well everywhere except Auburn and Florida. No excuse, but those were the last two camps on a very long road trip. His elbow was sore. At Auburn, they broke out brand new under Armour footballs and none of the kids felt comfortable. He just didn’t throw it well.
Also, Tanner is a pro style QB and Coach Malzahn has been very successful with more of a DT QB.
On top of that, Coach Morris has never seen Tanner. Then Aaron decommitted and they had to get back on your 2021s. it’s all good. We love Auburn and are so excited about the offer. But again, AU may be higher on a more DTQB type. And I’d understand.

Very good and honest information.  I love getting legacy players but unfortunately with CGM or CCM at the helm, we definitely are not a good fit for this kid.

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Lance is exactly correct wish it could work out but we do have more success with DTQB's. Thanks for sharing e

I didn't believe it before but Morris's record speaks for itself and he's obviously very focused with how he's recruiting the position. It's encouraging. 

Would be very surprised to see Bailey as a 2022 AU signee.  Hope I'm wrong but we've already pulled a commitment from a higher rated Pro style QB in 2021 class.

1 minute ago, autan said:

we've already pulled a commitment from a higher rated Pro style QB in 2021 class

McLaughlin won't be higher rated once 2022 rankings get into full swing.

Archived