2021 Recruiting Thread (Update: 8/17/20)

ellitor

A guy on the bunker who usually has solid info is basically saying a 5th commitment in this run is expected next week FWIW.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, ellitor said:

AU got a number of crystal ball picks today for Dematrius Davis, Caleb Johnson, Garner Langlo, Jeremiah Williams, & Tar'Varish Dawson. Even though we haven't had any commits since Gooch ,247 analyst Steve Wiltfong says AU has a lot of momentum on the recruiting trail right now.

Jeremiah Williams would be an excellent addition to the three we got today and (hopefully) Davis on Sunday!

If we get Davis and Williams that would move us up from 28 -> 16

14 minutes ago, Zeek said:

If we get Davis and Williams that would move us up from 28 -> 16

Davis alone will put us at 19.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

A guy on the bunker who usually has solid info is basically saying a 5th commitment in this run is expected next week FWIW.

5th? You already counting Davis as 4th?

14 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

5th? You already counting Davis as 4th?

Not me. Just relaying his post.

Anyone know if Auburn is still on the Brockermyer twins' radar? 

I know we are kinda a low  chance and  without them getting to experience the Auburn culture in person, we probably went from low to tiny, but dang - can you imagine if we added those two Cats to this class?  

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

Anyone know if Auburn is still on the Brockermyer twins' radar? 

I know we are kinda a low  chance and  without them getting to experience the Auburn culture in person, we probably went from low to tiny, but dang - can you imagine if we added those two Cats to this class?  

They have visited AU before. Zeek brought them up in the OL recruiting thread. Here was my reply 

CB's are 100% (9 I believe) for Fairchild to UGA.  You might have a shot with Anna?

2 hours ago, autan said:

CB's are 100% (9 I believe) for Fairchild to UGA.  You might have a shot with Anna?

The crystal balls are not always right. We have a shot with Fairchild.

Still can’t believe how much we focus on TEs with Morris. Finally. 

6 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Still can’t believe how much we focus on TEs with Morris. Finally. 

And we’re only taking one in this class. We’ve offered so many because this is apparently a really good crop of tight ends even though a good number of them are rated three stars.

I can't begin to tell you how happy I am with this recruiting class so far. three OT's so far and all have the height arm length and frames to be honest OT's an athlete with speed to burn who is going to be a heck of a DB or WR, a stud DT, an underrated DB and a stud RB assuming he is healthy and it looking good about getting the QB and the Buck that we want. We are both getting very talented football players and football players at the position that we need.

All this and we haven't had a Big Cat weekend. The coaches have done a great job under very tough circumstances. Going into this class we had definite and well documented needs at OT. We needed 1 RB and we met that, We need Dline as so far we have one DT Hunter and looking good for Scoob but still have work to do but with Garner recruiting I don't worry to much about DLine, We have a big need at DB we have one possibly two depending on where Darvish goes so still have work to do there, We need one QB and I have my fingers crossed for Davis today.

We still need at least 2 Interior O-Line 2-3 more DB's at least one more DT and a DE assuming we get Scoob, 2 LB's (to keep Mikey happy), a TE and a WR. I am sure our needs are a little larger than what I put down as we can recruit in the 25 range every year but if we can continue the class with the type players we have so far this will be a great year for Auburn on the recruiting trail.

13 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Miss Sensei Mud

40 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Miss Sensei Mud

I know Jeff Holland but I don't get this reference.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

I know Jeff Holland but I don't get this reference.

I had think they mean they "miss" Sensei Mud, not Miss Sensei Mud. 

10 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I had think they mean they "miss" Sensei Mud, not Miss Sensei Mud. 

I still don't get it. lol

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I still don't get it. lol

I thought you meant you didn't get AUBwins post. If you mean Morris's I just took it as DD was commitment #4 for the weekend and Holland was simply the number reference. Maybe I'm off on that. :dunno:

Keith says the staff expects another offensive commit in the next week or so & that some targets in Texas have reached out to AU today since Davis committed.. Also said the staff expects to have 11 or 12 total commits by the start of July.

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

I thought you meant you didn't get AUBwins post.

That's what I meant but didn't watch Chad's clip til just now. It's Holland making a tackle. miss Sensei Mud makes sense now.

I mentioned this when Morris got canned at Arkansas but he was bringing in some quality at the skill positions.  Hopefully Auburn can keep Chad at least a couple seasons before someone swoops him up.

4 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I mentioned this when Morris got canned at Arkansas but he was bringing in some quality at the skill positions.  Hopefully Auburn can keep Chad at least a couple seasons before someone swoops him up.

Will take at least 2 more but more likely 3 years to repair his HC rep. He & most others know this.

Archived