Tulane Game Thread

abw0004

1 minute ago, AUGunsmith said:

It isn't a zone read. No one. It gus knowns who needs the ball. No meat mortal player cam read the D better than his premonitions 

Huh?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

about you can say is a win is win.....

Notice Oregon murdered Nevada today....

How the hell do you not score there? You’re really okay with a final score of 24-6?????????

Just now, GTNupe11 said:

Enlighten us. 

I was not at practice but Bo won the job., so there’s that. I think Gatewood is an awesome talent and I would love to see him in a game throwing the ball, and running the entire offense  not just running. Just being a running QBs won’t win us games. 

Just now, AubWes33 said:

Yep. There has to be a threat for him to throw. Not going to work too well if all 12 defenders know he's going to run. 

I really meant that because not developing a backup QB, whether Bo ends up being worthwhile or not this season, is purely stupid and recent history has already shown Gus how idiotic it is. It's even worse in this instance because this guy was supposedly your best game time QB and you dont give him any...game time

Congrats to the Defense for playing a great game. Congrats to Hastings for being tough as nails. Congrats to Williams for catching the pass while getting injured. Congrats to Siposs for being reliable again. Everyone else ... you got A LOT of work to do.

Question fellas. Let's be real. Gatewood will likely transfer after this season. However, if we play like this going forward, we won't win 7 games. If we only win 6 games, Gus gets fired. Does Gatewood stay should that come to pass (pun intended)

21 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

No assumptions to it he was the #1 DT QB. There will be growing pains and tonight's just one of those nights.

Wasnt Stidham like the #1 DT QB or somewhere around that? It can be a misnomer 

1 minute ago, AubWes33 said:

Yep. There has to be a threat for him to throw. Not going to work too well if all 12 defenders know he's going to run. 

I’m not sure why Gus wouldn’t let him try? Nix *will be* great one day but he is missing WRs all over the place right now. The bar isn’t that high at the moment.

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

This ol will keep us from doing something special

A lot will keep us away. I am not impressed. 

24-6 against Tulane.......

How in Aubie’s orange fur is that acceptable when you could have scored again? How? How?!

4 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Another game where we had an opportunity to work on our backup QB and Malzhan screwed it up. Every. Single. Year.

Exactly! Why was JG not allowed to pass? Malzahn really got on my last nerve tonight.

4 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

I was not at practice but Bo won the job., so there’s that. I think Gatewood is an awesome talent and I would love to see him in a game throwing the ball, and running the entire offense  not just running. Just being a running QBs won’t win us games. 

Just because Bo won the job means squat. Bo has shown me nothing these two games that Gatewood couldn’t do. Gatewood is a legitimate threat to tear a defense apart with his legs. 

Nick Marshall wasn’t a world beater throwing the football. I think Gus is wrong about this one. 

Whew.  Well we knew they’d be tough.  I didn’t know the offense would be so bad though.  Oline stinks,  RBs running straight into the Oline, WRs dropping like flies.  Bo playing smart but also playing like a freshman.

10 minutes ago, WarDamn2010 said:

I don't disagree that he has moments where his extra effort is impressive. But he is not a starting rb at any other top tier school. He has fumbled 3 times tonight. Is he better with a better o-line? Absolutely. Should he be our starting RB? No way. 

He had an off night. Hell both O & D had an off night. It happens WDE

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I really meant that because not developing a backup QB, whether Bo ends up being worthwhile or not this season, is purely stupid and recent history has already shown Gus how idiotic it is. It's even worse in this instance because this guy was supposedly your best game time QB and you dont give him any...game time

Right I understood that, my bad. I'm just saying I don't know if Gus is going to give Joey much of a chance to throw the ball. He should've let him throw it tonight. Forget about running clock. It just feels like whenever Gus is going to bring him in, it's going to be a predetermined run play. 

If Gus coached against someone who pissed on his face he still wouldn’t run the score up.

I can’t believe he would steal a scoring opportunity from Joey. 

Archived