If you can't be respectful...

gr82be

... take a break or leave but stop it with all the insults and criticisms of other posters and players. I'm just a nobody on here but it's ridiculous reading multiple pages of posters who can't find their way to a PM. Now we've lost another member who brought an informative viewpoint and a perspective that we all need sometimes, all because a poster wanted to try to get cute with the insults. I come here for information and to have fun. I have zero inside info and so I lurk, post when I feel like it and try to make someone else smile when I can. If you're on here just to be critical and pick an argument with someone then I feel really bad for you. I have gotten to the point where I just skip a couple of posters on here because they're either self promoting, attacking or just ultra sensitive. I'm just trying to get everyone to think before you post and stop with the insults. When you think about it if you aren't able to enjoy coming on here then why are you doing it anyway? 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

some people thrive on chaos. and they could care less what others think. it is sad in this day and time people cannot come back and say i am sorry. prideful to the point of sin. i admit i get mouthy sometimes depending on what was said but if i am wrong i normally will apologize for it.

26 minutes ago, gr82be said:

... take a break or leave but stop it with all the insults and criticisms of other posters and players. I'm just a nobody on here but it's ridiculous reading multiple pages of posters who can't find their way to a PM. Now we've lost another member who brought an informative viewpoint and a perspective that we all need sometimes, all because a poster wanted to try to get cute with the insults. I come here for information and to have fun. I have zero inside info and so I lurk, post when I feel like it and try to make someone else smile when I can. If you're on here just to be critical and pick an argument with someone then I feel really bad for you. I have gotten to the point where I just skip a couple of posters on here because they're either self promoting, attacking or just ultra sensitive. I'm just trying to get everyone to think before you post and stop with the insults. When you think about it if you aren't able to enjoy coming on here then why are you doing it anyway? 

Amen and Amen. Great post. 

28 minutes ago, gr82be said:

You should check out the political forums sometimes, nothing but good times there. :) 

It's really difficult sometimes to work through a thread looking for posts that actually have something to do with the topic of the thread. The amount of acrimony, personal insults, arguing, and bashing can get tiresome, especially when the venomous spitting matches go on page after page.

I keep telling myself that people argue with other family members. Except it never happened in my family, so I'm not used to it.

I've come to the reasonable conclusion that you never know who's typing, inebriated...

10 minutes ago, AURex said:

It's really difficult sometimes to work through a thread looking for posts that actually have something to do with the topic of the thread. The amount of acrimony, personal insults, arguing, and bashing can get tiresome, especially when the venomous spitting matches go on page after page.

I keep telling myself that people argue with other family members. Except it never happened in my family, so I'm not used to it.

I think agreeing to disagree is easier said than done. 

48 minutes ago, gr82be said:

... take a break or leave but stop it with all the insults and criticisms of other posters and players

We live in a strange time now. Social media has fostered such an entitled attitude and animosity for anyone not sharing your own opinion. Of course certain topics like sports, religion and politics tend to exacerbate the situation, but that's always been the case. Nowadays it is difficult to willingly discuss the latter two with friends and family due to the ever-shortening fuse some folks have gotten. I've seen too many loved ones who don't speak to each other over the slightest disagreements.  Some people don't appear to be happy unless they are outraged. It just isn't worth it.

1 minute ago, johnnyAU said:

We live in a strange time now. Social media has fostered such an entitled attitude and animosity for anyone not sharing your own opinion. Of course certain topics like sports, religion and politics tend to exacerbate the situation, but that's always been the case. Nowadays it is difficult to willingly discuss the latter two with friends and family due to the ever-shortening fuse some folks have gotten. I've seen too many loved ones who don't speak to each other over the slightest disagreements.  Some people don't appear to be happy unless they are outraged. It just isn't worth it.

And when you have a like/emoticon function to throw O2 on the fire, all of the uglies crawl out even more. 

I just hate when threads are derailed and posters are talking about something completely different than what the OP posted. I’m here to talk football in threads but you’ll see a lot of posters switching the thread up bringing up random boosters or something 

Just now, Sizzle said:

I just hate when threads are derailed and posters are talking about something completely different than what the OP posted. I’m here to talk football in threads but you’ll see a lot of posters switching the thread up bringing up random boosters or something 

Yep. Takes great self-control to stay on topic...or to otherwise avoid the cesspool. 

Just now, ToraGirl said:

Yep. Takes great self-control to stay on topic...or to otherwise avoid the cesspool. 

I see some that seem to prefer swimming in the deep end of that cesspool, rather than dipping a toe in every now and then.  

I can't stand kumquats. If you want an orange, get a danged orange, even a small mandarin orange, not some tiny pretend thing that looks like a miniature orange but tastes like the sole of barn hand's boot.

2 minutes ago, AURex said:

I can't stand kumquats. If you want an orange, get a danged orange, even a small mandarin orange, not some tiny pretend thing that looks like a miniature orange but tastes like the sole of barn hand's boot.

Trying to get something started with the kumquat crowd? 

Image result for pot stirrer meme

I love coming here to argue about kumquats.

Okay, I just wanted to illustrate how easy it is to derail a thread with off-topic posts. It's really unfortunate that arguments can get started over ridiculous and meaningless crap. I agree with the OP completely.

12 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Go to the Things I think I Saw thread. Read the last couple of pages.

I literally told another poster that guy was trolling. Let me guess somebody stuff Bo had a bad game and dude went at him....what can you do though?

Agreed, I’ve hit my limit on venting. It’ll be slow here with the bye week so I’m going to keep starting threads like I did on the RBs to give us some positive fun things to talk about.

Side note: Darius Slayton is being spoken of highly on Thursday Night a Football from the commentators. He’s on the Giants and impressing the coaches apparently.

Just now, cole256 said:

I literally told another poster that guy was trolling. Let me guess somebody stuff Bo had a bad game and dude went at him....what can you do though?

Huh? We aren't talking about Bo. What we are actually talking about is the fact that some guy insulted JMR, who writes some very insightful and informative threads from the viewpoint of a coach. He said he had had enough and the person who was the jack*** succeeded in running him off the forum. Lots of us are pissed off, because the arguing over opinion, the personal insults, and the hijacking of threads for such purposes has gotten ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Agreed, I’ve hit my limit on venting. It’ll be slow here with the bye week so I’m going to keep starting threads like I did on the RBs to give us some positive fun things to talk about.

Side note: Darius Slayton is being spoken of highly on Thursday Night a Football from the commentators. He’s on the Giants and impressing the coaches apparently.

LOVE these kinda threads BTW.  Auburn football is nothing without it's history.  Kudos sir and War Eagle!

Just now, 3rdgeneration said:

Huh? We aren't talking about Bo. What we are actually talking about is the fact that some guy insulted JMR, who writes some very insightful and informative threads from the viewpoint of a coach. He said he had had enough and the person who was the jack*** succeeded in running him off the forum. Lots of us are pissed off, because the arguing over opinion, the personal insults, and the hijacking of threads for such purposes has gotten ridiculous.

Yes I understand. I know who attacked him and I'm saying the reason he did is because he probably said something critical if Bo as that's what dude has been trolling about. My spell check changed a few of my words

Archived