LSU Score Prediction

tbone1430

My heart says good guys 28-24. 
My head says corn dogs 38-24. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I try to not cry about officiating as it truly is just part of the game, but with LSU vs bammer looming and this past weekend's dubious officiating that fully supported the higher ranked teams in each case, I'm afraid our beloved Tigers don't have a chance.  ...and it won't be all Auburn's fault.

LSU - 17

Auburn - 17

SEC Officiating Crew - +3 for the home team.

They clapped a Florida team we struggled with but struggled with a Miss State team we clapped.

We haven’t won in Death Valley since I recall watching football.

Burrow rips our secondary apart and Aranda makes Gus look like a buffoon and we retreat into our predictable crap.

We score twice off big plays and settle for two field goals.

AU 20

LSU and Alabama (historically running teams) are now passing juggernauts. Out passing defense has looked “okay” to above average but not great. Bo can’t win a shootout against Burrow/Tua/Fromm. Our defense plays well but gets too exhausted from constant 3 and outs on offense.

There has been a plethora of upsets recently and we are the next team to pull this off. I think we will see the best game of Gus' career next Saturday in BR.  It is time to break the curse of corndog alley and prove that we are the best Tigers in the SEC.

Auburn 34

cordogs 24

Steele finds a way to throw Burrow around and make him pay dearly with pics and bad passes! The season of upsets is underway and Auburn pulls out a big one next Saturday!

I’m gonna go with the 1997 score.

Auburn 31

LSU 28

I think we score quick and somewhat quiet down the crowd. Carlson kicks a late field goal to win. Been too long since we won down there.

War Eagle!!

55 minutes ago, WVR said:

I’m gonna go with the 1997 score.

Auburn 31

LSU 28

I think we score quick and somewhat quiet down the crowd. Carlson kicks a late field goal to win. Been too long since we won down there.

War Eagle!!

Like the thought. In my opinion, Gus will have to make gray play calls at the right time and the O will have to execute them. We can’t leave points in the field with overthrown balls to wide open receivers. I said it right after he was signed in 18?. Harold Joiner is special and needs more touches. D.J. is a good back but something about Joiner stands out when he hits the hole. Tall and big like McFadden was at Arky years back. Still worry about Nix scrambling and fumbling the ball, which he has done on a few occasions. LSU D is not its normal stingy one, but then again their QB is playing as well as any QB in the country, so D line pressure will be key to give our secondary a fighting chance. An interception or 2 would be great. Also glad it’s a 330 game and not at night. I will hold off on a score prediction for a few more days. 

6 minutes ago, casatiger said:

28 27 tigers over maze canines 

Interesting term...  I like it.

I'm sure some folks will call me crazy, but I actually have a good feeling about this one. 

I like how we rotated our rbs more effectively last week, and I see Bo being more prepared for this one compared to the road game in the swamp a few weeks ago. 

LSU has a good offense, but we have a good defense. While our secondary isn't the strongest unit on our defense, their offensive line is overhyped. Mississippi State was getting a good amount of penetration early in the game (and we manhandled them). I see burrow looking uncomfortable frequently. 

On the other side of the ball, there defense is a shadow of itself 10 years ago. This group gave up 38 points to Vandy. If our offense can't find at least some success, someone on our staff should be fired. 

We will be able to control but not stop their offense. But, given their defense, I'd see them doing the same. For me, the tipping factor is that we have 3 weeks to prepare for them (this week and the weeks before the Bye and Arky games). 31-28 Good Guys

2 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Auburn 27

LSU 24

Carlson kicks the game winner as time expires. The legend of Bo Nix begins as he breaks the 20 year curse 

We might could pull it off if CGM tries Nix under Center instead of deep in the Shotgun on 3rd and shorts. Just me daydreaming.

For whatever reason I feel better about this game than I did Florida. 30-24 good guys

I'm just going to some actual factual information.

LSU has the best scoring offense in the SEC and #2 nationally, averaging 50 points per game.
Auburn has the #3 scoring offense in the SEC and #23 nationally, averaging 36 points per game

Auburn has the #4 defense in the SEC allowing an average of 17 points per game
LSU has the #5 defense in the SEC allowing an average of 20 points per game

Florida has the #2 scoring defense in the SEC. Statistically better than Auburn's. LSU dumped 42 points on them.

Florida and Auburn are statistically tied in passing efficiency defense, 28th & 29th nationally. Burrow nailed UF with 21 of 24 (88%) for 293 yards and 3 TDs.

The only way Auburn beats LSU is to
(1) keep Burrow off the field by running the ball and eating clock
(2) zero turnovers
(3) the good passing fairy sprinkles magic dust on Bo's arm enabling him to complete 75% of his passes
(4) the Auburn D gets in Burrow's face and DBs extend coverage
(5) Auburn scores TDs -- lots and lots of TDs

Possible? Well, yeah -- on any given Saturday ........ that's why they play the games. Likely? Um .... I'll be cheering for my guys in orange & blue, no matter what.

5 minutes ago, AURex said:

I'm just going to some actual factual information.

LSU has the best scoring offense in the SEC and #2 nationally, averaging 50 points per game.
Auburn has the #3 scoring offense in the SEC and #23 nationally, averaging 36 points per game

Auburn has the #4 defense in the SEC allowing an average of 17 points per game
LSU has the #5 defense in the SEC allowing an average of 20 points per game

Florida has the #2 scoring defense in the SEC. Statistically better than Auburn's. LSU dumped 42 points on them.

Florida and Auburn are statistically tied in passing efficiency defense, 28th & 29th nationally. Burrow nailed UF with 21 of 24 (88%) for 293 yards and 3 TDs.

The only way Auburn beats LSU is to
(1) keep Burrow off the field by running the ball and eating clock
(2) zero turnovers
(3) the good passing fairy sprinkles magic dust on Bo's arm enabling him to complete 75% of his passes
(4) the Auburn D gets in Burrow's face and DBs extend coverage
(5) Auburn scores TDs -- lots and lots of TDs

Possible? Well, yeah -- on any given Saturday ........ that's why they play the games. Likely? Um .... I'll be cheering for my guys in orange & blue, no matter what.

You had me until the "good passing fairy" comment. 

Then you LOCKED ME IN!

Good stuff Rex!

Auburn 24

LSU 21

defensive struggle 

more than anything I want the air to get taken out of the “game of the century” hype that’s already started.

I think we have a chance if we

a) control the clock and keep them off the field

b) win the turnover battle by 2+

c) sack Burrow 3+ times

It's really hard for me to feel optimism about this game. We haven't won down there since y2k hysteria, and we just haven't beaten them consistently in a really long time. 

Our D-line could give Burrow fits, but he will pick on our secondary. 

On offense, Gus will get in his own way, and the O-line will not hold up. 

In the postgame presser, Gus comments that their crowd was louder than he anticipated and had an impact on the game. 

Same old same old. 

Archived