2019 4* SF Isaac Okoro Commits to AU!

ellitor

Okoro is rated as the No. 1 player in Georgia in the 2019 class, the nation's No. 8 small forward and a top-35 player overall in the country. According to the 247Sports Composite rankings, his .9872 ranking would be the second-highest ranked recruit under Pearl at Auburn, behind only Heron (.9911) and just ahead of Wiley (.9861).

After a strong junior campaign at McEachern, which ended in the Class 7A quarterfinals, the 6-foot-5 Okoro has been on a tear this summer, making waves with his athleticism on the Nike EYBL circuit for the Athletes of Tomorrow Running Rebels and earlier this month at the Peach Jam. On the Nike EYBL circuit, Okoro averaged 17.7 points, 8.4 rebounds and 4.1 assists per game while shooting 51.7 percent from the field. In the Peach Jam, he averaged 17.8 points, 11.2 rebounds, five assists and 3.5 steals over his team's final four games.

https://www.al.com/auburnbasketball/index.ssf/2018/07/isaac_okoro_commit_analysis.html#incart_river_index

• 18+ offers including AU, Bama, Clemson, Gators, UGA, Memphis, NC St., Texas, & Purdue, among others
  • HS teammate of AU commit Babtunde Akingbola

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Chances on landing this guy?

Looks promising as implied in the OP.

Would love to land Okoro. We are going to have some big time holes to fill after this season and he'd be a great addition.

Spencer, Bryce, and Dunbar will be gone for sure

Wiley will likely leave considering he was actually invited to the combine this year.

Danjel might leave too -- he's been in college for quite some time now and may want to try his hand at earning a paycheck

If Chuma blows up he could leave, and then who knows if someone wants to transfer out.

That's potentially 6 players in the rotation leaving us. We will be in for a rebuilding year after this season but it shouldn't be nearly as rocky as any of Bruce's first few seasons now that we are actually on solid footing IMO. 

4 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Would love to land Okoro. We are going to have some big time holes to fill after this season and he'd be a great addition.

Spencer, Bryce, and Dunbar will be gone for sure

Wiley will likely leave considering he was actually invited to the combine this year.

Danjel might leave too -- he's been in college for quite some time now and may want to try his hand at earning a paycheck

If Chuma blows up he could leave, and then who knows if someone wants to transfer out.

That's potentially 6 players in the rotation leaving us. We will be in for a rebuilding year after this season but it shouldn't be nearly as rocky as any of Bruce's first few seasons now that we are actually on solid footing IMO. 

Don't see Chuma leaving after this year. Realisticlly you are looking at 4-5 departures which makes the 2019 class very important. If Stretch reclassifies I wanted to use the last open scholly for a big that could play immediately. I still want that but only if it's a GT that will be off the books when the 2019 class comes in so we could use the scholly again. 

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Don't see Chuma leaving after this year. Realisticlly you are looking at 4-5 departures which makes the 2019 class very important. If Stretch reclassifies I wanted to use the last open scholly for a big that could play immediately. I still want that but only if it's a GT that will be off the books when the 2019 class comes in so we could use the scholly again. 

I hope you're right. And he certainly may not, but I wasn't envisioning us having this much turnover this year, so when it comes to hoops I try to expect the unexpected. I agree with everything you're saying though. When will we know about Stretch?

15 minutes ago, Tiger said:

When will we know about Stretch?

No clue. Haven't seen a time frame.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, CameronCrazy said:

I wish this dude would go ahead and jump on board

ddb5b36a-caf9-4a07-bb1e-00b378fd6903_tex

You want everyone you like to jump on board immediate. It's not a bad thing. Just sayin.

2 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

If we can pull in Okoro and then Cooper in next year's class, we're gonna have quite the pipeline out of McEachern...

This is my dream.

On 6/13/2018 at 10:30 AM, augolf1716 said:

Humm seems like we're getting a pipeline to McEachern high

6 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

If we can pull in Okoro and then Cooper in next year's class, we're gonna have quite the pipeline out of McEachern...

Hummm:cheers::poke:

WAR DAMN BRUCE PEARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE OUR COACH SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS FREAKING GO BABY!!!!!!!!!!! we are rollllllllllllling in the talent.

• ellitor changed the title to 2019 4* SF Isaac Okoro Commits to AU!!!
  • ellitor featured and pinned this topic
On 7/18/2018 at 11:37 AM, tigerbrotha12 said:

The Okoro commitment puts us firmly in the driver's seat for Sharife Cooper. We should have Stretch on campus soon and with Okoro coming next year, we will have two of Cooper's best friends on our roster next year. There's lots of optimism about Cooper after last night's announcement.

Archived