Iggy Declares for Draft

toddc

Noah Igbinoghene leaves Auburn, declares for NFL Draft

ByBRANDON MARCELLO 9 minutes ago 

Share0 Comments

AUBURN, Alabama — Noah Igbinoghene's Auburn career has come to an end.

The Auburn cornerback will forego his senior season and jump into the NFL Draft, he announced Friday on Instagram.

The corner kick returner had a strong outing in the Tigers’ 31-24 loss to Minnesota in the Outback Bowl. He returned a kick 96 yards for a touchdown, recorded four tackles and had the biggest tackle behind the line of scrimmage (a six-yard loss) against the Gophers.

The junior was exploring whether to jump early to the NFL and said he will make a decision in “probably the next couple days” following the New Year’s Day game.

“I’m going to sit down, talk to my coaches and my family and make the best decision for me,” Igbinoghene said Wednesday. “I consider myself a high — I’m not going to go if it’s not worth it, so that’s just how it is.”

He had seven pass breakups to go along with 42 tackles this season. He did not intercept a pass.

Igbinoghene provided Auburn a 10-3 lead with his 96-yard kickoff return with 6:23 remaining in the first quarter Wednesday inside Raymond James Stadium. It was the second kickoff return of his career, matching the 96-yard touchdown against Arkansas in 2018.

“We were working on it all week,” Igbinoghene said. “Didn’t really get the chance to get one a lot this year just because of the rules like the fair catch rule and stuff like that. We went in today, we talked about scoring, and that’s exactly what we did. It’s all about the other guys. I just ran, because that’s what I do. It was a surreal moment, for real.”

Igbinoghene said he will speak with his coaches “sooner or later” to figure out his future. “I don’t know yet,” he said. “I haven’t made a decision yet.”

Most mock drafts for the NFL at this point in the year only progress through the third round. Igbinoghene does not appear in those mock drafts.

Just now, toddc said:

Noah Igbinoghene leaves Auburn, declares for NFL Draft

ByBRANDON MARCELLO 9 minutes ago 

Share0 Comments

AUBURN, Alabama — Noah Igbinoghene's Auburn career has come to an end.

The Auburn cornerback will forego his senior season and jump into the NFL Draft, he announced Friday on Instagram.

The corner kick returner had a strong outing in the Tigers’ 31-24 loss to Minnesota in the Outback Bowl. He returned a kick 96 yards for a touchdown, recorded four tackles and had the biggest tackle behind the line of scrimmage (a six-yard loss) against the Gophers.

The junior was exploring whether to jump early to the NFL and said he will make a decision in “probably the next couple days” following the New Year’s Day game.

“I’m going to sit down, talk to my coaches and my family and make the best decision for me,” Igbinoghene said Wednesday. “I consider myself a high — I’m not going to go if it’s not worth it, so that’s just how it is.”

He had seven pass breakups to go along with 42 tackles this season. He did not intercept a pass.

Igbinoghene provided Auburn a 10-3 lead with his 96-yard kickoff return with 6:23 remaining in the first quarter Wednesday inside Raymond James Stadium. It was the second kickoff return of his career, matching the 96-yard touchdown against Arkansas in 2018.

“We were working on it all week,” Igbinoghene said. “Didn’t really get the chance to get one a lot this year just because of the rules like the fair catch rule and stuff like that. We went in today, we talked about scoring, and that’s exactly what we did. It’s all about the other guys. I just ran, because that’s what I do. It was a surreal moment, for real.”

Igbinoghene said he will speak with his coaches “sooner or later” to figure out his future. “I don’t know yet,” he said. “I haven’t made a decision yet.”

Most mock drafts for the NFL at this point in the year only progress through the third round. Igbinoghene does not appear in those mock drafts.

He was surely a bright spot on Wednesday. May his Jeremiah 29:11 continue, with the deepest gratitude for his time and effort spent on the Plains. Thanks for sharing, @toddc.

Love Noah Igby! I hope he becomes a shutdown corner in the league. Man, did he do the right thing by switching over to defense or what?

Boy our secondary is gonna look totally different next year

Good luck Iggy!  It has been fun watching you grow.  Please don't hesitate to come back to visit for games in Jordan-Hare!

Good move, I wish him the best. Coming back next year to finish something doesn't work when only half of the team can truly participate in that concept. 

Noah Igbinoghene I wish you all the best young man. It has been so much fun watching you play your heart out for Auburn. Best wishes to you as you turn the page to another chapter in your life. You will always be part of the Auburn Tiger Family!

5 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Since we're going to likely take a hit on D next year, it's nice that we have a consistently powerful offense to rely on.

Watch, our offense will be stellar and our defense will not. Seems to be just the way it goes for us. 

Surprising move. He is NFL ready, but was getting no attention because of the number of premier cornerbacks right now. He’ll get drafted, but he would have been a high round lock if he came back for another year. Oh well... Next man up!

Good move before Gus decides to move him back to wr and everybody expects him to sacrifice for the team!

Go Iggy! Go get the $$$ and good luck!

Archived