Iggy Declares for Draft

toddc

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Watch, our offense will be stellar and our defense will not. Seems to be just the way it goes for us. 

Ummm....Don't think you need to worry about that happening.

Best of luck to Iggy he has progressed so far and has been a stellar DB this year.  We are losing a lot on D side but unlike the O side we play a lot of people and should have people ready to step up and replace the players leaving.  

IGGY to paraphrase an old Song "Thanks for the Memories"

He was a good example of an Auburn man, just keep your head in the game and do your job-then go get paid to play the game you love.

4 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Watch, our offense will be stellar and our defense will not. Seems to be just the way it goes for us. 

If the Oline can be halfway decent then there players all over the field at every other position with experience.
Defense line will be good but young, LBs will be head hunters, DBs will be smoke, Sherwood, and Tutt and a bunch of new guys.  McCreary and Peters played a good bit.  Pass D will be decent but running D may take a hit.

As much as I like Iggy and respect him as a player and person, I’m not sure he is making a good choice.  No INTs, only 7 PBUs and 42 Tackles in 13 games is not exactly making NFL coaches wrench their hands.  If he gets drafted, it will be in a late round.  He needs more time at his position.  

With all that said, I do wish him the very best in his career and in life.  War Eagle, Noah!!!

Good move, kid has a ton and talent and he’ll provide some outstanding measurables. He may not get drafted as high as if he came back but he’ll still get paid well and has a chance to become a star. He’s thinking long term I’m sure. Smart. 

Him probably getting drafted by a good team will help out,and if he gets a chance to go to the combine and even if not if he runs what I think he's going to run he'll be drafted higher than some think

31 minutes ago, around4ever said:

As much as I like Iggy and respect him as a player and person, I’m not sure he is making a good choice.  No INTs, only 7 PBUs and 42 Tackles in 13 games is not exactly making NFL coaches wrench their hands.  If he gets drafted, it will be in a late round.  He needs more time at his position.  

With all that said, I do wish him the very best in his career and in life.  War Eagle, Noah!!!

Noah's speed should put him in a good place during the combine.  I agree that his resume' is a little light and another year would have given him valuable experience but the money always looks good.  Good luck to a good Auburn man.

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Bad decision but I wish him luck. War Eagle. 

Not really. Another year could benefit him, but a lot can happen in a year.

His monster measurables alone will get him drafted and he has tremendous upside.

9 hours ago, AUDub said:

Not really. Another year could benefit him, but a lot can happen in a year.

His monster measurables alone will get him drafted and he has tremendous upside.

I agree about his potential but he’s not going to be drafted in the first three rounds. Could drastically improve his draft stock and pay with another year.

16 hours ago, around4ever said:

How much was he thrown at? Jeffrey Okudah, while making three interceptions, only had 34 tackles and 9 PBU's this past season. He will be a top 5 pick. My only point is those statistics don't tell you much.

We lose 4of 5 starters in secondary? We are also losing four of five starters on the oline. Not to mention we are losing our 2 best dlinemen... I don’t think Gus is going to be able to survive next season.

He is a true success story.

Went from marginal (but fast) WR to become one of the true faces of the program at DB.  Big Iggy fan!

War Eagle and God bless!

28 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

We lose 4of 5 starters in secondary? We are also losing four of five starters on the oline. Not to mention we are losing our 2 best dlinemen... I don’t think Gus is going to be able to survive next season.

Unfortunately, your points will be added to "tough schedule" as Gus' excuses next year.  The PTB and Gus fans will point to these things (+ the buyout) as the reason to keep him through '21.  We Auburn fans are in football purgatory...

• 1 month later...
On 1/3/2020 at 6:41 PM, cole256 said:

Him probably getting drafted by a good team will help out,and if he gets a chance to go to the combine and even if not if he runs what I think he's going to run he'll be drafted higher than some think

Kiper and several other mocks have him going at the back end of the first round.

Archived