Four Quid pro quos

TexasTiger

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgot the one where Biden threatened to cut off $1.5B if they didn't fire the prosecutor investigating Burisma. Also, how does this help Trump for personal gain? Biden? Anybody on this board or planet really think Biden will be the nominee?  Wouldn't Biden need to be the nominee before you could accuse Trump of trying to cheat in the 2020 election?  Does Trump personally benefit if Biden is not the nominee?  Seems like this whole thing is about Trumps personal gain.

18 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Forgot the one where Biden threatened to cut off $1.5B if they didn't fire the prosecutor investigating Burisma. Also, how does this help Trump for personal gain? Biden? Anybody on this board or planet really think Biden will be the nominee?  Wouldn't Biden need to be the nominee before you could accuse Trump of trying to cheat in the 2020 election?  Does Trump personally benefit if Biden is not the nominee?  Seems like this whole thing is about Trumps personal gain.

Good grief. :slapfh:

You are wrong.  This has been repudiated dozens of times on this forum.  That's not what happened.  Just the opposite.

As for the rest of your post:

Anybody on this board or planet really think Biden will be the nominee?  Trump did.  And Biden has been running at the top of most of the polls.

Wouldn't Biden need to be the nominee before you could accuse Trump of trying to cheat in the 2020 election?   If Ukraine had complied with Trump's demands, it would have 1)  affected Biden's chances to be nominated, or 2) his chances of winning the general election if he were nominated.  That was the whole point.

Does Trump personally benefit if Biden is not the nominee?  According to the Biden vs. Trump polls, yes.

Seems like this whole thing is about Trumps personal gain.  Correct. Trump definitely wants to be re-elected.  Smearing Biden's son by having Ukraine announce an investigation into him would certainly help in a Biden vs. Trump general election.

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

You are wrong.  This has been repudiated dozens of times on this forum.  That's not what happened.  Just the opposite.

Anybody on this board or planet really think Biden will be the nominee?  Trump did.  And Biden has been running at the top of most of the polls.

Wouldn't Biden need to be the nominee before you could accuse Trump of trying to cheat in the 2020 election?   If Ukraine had complied with Trump's demands, it would have 1)  affected Biden's chances to be nominated, or 2) his chances of winning the general election if he were nominated.  That was the whole point.

Does Trump personally benefit if Biden is not the nominee?  According to the Biden vs. Trump polls, yes.

Seems like this whole thing is about Trumps personal gain.  Correct. Trump definitely wants to be re-elected.  Smearing Biden's son by having Ukraine announce an investigation into him would certainly help in a Biden vs. Trump general election.

Why else would he want an ANNOUNCEMENT of an investigation? He didn’t care about the actual investigation.  Trump did exactly what he is accused of. 

50 minutes ago, alexava said:

Why else would he want an ANNOUNCEMENT of an investigation? He didn’t care about the actual investigation.  Trump did exactly what he is accused of. 

So Biden is immune from corruption. You really believe that? Why?

4 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

So Biden is immune from corruption. You really believe that? Why?

What does “ immune from corruption “ mean. 

2 minutes ago, alexava said:

What does “ immune from corruption “ mean. 

Seriously?

9 minutes ago, alexava said:

It grammatically makes no sense. I assume you meant immune from prosecution?

LOL. Immune from investigation into corruption.

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

LOL. Immune from investigation into corruption.

Of course not. If you think Biden is corrupt you launch an investigation. You don’t hire a personal attorney and two other crooks to go behind the scenes mafia style. then use your power and tax payer’s money to coerce a foreign government to announce an investigation that they have no interest in conducting. But he had NO INTEREST IN THE INVESTIGATION. He only wanted it to be announced.. it’s an obvious clown show run by clowns. Impeachment was expected by his protectors immediately after the call and by some ,like Bolton before the call. What trump did was obvious and has been clearly proven. If you are in support of this behavior then admit it and explain why.

2 minutes ago, alexava said:

If you think Biden is corrupt you launch an investigation. I don't see a lot of interest from MSM, but would think any red blooded American would desire one. We'll see.

What trump did was obvious and has been clearly proven. What was proven? This impeachment will tell.

8 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Do you think trump didn’t go to extreme measures including using taxpayers money as a ransom for dirt to political damage to Joe Biden?

11 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

He wasn’t asking red blooded Americans to investigate. He was asking Ukraine to do it. They don’t care. 

6 minutes ago, alexava said:

Do you think trump didn’t go to extreme measures including using taxpayers money as a ransom for dirt to political damage to Joe Biden?

No. Do you think Hunter deserved his monthly salary? Nothing corrupt there?

7 minutes ago, alexava said:

He wasn’t asking red blooded Americans to investigate. He was asking Ukraine to do it. They don’t care. 

Wasn't the funding going to Ukraine? Do you believe a president has an obligation to examine corruption before releasing funding?

9 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Wasn't the funding going to Ukraine? Do you believe a president has an obligation to examine corruption before releasing funding?

No. He had to release the funding. Corruption is a whole different matter. 

13 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

No. Do you think Hunter deserved his monthly salary? Nothing corrupt there?

Maybe. You face it head on. Not like mafia. You like Rudy and his two goons seeking out American justice whilst getting paid by the Ukraine oil giant who happens to compete with Hunter Biden’s boss?

4 minutes ago, alexava said:

No. He had to release the funding. Corruption is a whole different matter. 

He did. I think he has an obligation to look into corruption. 

The impeachment proceedings will ultimately decide.

6 minutes ago, alexava said:

Maybe. You face it head on. Not like mafia. You like Rudy and his two goons seeking out American justice whilst getting paid by the Ukraine oil giant who happens to compete with Hunter Biden’s boss?

Interesting. I never defended Rudy.

7 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Interesting. I never defended Rudy.

Rudy was doing trump dirty work. And working for big oil in Ukraine !  All dirty. 

And let me add that I am not certain this is truly about impeachment. Thus far in the proceedings I've seen nothing that rises to that level. IMO

Ever since Donald Trump's election night victory, democrats and never Trumpers have been wholly focused on denying to him the actual powers of his office through a multi-pronged strategy that they call "The Resistance"; bog him down in court, make every nominee to either his Cabinet or to the Courts pay for their nomination with vicious personal attacks which know no limits, and a constant attack on Executive Privilege in attempting to subject all of his powers not just to Congressional oversight but to Congressional control. I think that a lot of people have been converted to my position, which is this; I can't see myself EVER voting for a democrat at ANY level of government. This from a guy that voted Obama in 2008.

3 minutes ago, alexava said:

Rudy was doing trump dirty work. And working for big oil in Ukraine !  All dirty. 

Perhaps. BTW, Christopher Steele says hello.

9 hours ago, homersapien said:

Amazing that you can read Trumps mind.

Look I like it that you love Biden so much and give him all this potential to be the nominee and beat Trump. Keep it up loud and long and I hope dearly that your friends in high places at the DNC will take heed and make sure he is nominated. 

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

And let me add that I am not certain this is truly about impeachment. Thus far in the proceedings I've seen nothing that rises to that level. IMO

Ever since Donald Trump's election night victory, democrats and never Trumpers have been wholly focused on denying to him the actual powers of his office through a multi-pronged strategy that they call "The Resistance"; bog him down in court, make every nominee to either his Cabinet or to the Courts pay for their nomination with vicious personal attacks which know no limits, and a constant attack on Executive Privilege in attempting to subject all of his powers not just to Congressional oversight but to Congressional control. I think that a lot of people have been converted to my position, which is this; I can't see myself EVER voting for a democrat at ANY level of government. This from a guy that voted Obama in 2008.

There’s resistance. Uncalled for at times. But this is plain and simple corruption. Trump did what he is accused of. He was not forthcoming. Not legal. Not ethical in any way. All he has in his favor is a republican majority in the senate. Which makes this trial a waste of time.  
there have also been nonpartisan people and republicans that have been truthful in their assessment and testimony against trump that are called “never trumpers “. People have gone the other way politically from you as well. 

Archived