Men vs Missouri Game Thread

Maverick.AU

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Randman5000 said:

If just Ole Miss would have won, since Alabama beat LSU we could afford this loss

If LSU doesn't beat UK next week it's over. I want that freaking ring and banner Brodie!!! We're trying to stack up these things. We need some luck.

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If you guys really thought through this objectively, you have to see that everyone else doesn't go around stepping over people, much less stepping on them. That's CLEARLY not allowed in today's game. All the other conjecture on whether it's harmless or not doesn't matter

That man’s leg is what, 8”-10” at max? His stride is probably more than twice that. Cambridge felt he got fouled, acted like a baby and got caught. 

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

If just Ole Miss would have won, since Alabama beat LSU we could afford this loss

Some part of me knew that we were going to have to beat them in Rupp if we really want that trophy. I just don't know if we can. Even with how relatively horrible UK has looked at home (relative to themselves in previous years), I just don't know how we do it. Unless Okoro is 200%, obviously the rest of the team isn't going to be able to contend against Kentucky. And even with him, we'd needed miracles against horrible teams on the road. We'll need a miracle 

Pressure, but don't foul. No need to. They will start to feel the heat. If SOMEONE could find a 3 pt stroke. Just a couple. It would do wonders right now.

I get Doughty has that Philly swag but I wish he would stop running his damn mouth. We're getting bent over against one of the worst teams in the SEC. Shut up, play defense, and try to get the deficit cut.

Mizzou time-out, 68-54 Mizzou, 7 mins left. I’ll tell u this is the worst we could’ve hoped for. If u didn’t want Okoro to rush back, better believe he’s going to try to rush back now 

That's the thing with college refs. We all knew when we got a bunch of calls go our way at the start of this half that these officials would even it out. That's how they operate. Not call it like they see it. 

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

That man’s leg is what, 8”-10” at max? His stride is probably more than twice that. Cambridge felt he got fouled, acted like a baby and got caught. 

I'm not going to personally disrespect the player, call him dumb and all these names, there's no space for that either. That's for the players and the coaches to do, not fans. However, he definitely made a huge mistake at a bad time 

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

I get Doughty has that Philly swag but I wish he would stop running his damn mouth. We're getting bent over against one of the worst teams in the SEC. Shut up, play defense, and try to get the deficit cut.

Same, he looks like a jackass sometimes.

Isaac is the key to this team's success. He would have shut down one of the 2 career games being had and given us a double double...men we need his leg to heal...

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Some part of me knew that we were going to have to beat them in Rupp if we really want that trophy. I just don't know if we can. Even with how relatively horrible UK has looked at home (relative to themselves in previous years), I just don't know how we do it. Unless Okoro is 200%, obviously the rest of the team isn't going to be able to contend against Kentucky. And even with him, we'd needed miracles against horrible teams on the road. We'll need a miracle 

We will lose by 20 plus. Until I see any reason for me to think otherwise with on court evidence of us doing better at rupp I will continue to believe that. Our 2 past teams got lit up at rupp and we aren't close to those 2 teams talent level this season.

The Mizzou head coach is coaching for his job. Mizzou folks expect better. So he's fired up.

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Mizzou time-out, 68-54 Mizzou, 7 mins left. I’ll tell u this is the worst we could’ve hoped for. If u didn’t want Okoro to rush back, better believe he’s going to try to rush back now 

Bruce doesn't operate like that. He won't allow him back until he is a hundy.

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I'm not going to personally disrespect the player, call him dumb and all these names, there's no space for that either. That's for the players and the coaches to do, not fans. However, he definitely made a huge mistake at a bad time 

He did make a poor mistake. One that likely stoked a roaring fire in that arena even more. I understand that he hit the deck, and he was frustrated. You just can’t let that sort of aggression out, self-control. And that goes for real life too, not just sports. He was punished on the court, and I’m sure Bruce or otherwise will lay into him as well. 

Archived