Reopening states will cause 233,000 more people...

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i am almost 65 so pardon me for not following anyones advice if they are not in the medical field. pas the biscuits made a statement i am going to stick to as strict as i can. it is my understanding that the qtip swap tests are not very reliable and we could be doing way better or way worse. but you can bet i listened. i will wait until the antibody test is available before i could be sure of getting a good test. am i far off loof?

Nobody is forcing you to go out. The data says the older you are....the more cautious you should be as it relates to Covid-19.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i will wait until the antibody test is available.....

It's available now and has been for some time. Here's a link to all the sites in Alabama that offer this testing. The first map shows cases by county. Click on the little arrow to the right and the next map shows testing sites. https://alpublichealth.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/6d2771faa9da4a2786a509d82c8cf0f7

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/13/no-initial-coronavirus-case-surge-georgia-early-reopening/

"No initial coronavirus case surge in Georgia after US state opens early"

As all but the most fearful expected, Georgia after opening is no worse than the states still practicing extreme closure measures. It's time to stop the madness and go back to our preferred way of doing things.

13 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i am almost 65 so pardon me for not following anyones advice if they are not in the medical field. pas the biscuits made a statement i am going to stick to as strict as i can. it is my understanding that the qtip swap tests are not very reliable and we could be doing way better or way worse. but you can bet i listened. i will wait until the antibody test is available before i could be sure of getting a good test. am i far off loof?

I'm not the best person to ask but I don't think you're far off. It's certainly safe to say that the reliability of the tests- even the ones being used in the White House- is up for discussion.

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/13/no-initial-coronavirus-case-surge-georgia-early-reopening/

"No initial coronavirus case surge in Georgia after US state opens early"

As all but the most fearful expected, Georgia after opening is no worse than the states still practicing extreme closure measures. It's time to stop the madness and go back to our preferred way of doing things.

i thought the virus took two weeks to kick in? has it been two weeks yet? i am asking.........

13 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Greatest bathrooms on the road!

12 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

For Sure!!

Apparently my car can't pass one without stopping

14 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

4A12C06C-DC72-4F5B-880E-EEA979C34554.jpeg

13 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Greatest bathrooms on the road!

12 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

For Sure!!

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Is that the Wal-Mart sized gas station place? They sound amazing. I think Georgia is getting one somewhere. Or was, at least. 

Is the BBQ good??? And do they have tamales? Racetrac actually has pretty good ones...

18 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Is that the Wal-Mart sized gas station place? They sound amazing. I think Georgia is getting one somewhere. Or was, at least. 

Is the BBQ good??? And do they have tamales? Racetrac actually has pretty good ones...

Yup. They pride themselves on being clean and they don't allow big rig truckers. Targeted at family travel. Do visit one, it is an experience.

They do have really good BBQ. Chicken, pork, brisket. I've never looked for tamales there, but quality tamales are easy to find in Austin. Especially when I'm nice to the GF's mom.

40 minutes ago, bigbird said:

They built one less than 5 miles from my house. 

34 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Largest and cleanest gas stations you will find. I have seen tamales at the one near me. 

We sometimes just grab some BBQ from there for dinner instead of going to a restaurant. LOL 

14 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Yup. They pride themselves on being clean and they don't allow big rig truckers. Targeted at family travel. Do visit one, it is an experience.

They do have really good BBQ. Chicken, pork, brisket. I've never looked for tamales there, but quality tamales are easy to find in Austin. Especially when I'm nice to the GF's mom.

2 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Largest and cleanest gas stations you will find. I have seen tamales at the one near me. 

We sometimes just grab some BBQ from there for dinner instead of going to a restaurant. LOL 

Well, shoot. Bird can tell you that I will listen any time a Texan offers an opinion on BBQ. Do they have smokehouses on site? Sorry. We don't have to get nerdy about it. 

And T4A, congratulations on landing the perfect woman. (I'm sorry, but if you've got "her mom makes tamales" in the pro column, then you have no need for a con column. I make damned good tamales myself, but they're a lot of work! Feliz Navidad in advance.)

25 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

They also have the most varieties of jerky you will ever find under one roof.

i thought the virus took two weeks to kick in? has it been two weeks yet? i am asking.........

Three weeks today, unless April 24 to May 15 isn't three weeks any more. That article was written May 13, so that would be 19 days in. Most reports I've seen say the incubation period for the virus is from six to 14 days, so two weeks would be the outside extreme.

Thank you...All these reopenings, it may take 3 weeks or more for us to get real time data. 
That means that NEXT-DAY AFTER REOPENING MEANS NOTHING, EITHER WAY.

It doesnt mean that a spike is due to more exposure, NOR does it mean that a lack of a spike isnt coming.

I grow weary with some folks just not paying attention to anything but what makes their narrative look better for the next 30 seconds.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

You know you can program that Tesla, right?

12 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Thank you...All these reopenings, it may take 3 weeks or more for us to get real time data. 
That means that NEXT-DAY AFTER REOPENING MEANS NOTHING, EITHER WAY.

It doesnt mean that a spike is due to more exposure, NOR does it mean that a lack of a spike isnt coming.

I grow weary with some folks just not paying attention to anything but what makes their narrative look better for the next 30 seconds.

Georgia has now been open for 21 days. That is three weeks. No spike.

2 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

They built one less than 5 miles from my house. 

There goes the waist line...

2 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

They also have the most varieties of jerky you will ever find under one roof.

And my wife can't leave without some mix of their fudge

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Well, shoot. Bird can tell you that I will listen any time a Texan offers an opinion on BBQ. Do they have smokehouses on site? Sorry. We don't have to get nerdy about it. 

And T4A, congratulations on landing the perfect woman. (I'm sorry, but if you've got "her mom makes tamales" in the pro column, then you have no need for a con column. I make damned good tamales myself, but they're a lot of work! Feliz Navidad in advance.)

Tamale prep/making is serious business!

5 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Their kolaches are pretty good as well.

There is this Shell station on 35 between Dallas and Waco called Czech Stop. Ever hit that place? They are damn good also.

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It really is. Thank goodness they freeze/reheat well. 

Dangit man, I know what I'm thawing for dinner lol.

11 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

There is this Shell station on 35 between Dallas and Waco called Czech Stop. Ever hit that place? They are damn good also.

I hit that place up several times on my way to Fort Worth. 

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Georgia has now been open for 21 days. That is three weeks. No spike.

If it is > two weeks, then it is probably legit. 

Archived