Jashawn Sheffield Suspended Indefinitely

Paladin

7 hours ago, jtauburntiger said:

a kid is not just pulled over, not ticketed... but arrested and spends jail time twice in two weeks - and you see nothing the guy did wrong?  I want to think the best about our players as well - but clearly the kid did something wrong.  we would be mocking any other fanbase if they said something like that about a player of theirs that was arrested twice in two weeks 

Hope he gets things strait.... young kids with too much free time without school, without sports, - lose discipline.  hope they get back on campus soon 

He was arrested not NOT driving drunk and disorderly aka pissing off the police catch all charge.

He didn't aggress upon another's life, liberty or property. Idgaf who he is or what he does without the above aggressions, his arrests are bull****. 

Your yes daddy obey the law attitude is nothing but statism and needs to be eradicated for the possibility of a free people to exist. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, AUGunsmith said:

He was arrested not NOT driving drunk and disorderly aka pissing off the police catch all charge.

He didn't aggress upon another's life, liberty or property. Idgaf who he is or what he does without the above aggressions, his arrests are bull****. 

Your yes daddy obey the law attitude is nothing but statism and needs to be eradicated for the possibility of a free people to exist. 

ConcreteRealGerenuk-max-1mb.gif

On 5/26/2020 at 7:05 AM, McLoofus said:

Perfect.

loof you and mikey both agreed on the same thing giving that cat a laughing emoj........did hell freeze over? i kid but i would never think you guys hate each other.

any chance on this kid coming back? i hate to see anyone mess up such an opportunity.........

I always find things interesting on here.  A young man(with very little playing time so far)makes a mistake of which appears to be very minor and we condemn him.  Guys on here talk about the old days and players doing all kinds of stupid sh@t from fighting to abusing substances and they are just great funny stories.

He could have made a mistake, he could be reaching out for help as nobody knows what is going on in his personal life.  Personally I give him the benefit of the doubt and am here for him in any capacity I can be as a part of the Auburn family.  Gus has been very good at bringing in quality young men and has earned that trust from me.  Not everyone gets a perfect road to drive on, some get a few potholes along the way.

6 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I always find things interesting on here.  A young man(with very little playing time so far)makes a mistake of which appears to be very minor and we condemn him.  Guys on here talk about the old days and players doing all kinds of stupid sh@t from fighting to abusing substances and they are just great funny stories.

He could have made a mistake, he could be reaching out for help as nobody knows what is going on in his personal life.  Personally I give him the benefit of the doubt and am here for him in any capacity I can be as a part of the Auburn family.  Gus has been very good at bringing in quality young men and has earned that trust from me.  Not everyone gets a perfect road to drive on, some get a few potholes along the way.

Fair enough but it seems most are just in favor of discipline and reinstatement. I think the stupid and dumb comments stemmed from two arrests in two weeks. That's hard for the average person to grasp but that's just me. But you're right, I didn't criticize Jeff Burger when he had scrapes with the law and got into fights. I just thought he was a tough SOB. This will probably all pass but I don't think anyone on here is really condemning the player, just his actions. 

On 5/20/2020 at 12:34 PM, Paladin said:

Sheffield suspended following off-field incidents

by Jason Caldwell

56 minutes ago

Following a pair of arrests in the last two weeks in Bulloch County, Georgia, Auburn redshirt freshman defensive back Jashawn Sheffield has been suspended indefinitely from the team, an Auburn athletics department spokesman has confirmed to Inside the Auburn Tigers and Auburn247. 

Arrested on May 9 for disorderly conduct and spending two days in jail in Statesboro, Sheffield was arrested a second time a week later on May 16 for DUI-Less safe-alcohol and spent two more days in jail. A bond was set for Sheffield in the amount of $1,576 for the second charge.

Georgia has a “DUI Less Safe” statute, which means that a driver can be convicted of DUI even if the driver's Blood Alcohol Content is less than 0.08 grams. The DUI laws in Georgia criminalize driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, whether illegal, prescription, or over-the-counter and toxic vapors to the extent that it is less safe for the person to do so. Even if they don’t have a chemical test to back up the claim there could still be a conviction based on circumstantial evidence.

Sheffield saw action in one game last season for the Tigers as a wide receiver, carrying the ball two times for 30 yards in a win over Samford. He was moved to defense for bowl preparations and has been expected to make a run at earning playing time at the cornerback position when the Tigers get back on the field this fall.

Im sorry....did I read correctly. In the terrific state of GA, one can be given a DUI for NOT being over the limit? Oh my how backwards society has become. 

4 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

In the terrific state of GA, one can be given a DUI for NOT being over the limit?

I think the law is covering “under the influence” of things other than alcohol that aren’t measured readily with a breathalyzer, etc. Think Tiger Woods traffic stop.....

6 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Glad I'm not a teenager in today's society.

100% fact!

I can't imagine the trouble I'd have been in if phones/cameras were around like they are today. 

12 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Glad I'm not a teenager in today's society.

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

100% fact!

I can't imagine the trouble I'd have been in if phones/cameras were around like they are today. 

My life would be drastically different and would have taken probably many a different path 4sure. 

On 5/31/2020 at 3:50 AM, Tigerpro2a said:

Im sorry....did I read correctly. In the terrific state of GA, one can be given a DUI for NOT being over the limit? Oh my how backwards society has become. 

It isn't just Georgia. 

In Oregon they would have commercials on the radios and the TVs saying "there is no magic number it is all about impairment." You could blow a 0.01 or even a 0.00 and of the officer feels you are "impaired" in any way, you get a DUII... Lost my license to blowing a 0.02. And to get it back I have to go through a 3 month out treatment program 5 nights a week in Birmingham. Nevermind that I live well over a hour away and work every night... Such BS

On 5/31/2020 at 5:10 PM, bigbird said:

100% fact!

It’s hard enough for me to keep my pants on now much less then ....

2 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

It’s hard enough for me to keep my pants on now much less then ....

Back then it was because of hormones. Now it's because I need suspenders. :(

Since he's been arrested twice before Gus suspended him for this time, I would think Jashawn has been given many chances to get things right in his life but it seems like he doesn't won't to. Though I strongly believe that people should be given a second chance, in Jashawn case he's had 2 to 3 chance. So therefore, enough is enough.

On 5/31/2020 at 4:50 AM, Tigerpro2a said:

Sounds like Georgia has simply codified what has been the law in most states for a long time and that is that a sobriety test is justone consideration. Refusing sobriety test (failing it usually just creates a rebuttable presumption of DUI anyway) you can still be convicted of DUI if jury believes you were over the legal limit beyond a reasonable doubt, via other evidence (e.g. a combo of staggering, smelling like booze, slurred speech, nastagmis gaze test, weaving the vehicle, etc). Hard to prosecute without the sobriety test results though and in many states you lose your license automatically if you refuse one. 

On 5/24/2020 at 4:57 PM, AUGunsmith said:

Im in full agreement here. It is not illegal to consume Alcohol. There have been laws put in place and "legal limits" which he fell below. I think it is BS. As for the disorderly, I have been charged with DC on two occasions in my life....one...was literally pissing behind an abandoned building....the other was for fighting in public when I was 19. Without the details, I will withhold judgement on the DC charge...but on the DUI that is utter BS. A crime has to have a victim....this kid committed no crime.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Paladin said:

Anyone really surprised? Indefinite suspension either means a) they did something that isn’t worthy of a release but requires evidence of a true apology. Or b) they are about to by “encouraged” to leave. 

link

Auburn defensive back enters transfer portal

Auburn redshirt freshman defensive back Jashawn Sheffield, who got into off-the-field trouble in May and recently was suspended from the team, has entered the transfer portal, Auburn Undercover has learned.

According to sources, Troy and Middle Tennessee could be two programs to watch.

The Trojans are coached by former Auburn offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey. Sheffield was signed as a receiver but was expected to play in the secondary full time in 2020.

Following a pair of arrests in Bulloch County, Georgia last month, Sheffield was suspended indefinitely from the squad in late May.

He first was arrested on May 9 for disorderly conduct and spent two days in jail in Statesboro. Then, Sheffield was arrested a second time a week later on May 16 for DUI-Less safe-alcohol and spent two more days in jail. 

Sheffield was a 4-star recruit from Saint Simons Island (Ga.) Frederica Academy in the 2019 class. He was chosen to play in the All-American Bowl.

He saw action in one game during the 2019 season for the Tigers as a wide receiver, carrying the ball two times for 30 yards in a win over Samford. He was moved to defense for bowl preparations and has been expected to make a run at earning playing time at the cornerback position when the Tigers get back on the field this fall. 

The news of Sheffield entering the portal was first reported by Justin Ferguson

IDK where else I'd put this, but I heard this on a podcast ep, and it's crazy that in 2016, our then easily best receiving class (probably still to this day), resulted in McClain, NCM, and KDSzn, the three names we all thought would be the best, leaving to go elsewhere. It is very sad two of those three didn't work out, and Eli Stove also never got to hit his true ceiling due to the injuries. We didn't get 25% of that potential talent IMO 

Archived