2021 5* OT Amarius Mims UGA

ellitor

19 offers including AU, UGA, Bama, FSU, Vols, Clemson, Florida, LSU, Nebraska, OU, Oregon, Penn St., Texas A&M
Committing October 15th
Some feel AU is right in it with UGA but others still feel UGA is the heavy favorite

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish had something interesting to contribute - but the best I can do is let other know they are slacking!    😃

52 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

I wish had something interesting to contribute - but the best I can do is let other know they are slacking!    😃

@AUcivE09 If you're going to call me a slacker do it right. lol

I think Auburn has done possibly their best recruiting job on Amarius. UGA has thrown everything at him and he still hasn’t committed. I think Auburn has a legit shot here but will put it at 60/40 UGA

3 minutes ago, The Jboy Show said:

I think Auburn has done possibly their best recruiting job on Amarius. UGA has thrown everything at him and he still hasn’t committed. I think Auburn has a legit shot here but will put it at 60/40 UGA

That's about 39 more than I thought Auburn had a few days ago.

So far I have been impressed with our new OL coach as far as recruiting. It would not shock me if Mims commits to Auburn although I still believe Ga leads. 

4 hours ago, Samau said:

So far I have been impressed with our new OL coach as far as recruiting. It would not shock me if Mims commits to Auburn although I still believe Ga leads. 

I would be surprised myself. As Coach Crain would be 1st to tell you from his coaching days Recruiting is heavily about relationships. For Coach Bick to come from the NFL & win this one in less than a year's time would be huge! Yes UGA hired Matt Luke just before we got Bick but gotta think Luke coming from Ole Miss likely means he had a relationship with Mims on some level before we hired Bick & likely gave UGA the early advantage.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

I would be surprised myself. As Coach Crain would be 1st to tell you from his coaching days Recruiting is heavily about relationships. For Coach Bick to come from the NFL & win this one in less than a year's time would be huge! Yes UGA hired Matt Luke just before we got Bick but gotta think Luke coming from Ole Miss likely means he had a relationship with Mims on some level before we hired Bick & likely gave UGA the early advantage.

yes but playing time is huge you have always said and our depth chart shows a more clear path there to (maybe) early playing time compared to thuga right?

5 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Trying to get my hopes up about another 5* OT?? Nope not gonna happen

giphy.gif

I know right..  silly of me to think such..   I feel like Chuck  from Peanuts.  Downright foolish. 

Can you imagine if we got the Brockemyers twins?  No I am not drinking at work.  

9 hours ago, The Jboy Show said:

Not that I'm looking to bash any past staff, but can you tell if our OL recruiting has been meaningfully upgraded with Chad and Bick on the staff?

44 minutes ago, The Jboy Show said:

I think Amarius has been to Auburn about 12 times so there is a sturdy relationship there. I think playing time is the biggest factor.

I was talking length of & having the best relationship. It usually takes at least a year to build up a relationship enough for a coach or staff to win an elite recruit no?

5 hours ago, Beaker said:

yes but playing time is huge you have always said

Yes but I've also said & heard from guys like Keith that Best relationship usually win even more than a factor like PT so my statement was going off that history.

This thread seems identical to the one for Broderick Jones last year. I hope the outcome is different. 😄🦅

27 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

This thread seems identical to the one for Broderick Jones last year. I hope the outcome is different. 😄🦅

Someone else made the same comparison somewhere.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

I was talking length of & having the best relationship. It usually takes at least a year to build up a relationship enough for a coach or staff to win an elite recruit no?

It does but some of the guys on the staff who have been there have a relationship as well. That isn’t Bicknells area but obviously he is heavily involved in the recruitment. Most of the staff is as a matter of fact.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yes but I've also said & heard from guys like Keith that Best relationship usually wind even more than a factor like PT so my statement was going off that history.

I have heard the same thing. In this case both teams have new O-Line coach's with one at UGA who was at Ole Miss so probably already had a relationship  that should help UGA.  My next question is who is his area recruiter if it was somebody like Rodney Garner there would have been a long term relationship there. So if it was Garner I would feel we might have at least an equal chance based on relationship. Not knowing who his area recruiter was it is hard for me to say which team has better long term relationship. The fact he has visited Auburn around 14 times also helps.  Being from Ga. helps UGA.   What makes this tough is the young man is keeping his recruitment close to the vest and does not seem to be playing games. 

I think we have a fighting chance and am glad we are still in the running and that it is close. I will be ecstatic if we get him as this would then be a great O-line class plus whoever else we get. If we don't get him we are in much better shape then in the past with players who have announced they are committed to us and one we are still in on.

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Coach Bicknell was Ole Miss’s OL coach under Matt Luke last year, so he probably had a relationship with Mims at some level last year as well. 

1 hour ago, WarEagle2423 said:

Coach Bicknell was Ole Miss’s OL coach under Matt Luke last year, so he probably had a relationship with Mims at some level last year as well. 

Thanks @WarEagle2423! Not sure why I was thinking he came here straight from the NFL.

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

its a marginal difference, and probably only due to what insiders you follow, but alot of guys made it seem like auburn was even slightly ahead after the early NSD

it makes me feel better with most people being transparent that we're still behind the 8 ball this time

Archived