Bo Nix Highlights from UK game

Tigerpro2a

The TD pass to Seth where he had to SKY for the ball...  This worries me because I feel like he is narrowing in on receivers and not also looking underneath.  That throw was VERY high risk.  He could have thrown underneath to Shivers for safer throw and VERY likely still a TD.

JMO

2 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

The TD pass to Seth where he had to SKY for the ball...  This worries me because I feel like he is narrowing in on receivers and not also looking underneath.  That throw was VERY high risk.  He could have thrown underneath to Shivers for safer throw and VERY likely still a TD.

JMO

I will never hate a on a QB for throwing an absolute dime that no one can catch besides the WR, but I do get where you are coming from. I think when he stays in the pocket a little better instead of drifting will help with that. He was drifting right. so eyes went right. I believe I saw Shanker running a corner wide open as well. 

37 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I will never hate a on a QB for throwing an absolute dime that no one can catch besides the WR, but I do get where you are coming from. I think when he stays in the pocket a little better instead of drifting will help with that. He was drifting right. so eyes went right. I believe I saw Shanker running a corner wide open as well. 

I agree with your statement. In this league now, the elite qbs and offenses are the ones that are making those attempts in the red zone. I would continue to call seths number in 50-50 balls until he starts getting beat. 

46 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

JMO

Not just Shivers.  Capers had his man beat over the middle as well.  It would have been a much easier throw.

For the first time in a long time, a defense has to double one of our WRs, and we have a coordinator with good route trees, and we have a QB who can spin it. Those 3 things haven’t existed at the same time in a long time. Some TEs and RBs are going to have some opportunities this week. 

11 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

For the first time in a long time, a defense has to double one of our WRs, and we have a coordinator with good route trees, and we have a QB who can spin it. Those 3 things haven’t existed at the same time in a long time. Some TEs and RBs are going to have some opportunities this week. 

It was so awful last year to see UGA’s gassed secondary clamp down on Seth’s posts/outside dig, Schwartz screen and us doing absolutely nothing different to challenge those type casts. Hope we have Kirby sobbing for some type of rule change that bans Chad 

40 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

AS was wide open on that Seth Williams TD (the first one). 

Screenshot at the point of release.  Shivers and AS both were there, as was the pocket.  No reason to roll out and make a dangerous throw.

As much as I love Seth, he's almost too good in that Bo immediately looks for him instead of surveying the field sometimes.

Screenshot_20200928-184015.png

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Screenshot at the point of release.  Shivers and AS both were there, as was the pocket.  No reason to roll out and make a dangerous throw.

Bet they showed him this right after that drive. Gotta take the high percentage throws - it will help open everything else up in the long run as well. 

2 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

JMO

High risk? How so? No one could catch it but Seth. Now we are bitchin about TDs? It was a perfectly thrown ball to a WR who could go get it. Even Jordan Rogers said so. Your comment is dumber than dumb.

11 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

High risk? How so? No one could catch it but Seth. Now we are bitchin about TDs? It was a perfectly thrown ball to a WR who could go get it. Even Jordan Rogers said so. Your comment is dumber than dumb.

No one is bitching about a TD.  But to not look at the blatantly obvious and notate that there were two safer options, one of which easily leads to the same result of a score, is foolish.  It's possible to make a great play and have it be the wrong decision.  It just worked out in our favor this time.

Try that throw against Bama or UGA and see what happens.

15 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

I think it was the highest risk option on that play, but I still like it. As long as Bo throws it the way he did...then the throw itself isn't super high risk IMO. He placed it perfectly, but it would be naive to say the least to not acknowledge the other routes that were easier completions. 

Bo is still a young Qb who does some young Qb things.  He’ll get better as the season goes and he gets more reps in Chad’s offense.  He gets his shot next week to lead this team on the road against one of the best defenses in the country.  He’ll either take that next step or he’ll struggle like he did at Florida and LSU.  

2 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

JMO

This. That should've been a worm TD, imo. Much riskier throw that worked out

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Not just Shivers.  Capers had his man beat over the middle as well.  It would have been a much easier throw.

Nix has to build trust with the others .

williams is going to be covered eventually and he will have to quit staring Seth down . 

3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

No one is bitching about a TD.  But to not look at the blatantly obvious and notate that there were two safer options, one of which easily leads to the same result of a score, is foolish.  It's possible to make a great play and have it be the wrong decision.  It just worked out in our favor this time.

Try that throw against Bama or UGA and see what happens.

It wasn't the safest option, but it was also a PERFECT throw. If he threw that against Bama or UGA, it still would've been a TD because it was out of reach of the UK DBs. Sometimes, being a great QB is knowing who you can trust to come down with it, and only putting the ball where they can get it.  I get your point though. He needs to not just fixate on Williams on every play. Eventually someone is going to anticipate it and make just the right move to get in front of Williams for the ball.

4 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

As much as I love Seth, he's almost too good in that Bo immediately looks for him instead of surveying the field sometimes.

Finally a Texas route! 

It would've been a much easier pass and would've easily scored.  As much as others are praising the throw and catch (which I'm thrilled it worked out), Chad will be showing this play as a "teaching moment". The correct pass would've been to Schwartz or Shivers.

Screenshot_20200928-230147.png

Screenshot_20200928-230228.png

To throw to seth means forcing it over two defenders, one that is there to make a play. The pass to Schwartz is unimpeded with a much lower risk factor and an easier path to the EZ

5 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

Thank you for such a constructive response. But if you can't see the DB that barely missed the ball right in front of Seth vs the other 2 wide open WR. Well then there is not much else to discuss. 

Give Nix a little credit for going to SW on this one. He is used to our offense dying inside the 10. He is used to us not getting TD's inside the redzone so he went for the TD instead of possibly coming up short by not throwing to the endzone.

46 minutes ago, RHN1975 said:

Give Nix a little credit for going to SW on this one. He is used to our offense dying inside the 10. He is used to us not getting TD's inside the redzone so he went for the TD instead of possibly coming up short by not throwing to the endzone.

At the same time you have to hold him accountable and raise our expectations. The outcome was a win, but at a high risk. He needs to be able to read it better. IMO, he knew where he was throwing it before he even read the defense and that won't always turn out to be a win. He had 3 better/safer options that all would've turned into TDs. Beside Shivers and Schwartz, Shenker had leveraged the safety and a pass to the back pylon scores uncontested

Archived