Final presidential debate

TitanTiger

Thus far this debate is far more substantive and far more listenable. Shutting up long enough to let the other person answer tends to do that.  Trump seems to have finally gotten it through his head that his tactics last time hurt him.

Also, this moderator is doing the best job of any this cycle.  Easily.

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Thus far this debate is far more substantive and far more listenable. Shutting up long enough to let the other person answer tends to do that.  Trump seems to have finally gotten it through his head that his tactics last time hurt him.

Wow! I actually agree with you.

Health care is a losing topic for Trump.  He's claimed a new, beautiful better plan is coming for years and there's still no plan so he doesn't have the gravitas to be taken seriously on it.

15 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Certainly better than before and the moderator is doing a good job. Unfortunately all I hear is garbage coming each of them. I don't think even they believe what they are saying. But I admit to being incredibly cynical.

Immigration:

Trump scores points with the "Obama built the cages, not me."

Biden's comments on DACA kids - 20,000 of them being first responders right now was a solid punch.

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Immigration:

Biden's comments on DACA kids - 20,000 of them being first responders right now was a solid punch.

Trump’s proud of those clean cages. Spotless!

18 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Immigration:

But his implication was that they are only earning minimum wage. Are first responders earning minimum wage? I don't know but I doubt that.

2 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

But his implication was that they are only earning minimum wage. Are first responders earning minimum wage? I don't know but I doubt that.

I thought it was in the context of wanting to raise the minimum wage to $15.  According to the numbers I'm finding on job recruiting sites, the majority of first responder salaries range between $27,000 to $42,000 across the United States. $27,000 works out to about $12.90 an hour.

8 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

"This guy (is/has - could make it out) a dog whistle as big as a foghorn."  :lol:

Maybe Joe could fall back as a comedian. Also Joe just screwed up big time on the oil industry question.

Just now, ArgoEagle said:

Maybe Joe could fall back as a comedian. Also Joe just screwed up big time on the oil industry question.

I agree that he should not have gone after the oil industry.

Both of these guys are painful to listen to at times.  Trump is so disjointed.  Half thoughts and incomplete sentences.  One sentence barely relates to the one before it.  Biden stammers and stumbles, uses the wrong term and has to correct himself.  

Biden did very well on the last question and Trump sort of fumbled it.  Missed opportunity.

Overall, a much better debate than the first one.  Kudos to the moderator and to the candidates for a much improved offering.

Kind of thought it was a stalemate, which fundamentally is a win for Biden since he's up in the polls.  Trump needed something big to go in his direction tonight and I didn't see it.

And yes, moderator was great, but I also think the muting of the mics for the first part of each section set the right tone.

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Kind of thought it was a stalemate, which fundamentally is a win for Biden since he's up in the polls.  Trump needed something big to go in his direction tonight and I didn't see it.

And yes, moderator was great, but I also think the muting of the mics for the first part of each section set the right tone.

Agreed.  It and the reviews Trump got for the first debate - which outside of the Hannity Groupie Club were universally negative changed the approach and we all benefitted from it.

30 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Among EMT's here in Alabama, I can answer im the affirmative.

Well in the sense that they would be were the MW raised to 15. 30,000 per annum not rare here. 

26 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Both of these guys are painful to listen to at times.  Trump is so disjointed.  Half thoughts and incomplete sentences.  One sentence barely relates to the one before it.  Biden stammers and stumbles, uses the wrong term and has to correct himself.  

I only caught the last 4 questions, but felt like Biden stuttered more often than in the first debate. Also agree with @Grumpsand @ArgoEagle that his answer to the oil industry was shakey. Trump was Trump, though, and hopefully anyone with a brain would notice that it's bad if you have to pretend the person you're debating is an idiot in your answer.

Also felt like Biden missed an opportunity on Trump's answer on the families in Texas having issues with factory polutants pointing out that lives don't really mean anything to Trump, only $.

Just saw 4 video clips of Joe Biden saying: "I will ban fracking!"

Tonight's bald face lie: "I never said I would ban fracking"

Then has the balls to say we should judge him on his character. Wow wee!!

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

Just saw 4 video clips of Joe Biden saying: "I will ban fracking!"

Tonight's bald face lie: "I never said I would ban fracking"

Then has the balls to say we should judge him on his character. Wow wee!!

And you get a time out from Twitter, Facebook, and the Cool Kids Club...lmao...

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Have you ever had speak for 90 minutes at a time? 

I once had to manage a day long seminar which including several sessions presented by me. My vocal cords were aching toward the end. And it's difficult to maintain your mental focus. (And this was with frequent breaks.)

Anyway, I noticed several stumbles by Biden but his performance totally dispelled any doubts I have about his ability to do the job mentally and physically.

I agree about Trump. It was extremely disjointed and very revealing about his personality.  He is not fit for the office.

1 hour ago, Grumps said:

I agree that he should not have gone after the oil industry.

He wasn't "going after the oil industry", he was telling us the basic facts regarding reducing carbon emissions..

I am not surprised you don't see it.

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Trump keeps up with the lie about Biden calling black people "super predators."  

It would be interesting to see a fact check on both candidates statements.

Regarding style - a subjective evaluation - Trump has always been a snake oil salesman. This debate didn't change that. (See his "beautiful" health care plan).

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Trump keeps up with the lie about Biden calling black people "super predators."  

A listener has to very informed to appreciate just how lies he told.

Trump Doesn’t Care

Archived