Face It: The Football Gods Want Auburn to Keep Malzahn

Malcolm_FleX48

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Don’t look now, but LSU up on SC 31-10 in the 2nd Q..

I think you underestimate the evil we are up against...

LSU is going to look great today just to fall apart next week so Gus gets his “big victory” and secures another year. 

9 minutes ago, BurtonJ20 said:

LSU is going to look great today just to fall apart next week so Gus gets his “big victory” and secures another year. 

So you want Auburn to lose?

thats worse than the coach and team we have. They will work to win

Don’t worry because it’s gonna be us on the receiving end of bad calls soon enough, because they seem to go in cycles!

1 minute ago, TigerOne said:

So you want Auburn to lose?

thats worse than the coach and team we have. They will work to win

I’ve made it clear over and over again. 
I will NEVER wish to lose. I’ve literally made that statement today in response to others that want Gus gone. 

However, I am convinced Gus was a terrible hire and will always be mediocre. 

He has a pattern. 4 weeks to learn offensive identity during which he has one to two bad losses. Seat gets hot and he coaches for his life. Team starts winning. Heat goes down. Gus goes back to losing.  
Rinse/repeat. 

I want to beat LSU no matter what. I’m saying this is seat on fire Gus and I don’t care how good LSU looks tonight. Next week I expect Gus to win because I don’t think he survives the year if he loses to UGA, LSU, Bama, A&M (And USCe). The man is a survivor. 

17 minutes ago, BurtonJ20 said:

Now that cracks me up when you put it like that*^

4 minutes ago, BurtonJ20 said:

I’ve made it clear over and over again. 
I will NEVER wish to lose. I’ve literally made that statement today in response to others that want Gus gone. 

However, I am convinced Gus was a terrible hire and will always be mediocre. 

He has a pattern. 4 weeks to learn offensive identity during which he has one to two bad losses. Seat gets hot and he coaches for his life. Team starts winning. Heat goes down. Gus goes back to losing.  
Rinse/repeat. 

I want to beat LSU no matter what. I’m saying this is seat on fire Gus and I don’t care how good LSU looks tonight. Next week I expect Gus to win because I don’t think he survives the year if he loses to UGA, LSU, Bama, A&M (And USCe). The man is a survivor. 

Sadly I think 5-5 (our likeliest record at this point) would at very least be the bare minimum to stay--actually, the bare minimum might be lower than that. IDK what it is.

3 hours ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

This was the last chance we had.

I’ve lived and died with every fall Saturday since the late 70’s and I’d never imagine such a comment.    

we are so much more than this BS!   

11 minutes ago, lala said:

I’ve lived and died with every fall Saturday since the late 70’s and I’d never imagine such a comment.    

we are so much more than this BS!   

Big picture here is more than just this season's wins and losses.

Understand that there is unprecedented parity within the conference right now. We are also in a state where Auburn is quickly losing conference influence and appeal to out of state recruits. 

That leaves us with only in state talent to recruit from to have much of a chance and sadly Alabama has a monopoly on that talent.

Auburn will be out-recruited in FL by Florida and Miami, out-leveraged in Mississippi by Ole miss. (Miss State really isn't that good since Leach is burning out good will.) And they won't even be able to sniff the GA pipeline. Auburn looks more and more like a punchline on social media, anemic in games, and outdated in terms of superficial appeal.

This is the start of a death spiral unless a new coach is brought in to revitalize the program. 

3 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Understand that there is unprecedented parity within the conference right now. We are also in a state where Auburn is quickly losing conference influence and appeal to out of state recruits. 

That leaves us with only in state talent to recruit from to have much of a chance and sadly Alabama has a monopoly on that talent.

Auburn will be out-recruited in FL by Florida and Miami, out-leveraged in Mississippi by Ole miss. (Miss State really isn't that good since Leach is burning out good will.) And they won't even be able to sniff the GA pipeline. Auburn looks more and more like a punchline on social media, anemic in games, and outdated in terms of superficial appeal.

This is the start of a death spiral unless a new coach is brought in to revitalize the program. 

Well put.  I am amazed at those who can't see the forest for the trees. 

1 minute ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

That’s deep.  I disagree totally.  But it’s definitely deep.  

4 minutes ago, Amwest20 said:

That’s deep.  I disagree totally.  But it’s definitely deep.  

Well, can you tell me what the appeal would be to come out of state to play for AU over staying in your home state where family can watch you play?  Other than AU being the only big school that offers you? 

Thats bottom tier recruiting which requires development, development that this staff isn't to be trusted with. 

What’s funny is there are a couple people giddy about a one TD victory against a 1-4 ole miss squad. I am glad we won but I am not at all confident we will beat anyone else besides miss state 

14 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

That has nothing to do with pulling against our team and if you cannot see that.....

4 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Well, can you tell me what the appeal would be to come out of state to play for AU over staying in your home state where family can watch you play?  Other than AU being the only big school that offers you? 

Thats bottom tier recruiting which requires development, development that this staff isn't to be trusted with. 

Because we’re Auburn.

6 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

So you think that rooting for another to beat your team is the way to make change?   Interesting 😂 

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

What’s funny is there are a couple people giddy about a one TD victory against a 1-4 ole miss squad. I am glad we won but I am not at all confident we will beat anyone else besides miss state 

That is a great point.   Be happy we won.... doesn’t mean we are where we happy where we are or where we should be!    

If God cared about football then he clearly loves having us have a bunch of mediocre seasons mixed in with miracle seasons. When Has God EVER wanted us to take that next step and be a consistently great program? If He did we would of made a splash hire in football JUST FREAKING ONCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But no the splashiest hire we have made on paper is a .500 Ole Miss coach! lol. Some of the others were Samford, Iowa State and Arkansas state!!! BAHAHAHHA WEAAAAAAAAAAAAAK. Dye was not a splashy hire either from East Carolina but at least that turned out to be AWESOME!!! WOOOO!!!!!!! WHERE IS OUR PROVEN HEAD COACH BRUCE PEARL HIRE FOR FOOTBALL DAMNIT?!?!?

14 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

If God cared about football then he clearly loves having us have a bunch of mediocre seasons mixed in with miracle seasons. When Has God EVER wanted us to take that next step and be a consistently great program? If He did we would of made a splash hire in football JUST FREAKING ONCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But no the splashiest hire we have made on paper is a .500 Ole Miss coach! lol. Some of the others were Samford, Iowa State and Arkansas state!!! BAHAHAHHA WEAAAAAAAAAAAAAK. Dye was not a splashy hire either from East Carolina but at least that turned out to be AWESOME!!! WOOOO!!!!!!! WHERE IS OUR PROVEN HEAD COACH BRUCE PEARL HIRE FOR FOOTBALL DAMNIT?!?!?

I don't know if God cares about the outcome of the game or not but just remember that he cared about the Israelites and they wandered around lost in the desert for 40 years. We're only in year 8. 😬

3 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I don't know if God cares about the outcome of the game or not but just remember that he cared about the Israelites and they wandered around lost in the desert for 40 years. We're only in year 8. 😬

You really know how to set the mood. Thanks! :drippingsarcasm7pa:

40 minutes ago, Amwest20 said:

Because we’re Auburn.

LOL. Yay! We are Auburn. That is a ridiculous reaction to a well thought out evaluation by Flex. How much did we capitalize on the NC in our recruiting? Unlike Clemson, and others, we spiraled downward afterwards, and had to fire the coach who led us there.

43 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I agree with everything in this post.....except Dye came from Wyoming. Still hoping Cristobal is somehow AU’s coach next year. WWWWOOOOO!!!LFG!!!!!!!!!

13 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

LOL. Yay! We are Auburn. That is a ridiculous reaction to a well thought out evaluation by Flex. How much did we capitalize on the NC in our recruiting? Unlike Clemson, and others, we spiraled downward afterwards, and had to fire the coach who led us there.

I hate that you feel that way.  I don’t see what’s so ridiculous about thinking the Auburn brand itself is a good selling point.  

17 minutes ago, fredst said:

I agree with everything in this post.....except Dye came from Wyoming. Still hoping Cristobal is somehow AU’s coach next year. WWWWOOOOO!!!LFG!!!!!!!!!

Why did I think he came from East Carolina. Was that Sullivan who was Head Coach there? WHO WAS HEAD COACH AT EAST CAROLINA PREVIOUSLY IN THE AUBURM FAMBLY?!??! lol

Archived