So we lose a top tier TB.

Old fan 47

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get used to it friend. The bottom is falling out of this program, and the sand will start falling out of the jar faster, and faster as it spirals out of the hole in the bottom.

Maybe he got told that Gustav’s time was up and wants to find greener pastures or wait and see who the new coach is. 

If you're Allen Greene or a fat cat donor how can you not see the writing on the wall at this point? Our current class is terrible, we just lost a cornerstone commit in said bad class, and our top 15 classes of the past just got BTFO'd by our two biggest rivals in year eight. These are the death throes of a coaching staff. If we get pasted by the Aggies on Saturday then he needs to be gone Sunday. 

12 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

If you're Allen Greene or a fat cat donor how can you not see the writing on the wall at this point? Our current class is terrible, we just lost a cornerstone commit in said bad class, and our top 15 classes of the past just got BTFO'd by our two biggest rivals in year eight. These are the death throes of a coaching staff. If we get pasted by the Aggies on Saturday then he needs to be gone Sunday. 

I just don’t believe they care enough to overcome the $$$ and the optics. 

1 minute ago, Tiger Refuge said:

But I was assured earlier today that a bunch of top tier recruits were about to fall(silently, of course) into our laps.

“No doubt.”

49 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

Maybe he got told that Gustav’s time was up and wants to find greener pastures or wait and see who the new coach is. 

More like maybe he sees Auburn has no commitment to the football program and is stuck with Malzahn for the foreseeable future..yeah, that’s more like it.

37 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Because they’re not facing the wall? Can’t see what you’re not looking at...

1 hour ago, tbone1430 said:

Based on Anthony Schwartz’s tweet you may be right.  He tweeted a picture of dominos falling.

Is this the worst week ever in Auburn history?

BBall self imposes a post season ban

NCAA does not grant Cooper eligibility

Got waxed by Gonzaga

Laid an egg vs UCF

Football team lays an egg vs bama

Top running back recruit jumps ship

10 minutes ago, Randy4AU said:

To paraphrase a title of a Steely Dan album--Auburn "Can't Buy a Thrill."

Only a damn fool would say that.............................only the beginning

8 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Is this the worst week ever in Auburn history?

BBall self imposes a post season ban

NCAA does not grant Cooper eligibility

Got waxed by Gonzaga

Laid an egg vs UCF

Football team lays an egg vs bama

Top running back recruit jumps ship

Need to be prepared to drink a lot and I mean a lot of beer the next few weeks

13 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Need to be prepared to drink a lot and I mean a lot of beer the next few weeks

Beer is what I drink to celebrate; so you’re telling me Gus to Vandy and Urban to AU?

1 hour ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Because they’re not facing the wall? Can’t see what you’re not looking at...

You're right. They're probably doing hours of navel gazing because our leadership never does anything else. 

But guuuyyyyyyyz if we ever fire Gus we turn into Tennessee!

We can't risk becoming a mean, nasty program that actually cares about winning! We need an Auburn maaaaaaaaaan!

CleCo, Friction, where y'all at?

We only have to suffer ooooone more even year of Gus.

Unfortunately, I was reading a thread on the WDE subreddit and it was all basically "welllllll guyyyyyz Saban exists so we should just lie down and be a patsy!" It's that type of sentiment my post in the "proof AU is elite tier" was directed at. No, we're not going to be as good as Saban, but there is no reason we can't win 9-10 games a year.

Archived