Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

1 hour ago, tbone1430 said:

I can’t remember if Freeze was good at pulling offensive linema

Was at Ole Miss from 2012-2017 classes

Tunsil 5*
Greg Little 5*
Golson 4*
Rod Taylor High 4*
Javon Patterson High 4*
Bryce Matthews 4*

And with the resources AU has he wouldn't have to color outside the lines as overtly to get the talent.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

So everyone will be comfortable with Auburn being on probation after 2 years with Freeze? Good to know

Freeze won't have to be involved that way like he was at Ole Miss.

I like Cristobal and Napier because as Asst. HC and Recruiting Coordinator at Bama, respectively, I'm hopeful they managed to get copies of whatever incriminating photos Saban has on Mark Emmert 😅

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Was at Ole Miss from 2012-20167 classes

Tunsil 5*
Greg Little 5*
Golson 4*
Rod Taylor High 4*
Javon Patterson High 4*
Bryce Matthews 4*

And with the resources AU has he wouldn't have to color outside the lines as overtly to get the talent.

Cool that’s good to know. Again not arguing but I had just looked on 247 and Cristobal from 2013-2021 has signed *twenty* four or 5 star offensive lineman. That really caught my attention. But I can definitely see that Freeze can get elite talent also so I would be good with either of the guys. 

8 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Elite?

Arky St. 10-2

Ole Miss 7-6,8-5,9-4,10-3,5-7

Liberty. 8-5, 9-1

2-2 in bowls

Notable assistants - Tom Allen and Matt Luke

What is elite about anything he’s done in his coaching career. He had a 10 win season at Ole Miss when they had Chad Kelly and a butt load of talent at receiver.  And he won a Sugar Bowl. 

He’s having a good season at Liberty where they have notable wins over such powerhouses as Virginia Tech, Western Carolina, UMass, Southern Miss, North Alabama, LA Monroe, Syracuse, FIU, and Western Kentucky. 

That’s it. 

When you look at those records and factor in where they were accomplished, it IS an impressive record. I'd say that the only thing separating Freeze from actual "elite" status is being in an elite head coaching position. AU just might qualify as one of the elite with two SEC Championships, two shots at a national championship and one national championship outright in the last ten years. I don't expect Malzahn to be fired this year, but if he is, I for one would like to see what Freeze could do with all the resources available to him as the AU head coach.

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Freeze may run a better offense than Gus, but it feels like the two guys have the same claim to fame.

The only thing they have remotely the same is they came from high school & they both like to go fast (supposedly in Gus's case). Not sure where people are getting this good ole boy hire stuff from but that's not Freeze.

I just don’t see how Freeze can walk into a room after Saban, Kirby, Mullen, O, or Kiffin and walk out with a recruit feeing like he’s the guy that can get him to the promised land

Really? After what he did on the trail at Ole Miss which has nowhere near the resources AU has.

Just another high school football coach with an exciting offense and a white visor. 

Respectfully wrong.

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Elite?

Arky St. 10-2

Ole Miss 7-6,8-5,9-4,10-3,5-7

Liberty. 8-5, 9-1

2-2 in bowls

What is elite about anything he’s done in his coaching career. He had a 10 win season at Ole Miss when they had Chad Kelly and a butt load of talent at receiver.  And he won a Sugar Bowl. 

He’s having a good season at Liberty where they have notable wins over such powerhouses as Virginia Tech, Western Carolina, UMass, Southern Miss, North Alabama, LA Monroe, Syracuse, FIU, and Western Kentucky. 

That’s it. 

Arkansas State: Inherited a team that went 4-8 the year prior to him being hired and turned them into a 10-2 team with the same crap roster his predecessor left behind.

Ole Miss: 4-8 and 2-10 in the two years prior to Freeze taking over. 7 wins with a roster that went 2-10 the year prior in his first season. Constant improvement to 8, 9, and then 10 wins in the next three years. Had Ole Miss competing with Alabama, LSU, and us within 2-3 years on the job after inheriting a mess. During that stretch he came a hair away from beating Saban three STRAIGHT times.

Liberty: Inherited a team that went 6-6 the year prior to him being hired and went 8-5 in his first season. 9-1 currently in his second season and at LIBERTY has a win over Virginia Tech this year, and a 1-point loss to an 8-3 NC State team. Oh yeah, he has Malik Willis - the guy that had to transfer out of here - playing like an NFL prospect.

Do you get it now? Hugh Freeze has three straight stops of inheriting literal garbage, and not only showing yearly growth and progression with every roster - but his immediate impact in transforming losing rosters into winning rosters is quite clear. His offense works (it hasn't been stopped anywhere) and most importantly he knows how to utilize and showcase quarterbacks. His players also love playing for him, and he's an aggressive recruiter (see: was too aggressive at Ole Miss lol).

Hugh Freeze is everything that Gus Malzahn was supposed to be when we hired him.

44 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

If Hugh Freeze wasn't such a sleaze I'd be very excited for him.

He's a lot less of a sleaze than Urban which I have seen a lot of people wanting.

32 minutes ago, metafour said:

Hugh Freeze is an elite coach. Why would we want to hire him? Take a look at his resume.

When I 100% agree with Meta...

Scared Kumail Nanjiani GIF by Team Coco - Find & Share on GIPHY

2 minutes ago, metafour said:

Arkansas State: Inherited a team that went 4-8 the year prior to him being hired and turned them into a 10-2 team with the same crap roster his predecessor left behind.

Ole Miss: 4-8 and 2-10 in the two years prior to Freeze taking over. 7 wins with a roster that went 2-10 the year prior in his first season. Constant improvement to 8, 9, and then 10 wins in the next three years. Had Ole Miss competing with Alabama, LSU, and us within 2-3 years on the job after inheriting a mess. During that stretch he came a hair away from beating Saban three STRAIGHT times.

Liberty: Inherited a team that went 6-6 the year prior to him being hired and went 8-5 in his first season. 9-1 currently in his second season and at LIBERTY has a win over Virginia Tech this year, and a 1-point loss to an 8-3 NC State team. Oh yeah, he has Malik Willis - the guy that had to transfer out of here - playing like an NFL prospect.

Do you get it now? Hugh Freeze has three straight stops of inheriting literal garbage, and not only showing yearly growth and progression with every roster - but his immediate impact in transforming losing rosters into winning rosters is quite clear. His offense works (it hasn't been stopped anywhere) and most importantly he knows how to utilize and showcase quarterbacks. His players also love playing for him, and he's an aggressive recruiter (see: was too aggressive at Ole Miss lol).

Hugh Freeze is everything that Gus Malzahn was supposed to be when we hired him.

he had one nine win season and one ten win season during his tenure at ole miss 

Gus has atleast one ten win season and one nine win season at Auburn as HC 

if we are basically settling for almost the same results then dont bother firing Gus

i will support Auburn if Gus is here next year or if he is replaced by freeze. but i dont see the glitter yall see with freeze

51 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

I reckon that's why MIT, Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Northwestern, Vanderbilt and Duke (etc.)  all have such bad reputations and struggle to draw students.

We’re looking for athlete’s, not students...😎

35 minutes ago, soblfly said:

He's also a good friend of the current HC, and was also a very respected high school coach.. Are we going after apples on the same tree?

I wouldn't call them good friends. More like aquaintances that respect & understand each other's journey.

1 minute ago, metafour said:

Malzahn inherited a team that went 3-8 and was 30 seconds from winning a Natty in his next year. But I think we can all agree that Malzahn isn’t elite. 

I will give you this. Hugh Freeze is the best coach Arky St, Ole Miss, and Liberty have had. And is probably an improvement over Gus. But how on earth can you use the word elite on a guy that has resurrected 3 programs and has a Sugar Bowl and a Sunbelt conference championship to show for his 9 years as a head coach.

We would for sure have a more competitive offense under him, but resurrecting 3 s**t a** football programs doesn’t exactly instill the confidence in me that he is going to be able to run 10-2+ seasons at Auburn regularly and be able to contend with Bama, Georgia, Florida, and LSU long term. 

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

The DC job was the same one he had at Auburn.  If he loved it so much, why leave?   Money!! It shows no love for that institution.   That’s all I was getting at 

They all love money. I think he liked his time at Auburn. Just speculation. I don’t know the guy. 

54 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

I reckon that's why MIT, Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Northwestern, Vanderbilt and Duke (etc.)  all have such bad reputations and struggle to draw students.

Gotta say, you really miss the mark. BADLY. I know you are thinking academically, but when it comes to athletics and drawing as many apps as they can, those schools throw down.

Trust me, when Harvard started to recruit nationally and offer scholarships in a league that DID NOT have scholarship athletes, you better bet your bum that Yale responded, and let a beloved coach who had been there for years and had MULTIPLE Championships, go.  Trust me Yale did.  So did Princeton.  Then Colombia.  It has created a true sense of parity in a league that Hahavad (sweet Jesus, that name is awful to say that many times)had DOMINATED for ten years.

Sometime, you gotta let stuff go, put on your man pants and make things happen. Auburn Athletics could learn from this. A LOT.

And believe me, Clemson and Alabama are NOT in the same universe as those institutions. Neither is Auburn or Vanderbilt (wannabees). 

I know I am biased, but the Ivy schools have earned the reputation they have.

And having a multi-billion dollar endowment doesn't hurt either.

1 minute ago, KnightTiger said:

he had one nine win season and one ten win season during his tenure at ole miss 

Gus has atleast one ten win season and one nine win season at Auburn as HC 

if we are basically settling for almost the same results then dont bother firing Gus

i will support Auburn if Gus is here next year or if he is replaced by freeze. but i dont see the glitter yall see with freeze

Having a 9 and 10 win season at Ole Miss is not even in the ball park when comparing that to the same seasons at Auburn

25 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

More than that. I saw 5 on a list on the Bunker including Indiana's DC who is helping them have a miracle season by their standards.

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Malzahn inherited a team that went 3-8 and was 30 seconds from winning a Natty in his next year. But I think we can all agree that Malzahn isn’t elite. 

Yeah, and then Malzahn went 8-5, 7-6, and 8-5 - so what point exactly are you making, because you HAVE NONE.

The point is that Freeze took over literal garbage and had them rolling almost immediately. The 9 and 10 win seasons in year three and four show that it wasn't a fluke like it was with Malzahn.

By the way, this was at OLE MISS. 

The reason why he doesn't quite obviously jump out as an elite coach to you is because he's never been at an ELITE PROGRAM. It takes two to tango, dumbo. He took an SEC West cellar dweller and turned it into a 10-win program.

Go take a look at Mullen's record at MSU and come back to me. Some of you don't appear to have the brain capacity to comprehend a little think called "context".

27 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Ole Miss 7-6,8-5,9-4,10-3

How can someone see this, understand the competition they deal with, & know the resource level there is poor related to conference they are in & not see that as elite work?

31 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Liberty. 8-5, 9-1

Also amazing for only being in their 2nd year at the FBS level.

29 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

If we were to hire Cristobal you couldn't  tickle me anymore if you stuck a feather up my a$$. But from a percentage stand point what are the chances we get MC?

At 1 time it was pretty good. Not sure about now with Texas supposedly courting him.

Archived