Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

Just now, Zeek said:

Brother I'm so depressed about Napier falling through I just went back to bed for the rest of the day. 

I was that way over Cristobal when I realized that wasn't happening but could have happened.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AUGrad1996 said:

I was that way over Cristobal when I realized that wasn't happening but could have happened.

Me too but I knew that Napier and Sark were still plausible. Napier was my last chance.

39 minutes ago, USATiger said:

Not going to argue, im one of those frontline healthcare folks.  Had it twice and can spit more facts than you all care to hear.  

Two guys on the team are cancer survivors with diminished immune systems, they played.   25 and under are at such a low risk the mortality rate stopped being reported worldwide months ago.  Fact.  Children's hospitals are broke due to lack of patients.  Fact.  Fairly high percentage of college athletes have asthma, none have been hospitalized this fall.  Fact.  Any way, the kid should've played the risk was minimal and that is science.  

But you acknowledge that there was a risk...so it’s his decision to play. 

Honestly, if you’re a frontline worker, I have to question your perception of reality. I would be happy to discuss these issues with you sometime, as I clearly have watched the worst of the worst of this pandemic on the daily. 

Ultimately, I am so angry about your take that I can’t see straight. 

‘72 is fighting for his life. KG just lost his. 

Read the room. This isn’t the topic to be discussing now, anyway. 

1 minute ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

*real life crashed in* 

Grandkids just marked on a door with permanent marker 🙄

BRB to this thread

They have markers do they? Do they know how to write? As in strongly worded letters?

Just now, AuburnNTexas said:

So far we have heard nothing from search committee but different people at different times have said Cristobal was sure thing, then Steele, then Napier, now Clark.   All this confusion is one of two things one people inside the committee are leaking information which is scaring candidates away or an awful lot of people are buying into the rumor mill and preaching as if it is gospel.

If from inside the President needs to take control or give AD enough control to take control. If people taking rumor mill as Gospel and passing it on shame on you as you are making Auburn look really bad.  At this point I hope we end up with a really good coach despite the way we have gone about it.

Pres should have stepped in long ago. Idk that he could do anything, but he could at least make some noise. As for the AD, I honestly think they have him gagged and bound to a chair in the basement of the Haley Center.

7 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

The bed, the floors, the walls...

Mods, not sure if this is against the rules or not, but it’s a perfect opportunity to use this gif. If it breaks the rules I will be glad to take it down.

BED232FC-C122-46D4-BAA6-54D7F2F5F238.gif

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Brother I'm so depressed about Napier falling through I just went back to bed for the rest of the day. 

I just want it over with, sadly.

1 minute ago, boisnumber1 said:

Pres should have stepped in long ago. Idk that he could do anything, but he could at least make some noise. As for the AD, I honestly think they have him gagged and bound to a chair in the basement of the Haley Center.

He is never gonna find his way out of there, has to be his first time in that maze!

17 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Before you get a warning for this, just know I enjoyed this post thoroughly 

Hopefully it's not taken as a divisive or controversial remark, just noting that large organizations are always looking for causes to get donors to give more. UAB is no different. 

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I feel you. I got so excited about it. And I’m honestly good with anyone that people have mentioned but Steele, Clark, or Brown.  I just can’t get excited about them. The only thing I like about Clark is that he has a hot wife and daughter. I know the daughter, and they are an all Bama family. 

Just now, boisnumber1 said:

Transfer portal about to be shorted out by the infusion of Auburn players.

I’d love to think that may wake the boosters up.

6 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

They have markers do they? Do they know how to write? As in strongly worded letters?

No, just a crooked letter B... only one Grand kid Has a name that starts with a B.. I got to teach that boy.. needs to be a little bit more sly if he’s gonna do stupid stuff 

23 minutes ago, AUDub said:

What has been made clear now is that this board is a freaking circle-jerk, our supposed "insiders" can't tell their butts from a hole in the ground and that we were pretty much primed to be immediately hostile to anyone the "influencers" on this board have deemed sub-par. 

This calls for some serious self-examination as a fan base. The boosters and BOT suck, yeah. The hardest thing to admit is that us rank and file alums and fans do too. 

Jeez no wonder a sunbelt coach shot us down. He'd have been pilloried by half the fanbase before he even saw the field. 

People were actually very excited about Napier. Don’t try and turn this around on the fans. We’ve thrown ourselves behind every half decent person who name has been brought up. 

Not really sure what is going on. I do think if we decide to let Gus go, we should have a plan. Any coach worth having should have his pick of staff. If that is what is screwing this up, shame on us. Likewise, going ballistic when we really don't know anything is counterproductive. I am an Auburn Alum and fan for my whole life and will support whoever is our next coach. I have seen the good and bad, and I believe in Auburn and love it. We should be able to get a top notch coach. We have the best job open right now. 

1 minute ago, gravejd said:

People were actually very excited about Napier. Don’t try and turn this around on the fans. We’ve thrown ourselves behind every half decent person who name has been brought up. 

I think just about every Auburn fan will take anyone that is not Steele, Clark, or N brown.

1 minute ago, wcware said:

Latest rumor is that Clark has also turned us down

If true, then is less of a surprise to me than Napier turning AU down. UAB is his adopted child; he's invested so much of his soul in that thing. Probably wants to at least roam the sideline of that shiny new stadium once before moving on. Just a thought.

Just now, tigeraddikt said:

If true, then is less of a surprise to me than Napier turning AU down. UAB is his adopted child; he's invested so much of his soul in that thing. Probably wants to at least roam the sideline of that shiny new stadium once before moving on. Just a thought.

I don’t know what to believe at the moment 

Archived