Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

2 minutes ago, WarEagle2423 said:

I'd forgotten what a fun part of a coaching change that is, once you get over the guys that are leaving. And that might take some time for me with some of our assistants. But I'll still be excited to see who comes on.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/oregon/Article/Oregon-Ducks-Football-Mario-Cristobal-contract-extension-long-term-auburn-156836934/Amp/

It is kind of old news now, (24 hrs)  but here it is anyway:

Since his hiring in December of 2017, Oregon head coach Mario Cristobal has been mentioned as a potential candidate for various other coaching jobs across college football. With Auburn parting way with Gus Malzahn on Sunday, Cristobal's name was immediately put forth as a candidate for the open position in Alabama. 

A follow-up report from The Oregonian's John Canzano says that he expects Oregon and Cristobal to come to terms on a long-term contract extension when the season is over. 

"Source at Oregon tells me Ducks were close to big extension with Mario Cristobal before pandemic hit. Talks have picked back up.

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

That would be kinda cool then as an additional note. 

Do y'all think Blogle cried himself to sleep last night? 

I hope so and I hope babyblogle is old enough to kick him in the nuts for me

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@DAG No. You tell me. Because from where I’m standing it kind of looks like it makes them right to this point.

Some insiders pointing to MC. Other insiders feeling confident that KS is the lead candidate. Other people sources claiming Cristobal already signed with Oregon. Prior to this, most had said this is a done deal. If we are being honest, this is a crap shoot. So like Stephan A Smith, it is legit like throwing darts.

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I like Franklin....I honestly think I would rather have MC. Definitely a 1a 1b type.

The thing with evaluating Mario is that no one knows how high the guy's ceiling is yet. He just hasn't been in his environment, which would be some southern program. I'll have to think that the reception he's garnered amongst the more neutral minded people I see in this fanbase, he might be the guy

2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Tank’s mom following MC isn’t that big of a deal. He was recruited by Oregon

Looks like the only coaches she follows outside of auburn tho is Cristobal and the DB coach at Clemson m.

Marcello on Finebaum, saying Steele still a possibility. Says he doesn't think Cristobal is going to leave Oregon. Not sure the dude knows anything.

On a side note, Marcello looks like a walking heart attack.

3 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I like Franklin....I honestly think I would rather have MC. Definitely a 1a 1b type.

I believe Franklin could be a homerun hire for Auburn. 

2 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

How would they know already who the staff would be, since we are still courting the HC? Just wondering? 

And any hints on staff names?

I imagine each HC candidate probably has to suggest some realistic names he'd like/want to bring in during interviews 

Just now, Eagle-1 said:

Marcello on Finebaum, saying Steele still a possibility. Says he doesn't think Cristobal is going to leave Oregon. Not sure the dude knows anything.

My point exactly lol 

8 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

If I had kids the age of MC's, I would break my neck getting to Auburn from Oregon. That's just me though.

I'm the complete opposite.  Oregon is gorgeous man.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Some insiders pointing to MC. Other insiders feeling confident that KS is the lead candidate. Other people sources claiming Cristobal already signed with Oregon. Prior to this, most had said this is a done deal. If we are being honest, this is a crap shoot. 

Cristobal would definitely lean in favor of our insiders here. Can't speak for folks elsewhere. 

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Looks like the only coaches she follows outside of auburn tho is Cristobal and the DB coach at Clemson m.

So the Clemson DB coach is going to be on his staff??!! 🙂

2 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

On a side note, Marcello looks like a walking heart attack.

Crapea is his source for what it is worth

I know some like to hate on Jboy/Jake, but I will say he isn’t just BSing anyone. I have some mutual friends with him and have talked to him a few times. He has legit sources. Just wanted to throw that out there and vouch for him. Don’t know much about the other guys associated with him though. 

1 minute ago, creed said:

I believe Franklin could be a homerun hire for Auburn. 

Has baggage he left in Nashville when he went to Penn State.
Surely we know about that abs would steer away. 

Archived