Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Replies on Jboy’s recruiters on recruiters post

For what it’s worth I’ve seen him hinted at also by a reputable connected on the bunker.

Oregon is playing in PAC 12 championship this Saturday.   If it is MC , don’t think an announcement would be made until after the weekend.  Hope this not one of those Rashad Evans, Reuben Foster and Cyrus kujo deals.   Where an Alabama guy trolls Auburn 

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

UTk has ran the full court press on him, as far as their boosters go. I suppose he was holding out for Auburn 

If what Jboy said was true about what the ncaa would do, that’s a pretty bold move by Tennessee 

11 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Give Gogue a lifetime extension 

For what? If we are able to land  Mario then it will have to come at convincing Gogue not to have the Long drawn out committee thing that he wants to.

2 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Who would make you happy. Serious question. We are not getting Meyer, Saban, Dabo, Coach O. There are not many pedagree coaches today since Bama and Clemson seem to be dominate.

Lane Kiffin.  But it is not happening. Whoever it is I have no say so the next Auburn coach is the one I pull for.

1 minute ago, aubaseball said:

Oregon is playing in PAC 12 championship this Saturday.   If it is MC , don’t think an announcement would be made until after the weekend.  Hope this not one of those Rashad Evans, Reuben Foster and Cyrus kujo deals.   Where an Alabama guy trolls Auburn 

Could be, but 17/18 year old highschoolers have time to be trolls... Not grown head coaches with a championship game to prepare for...

3 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Who would make you happy. Serious question. We are not getting Meyer, Saban, Dabo, Coach O. There are not many pedagree coaches today since Bama and Clemson seem to be dominate.

One of those is not like the other.

18 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

Mario following Auburn players could be the biggest AU troll of all time. It could also result in him getting a huge chunk of change from Nike and filling some gaps for next season's CFP run from Eugene. Just saying. 

I am not a twitterer.  Can you tell who is following who,  or is it a mutual thing?

May be our players are following Mario because of all this fodder about Mario on this board and others?

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

For what? If we are able to land  Mario then it will have to come at convincing Gogue not to have the Long drawn out committee thing that he wants to.

It was sarcasm lol but I do think he deserves a ton of credit for not letting the KS hire happen. If we indeed do get MC 

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

@bigbird with what you’re hearing about the  potential staff, any opinion on what happens to caddy? I know he’s one we were all hoping to retain.

IF MC is the coach , I hope he brings his own people and they are all new.

Just now, DAG said:

But would it really he Auburn football if half the staff wasn't made up of players?

Just now, DAG said:

I feel ya on that, but caddy is one that a lot of people have been very high on, bird too. So I was curious.  Just thought that he might be one that MC might see value in.

4 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Lane Kiffin.  But it is not happening. Whoever it is I have no say so the next Auburn coach is the one I pull for.

Not sure I see a pedigee with Kiffen. No titles that I know of? 

4 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

I’ve seen many posts from other SEC fanbases praying we don’t land MC. Do with that what you will...

Archived