48 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Who Are You Ghost GIF by Power

"It's a good fit for what we're trying to do."

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Beaker said:

"It's a good fit for what we're trying to do."

Now please tell me you don't think this gif was directed to recruiting by our coaches. Directed to the yellow one being a FIT

On 2/2/2021 at 5:29 AM, Tigerpro2a said:

I am not talking about players leaving for the NFL or quitting football all together to pursue rocket science, I am talking about players that end up transferring for whatever reason. 

To test your theory on that, I picked a random class from one of our rivals and looked at Roster attrition (minus NFL departures) from that class and it came to 24.1 percent. The same team when we look at the following year had 8 of 24 transfer. That is 33 percent. No where near 50%. The other noticeable thing, the ones who did transfer are no where near the top of that class' recruits where as our 2016 class saw 3 of top 5 exit.

I mean, if you want to compare a player bouncing for another school to a player successfully developing and leaving early for the league ...that is anecdotal. I see no comparison myself.  All attrition is not the same. I would call NFL positive attrition. The end is a net positive gain. The school gains notoriety and the coaches gain validity and show that they can develop NFL talent.

Deep dives don't seem to be a @Mikey kind of thing.  Pure surface level BS he trys to pander as if we're all idiots.

39 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Deep dives don't seem to be a @Mikey kind of thing.  Pure surface level BS he trys to pander as if we're all idiots.

All aren't idiots, but you should try the shoe on. I think it will fit.

2 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Long snappers...

Are a very important part of the offensive line corps. Have you yet to grasp that concept? As I said, try the shoe on.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Are a very important part of the offensive line corps. Have you yet to grasp that concept? As I said, try the shoe on.

Yes they are, just like punters are a very important part of the QB room because they field snaps from center.  Holders are QBs also for the same reason.  Kickers, well they are Running Backs because they don’t directly field the snap.

1 hour ago, dilligas said:

Yes they are, just like punters are a very important part of the QB room because they field snaps from center.  Holders are QBs also for the same reason.  Kickers, well they are Running Backs because they don’t directly field the snap.

I would love to see a 6'2 220 lb kicker with a 4.3 forty and 42 in vertical that can boot it 70 yards. He would be a beast in open field tackling!!!!

12 hours ago, dilligas said:

If a team has 18 scholarship offensive linemen and one of them is a long snapper, does that indicate that the team is short on numbers of O-linemen? Or should the fact that there are 17 others be the focus of attention?

38 minutes ago, Mikey said:

If a team has 18 scholarship offensive linemen and one of them is a long snapper, does that indicate that the team is short on numbers of O-linemen? Or should the fact that there are 17 others be the focus of attention?

When 14 of the 17 are guards or centers, then yes that is a huge indicator that the team is short on numbers.

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

When 14 of the 17 are guards or centers, then yes that is a huge indicator that the team is short on numbers.

That wasn't the case when you first got egg smeared on your face, as it isn't the case today. AU will have six O-tackles returning for the 2021 season, plus at least one signee. Want me to list them? Be careful, the last time you asked for a list it ended poorly for you.

38 minutes ago, Mikey said:

That wasn't the case when you first got egg smeared on your face, as it isn't the case today. AU will have six O-tackles returning for the 2021 season, plus at least one signee. Want me to list them? Be careful, the last time you asked for a list it ended poorly for you.

Yeah, I'm the one that looks foolish discussing the OL.  You're cluelessness continues to grow.

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

Anyone who says 14 of 17 OL are guards & Centers is sharing his/her opinion, but I don't think our coaching staff would have the same opinion.

1 hour ago, autan said:

Anyone who says 14 of 17 OL are guards & Centers is sharing his/her opinion, but I don't think our coaching staff would have the same opinion.

@autan FWIW it's an opinion held by Keith and a number of other people more knowledgable about football than most of us. Plus bird is a coach so his take on such things carries a bit more weight IMO.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@autan FWIW it's an opinion held by Keith and carries a bit more weight IMO.

He is a Big Bird! 😝 

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

@autan FWIW it's an opinion held by Keith and a number of other people more knowledgable about football than most of us. Plus bird is a coach so his take on such things carries a bit more weight IMO.

So we agree it's an opinion or a take and not necessarily a fact?

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Which of the following were not offensive tackles last season: Jackson, Hamm, Troxell, Council(swing man, but played tackle) Zierer, Coffey. Toss in Sammons for good measure, also a tackle but not much future. I count seven.

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Which of the following were not offensive tackles last season: Jackson, Hamm, Troxell, Council(swing man, but played tackle) Zierer, Coffey. Toss in Sammons for good measure, also a tackle but not much future. I count seven.

Were there 7 two years ago when you made your list? No.

1 hour ago, autan said:

So we agree it's an opinion or a take and not necessarily a fact?

It's an educated opinion & only the staff knows if they feel the same way but word is they do.

Archived