Softball “War Eagle Battle” Tournament Thread

Auburn comes back to defeat Kennesaw 4-3. KK Dismukes settled down after giving up a home run in the 3rd and pitched zeros the rest of the way. 

Packer and King made great plays in the outfield in the 7th. 

Feeling much better about this team after they came back to take two wins today.  Getting contributions from lots of players.  King having a really good year.   Cox turning into a consistent hitter.  Lowe seems to be the #1 pitcher right now.  We need Penta to get her mojo back, and Rivera to get plugged in.

Have to admire what the KSU coach is doing, playing Power 5 competition.  They've played UGA, Va. Tech, Auburn and Florida State.  They should be a favorite to win their own league.  Now a question:  From what I saw, Garcia was called out on her bunt in the 6th(?) because the thrown ball from the catcher hit her in the basepath.  If that's the case, why wouldn't the catcher just throw at the runner on bunts?  I must be misinterpreting something.  

No OW.  You are correct.  Garcia was almost 3 feet in fair territory.  The baserunner is supposed to run in the running lane which is in foul territory.  That's the additional line going toward first base.  If the ball hits the runner in fair ground, the ball is dead and the runner is out.  It is not unusual for a catcher to "gun" for the baserunner if they are spotted running in fair ground.  It was the correct call.

16 hours ago, all4AU said:

Packer and King made great plays in the outfield in the 7th. 

I've embedded the defensive highlights from yesterday's Kennesaw game that were on the Auburn Softball Twitter page.If you want to see the plays all4AU referenced, go to 1:51 in the video. Packer and King made the plays back to back.

Would also comment that on the FSU game, Lowe gave up a leadoff triple in the top of the 7th but kept FSU from getting the runner home.

• ellitor changed the title to Softball “War Eagle Battle” Tournament Thread
On 3/21/2021 at 8:28 AM, Mikey said:

For years I went to AU softball games when Tina Deese was the coach. It was a nice, relaxing way to spend an afternoon or evening. I had some young granddaughters at the time and with free admission, you could take a carload of girls, turn them loose there and not worry. Swimming coach David Marsh did the same with his daughters and we'd stand and talk old times in Miami while the girls played around the park, safe inside the chain-link fence. Every now and then Auburn would even win a game.

Then Clint Meyers came, brought the magic and everything changed. It appears that we may be heading back to the day when AU softball's biggest contribution will be relaxing entertainment. All we need to do is get back to free admission, the cost of concessions is enough.

My sentiments as well.  However, the bolded part ^^^ will never happen.  Once they start charging Cadillac prices they never go back, even if its a Chevy product on the field.

Archived