Ranking 2021 Additions

Zeek

On 6/9/2021 at 7:32 PM, Zeek said:

This is mostly based on immediate impact and my personal evaluation of the recruits:

1. Dreshun Miller - CB - transfer from WVU and likely starter across from McCreary
  2. Tony Fair - NT - transfer from UAB and likely starter in 3-4 formations
  3. Bydarrius Knighten - DB - transfer from Southeast Missouri State possible starting safety
  4. Donovan Kaufman - DB - transfer from Vanderbilt versatile enough to play NB and S
  5. TJ Finley - QB - transfer from LSU changes the entire dynamic of what we can and can't do
  6. Garner Langlo - OT - not gonna lie just excited to get a high school commit from a player with a real OT build
  7. Colby Smith - OT - same comment as above
  8. Lee Hunter - DT/NT - has Derrick Brown upside but needs to sculpt his body some more
  9. Eku Leota - Edge - transfer from Northwestern looked great and improved throughout last season
  10. Dylan Brooks - Edge - highhhhh ceiling but needs to add some weight
  11. Dematrius Davis - QB - legitimate player that could be a multi-year SEC starter would be higher if not for Finley addition
  12. Marcus Harris - DL - transfer from Kansas who looked good against P5 competition
  13. Joko Willis - LB - JuCo transfer from Independence Community College much needed with OP/CW/ZM likely all leaving after 2021
  14. Landon King - TE/WR - Kyle Pitts type build and he's supposedly bulking well very dynamic
  15. Jarquez Hunter - RB - drastically needed RB depth and he's incredibly athletic (go watch him dunk in boots)
  16. Marquis Robinson - DL - a little over looked but he wasn't an Early Enrollee and he played lesser high school competition. I think he'll need a year of development.
  17. Roterius Torrence - DB - won a JuCo natty and only allowed one player to catch a pass all year (the offensive player of the year was the only one to snag one) bonus points for us taking yet another player from those tools at Tennessee
  18. Tobechi Okoli - Edge - might have the biggest difference between his current ability and his ceiling. Meaning he has a lot of untapped potential and a great frame.
  19. Hal Presley - WR - really like his tape coming out of high school but from what I'm seeing he might not see the field much this year and we're heavily recruiting players with a similar build. He'll need to scrap to make an impact and he has all the ability to do so.
  20. Ahmari Harvey - DB - just not high on his film and I've seen him in person and felt rather unimpressed (especially for a composite 4*). I think it'll take some time to transition from crappy small division panhandle football into SEC play. He doesn't have prototypical size working in his favor to make things worse.
  21. Ian Matthews - DL - hard situation when there's a slew of DL in the same class who will likely command more attention. Might be one you redshirt and develop over time as a solid rotational piece.
  22. Jordon Ingram - RB - transfer from CMU with a solid build and decent speed as well as skills as a returner. Provides some more depth at an otherwise thin position and has essentially full eligibility left.
  23. Tar'varish Dawson - WR - I actually liked him more as a nickel prospect than as a slot receiver but the staff didn't think so. Not very high on him but I could be wrong. Wouldn't be surprised if he eventually flips to the defensive side of the ball. Has some special teams potential as well.
  24. Juwon Gaston - DB - I think he has the physical tools but all the transfers we took at DB make it feel like the staff isn't too confident in what we already have. It'll be an uphill battle for him to crack the rotation anytime soon.
  25. Cayden Bridges - DB - same as above
  26. Armani Diamond - DB - I'm going to be blunt here... he seems like a class filler who helped lock down Lee Hunter (same school and friends). He looked decent in some film I watched but I'm not sure he's an SEC DB.

Honorable Mentions

• Kyle Vaccarella - Long Snapper - Preferred Walk On that's ranked as either the #1 or #2 (depending where you look) LS in the country.
  • Brady Ward - Offensive Tackle (maybe Guard) - Preferred Walk On from Ole Miss that was a former Army-All-American participant. Not sure what the story is on how he fell off but there's a lot of upside and he has a solid chance at potentially earning a scholarship in the future.

Isn’t Ian Matthews a possible change to OL?

I pretty much agree with your analyses with the exception of Tony Fair. You maybe right but I have heard two sides on this player one that he has the talent and is coming to Auburn to showcase to help him get to NFL which would make you spot on and two that while talented plays disinterested at times so is nowhere near as productive as should be.  If second is right then he would be lower down in the ratings.  I have never seen him play and I realize comments on message boards that go from one extreme to the other are not very reliable. I am hoping you are spot on as that would really help this new D go.

With Fair you have to remember his circumstances and motivations. It's been discussed quite a bit. Contract year. Nobody should be surprised if he balls out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

With Fair you have to remember his circumstances and motivations. It's been discussed quite a bit. Contract year. Nobody should be surprised if he balls out.

Yup, he HAS to ball out. There's no room to be disinterested. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Yup, he HAS to ball out. There's no room to be disinterested. 

I tend to think you and Loof are right but I am not sure. Like I said I hope both of you are spot on.

• Like 2

On 6/9/2021 at 8:32 PM, Zeek said:

1. Ahmari Harvey - DB - just not high on his film and I've seen him in person and felt rather unimpressed (especially for a composite 4*). I think it'll take some time to transition from crappy small division panhandle football into SEC play. He doesn't have prototypical size working in his favor to make things worse.

They play up (and won) divisions often -like Rickards and Columbia. I have a nephew on that team that just graduated and started at HB (headed to Furman)…heck of a program over there.

A little concerned that we didn’t have to fight off FSU and UF too hard for him…but they didn’t fight us for Craig Stevens either and he turned out great.

Edited by AUDevil

• 2 weeks later...

I think you move both RBs up a couple spots, they're both better backups for Tank than the other current upper class RBs. IMHO. 

• Dislike 2

14 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

I think you move both RBs up a couple spots, they're both better backups for Tank than the other current upper class RBs. IMHO. 

What is this based on? We have not seen either of these guys compete against college athletes?

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

What is this based on?

Criteria for some is being above 5'3"

I'm not sure I see either guy making an immediate impact

32 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Criteria for some is being above 5'3"

I'm not sure I see either guy making an immediate impact

LMAO. I care less what size they are. Worm is going to eat in this offense. I think Hunter will be #3 by mid season. I really like his tape, but there is nothing to indicate that Hunter or the Transfer guy either are any better than Worm and Barrett.

12 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

MAO. I care less what size they are.

Yeah, I wasn't speaking for me

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

What is this based on? We have not seen either of these guys compete against college athletes?

Size queens gonna size queen.

• Haha 1

On 6/9/2021 at 7:32 PM, Zeek said:

19. Hal Presley - WR - really like his tape coming out of high school but from what I'm seeing he might not see the field much this year and we're heavily recruiting players with a similar build. He'll need to scrap to make an impact and he has all the ability to do so.

Did I hear this guy left before he really got here?

1 hour ago, TigerHorn said:

Yes. His legacy has a very low ceiling

2 hours ago, fredst said:

Yes. His legacy has a very low ceiling

Well, he is from Texas

• Like 1

Dawson should be way higher up IMO. It’s hard for true freshmen to make an impact especially ones that aren’t early enrollees but if he gets the chance I feel he could be good for us

Edited by Sizzle
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

It's worse than that. He signed, attended class and then left, thus costing us a 2021 slot that cannot be recovered.